Waze available as an app on the infotainment center?

landpilot

Founding Member
Reaction score
Anybody else seen this message on your MyChevrolet app? Or how to access it? I’ve got an oil change coming up I’ll probably ask them about it then…. I searched the infotainment system and didn’t see it. Not on the settings for Google Maps either..

IMG_2713.png

Disabling Google does not impact getting updates to the Google OS.
Oh I agree with you, I just hate it when they send out messages like this with no other information. Sort of like when you get an OTA update and they say you just got all of these new features and it's up to you to figure out what they are or where to even find out what they are...

Anybody else seen this message on your MyChevrolet app? Or how to access it? I’ve got an oil change coming up I’ll probably ask them about it then…. I searched the infotainment system and didn’t see it. Not on the settings for Google Maps either..

View attachment 6482
I use Android Auto which mirrors my phone on the infocenter and that's the way I use Waze. I wasn't aware that Waze was also available as a stand alone app on the infocenter. To me Waze is way more precise and accurate then Google maps and I really like having the police warning updates along your route.

WTF is WAZE.....I still have Windows 10 on my computer?
It's like Android auto. Waze is very interactive, such as; : there is a radar officer ahead." Then when you pass the point it will ask you if the check point is still there. Just download the APP onto your phone. I like it. But , I'm not sure if it will show up on the screen since it's geared toward Android, Google.

It's like Android auto. Waze is very interactive, such as; : there is a radar officer ahead." Then when you pass the point it will ask you if the check point is still there. Just download the APP onto your phone. I like it. But , I'm not sure if it will show up on the screen since it's geared toward Android, Google.
My wife has an apple phone and she uses Apple car play in my ZR2 and it does show up on the infocenter.

Reactions: AXE
WTF is WAZE.....I still have Windows 10 on my computer?
Waze is a GPS alternative to Apple Maps and Google maps.

Allows user reporting of hazards. The main of which is Police which is where it’s claim to fame originated from.

Not to worry it predates 10!

Soooo... I downloaded it from the app store. It's not worth your time. It's what we in the software world call a "minimum viable product"... not the kind of MVP you'd expect. The functionality sucks. For me, it makes me sign in with a QR code EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I can't find a way for it to store your username and password in the infotainment app. Sort of makes the email above saying you don't need your phone kind of bullsh!t.... There are also very few settings that you can adjust on the infotainment app, for instance want to change the background from light to dark? Do it on your phone, sign out, and sign back in. Want to make it full screen like Google Maps? Nope, no setting for that at all. In fact, you're directed back to your phone to change nearly everything, and then you have to go through that ridiculous sign in via QR code EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I've already just removed it and I'll continue using the app on my iPhone via CarPlay... what a waste of time today... but at least I did get to wash the truck and clean the interior!

Soooo... I downloaded it from the app store. It's not worth your time. It's what we in the software world call a "minimum viable product"... not the kind of MVP you'd expect. The functionality sucks. For me, it makes me sign in with a QR code EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I can't find a way for it to store your username and password in the infotainment app. Sort of makes the email above saying you don't need your phone kind of bullsh!t.... There are also very few settings that you can adjust on the infotainment app, for instance want to change the background from light to dark? Do it on your phone, sign out, and sign back in. Want to make it full screen like Google Maps? Nope, no setting for that at all. In fact, you're directed back to your phone to change nearly everything, and then you have to go through that ridiculous sign in via QR code EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I've already just removed it and I'll continue using the app on my iPhone via CarPlay... what a waste of time today... but at least I did get to wash the truck and clean the interior!
About as I expected.

I looked for Waze in my Play store and didn't show any results. Are you part of a beta testing program?
I installed it on mine. Just didn’t bother with the setup once I heard the feedback. It should be there for everyone?

I installed it on mine. Just didn’t bother with the setup once I heard the feedback. It should be there for everyone?
I just checked again no updates and no Waze availability. What software update are you on?

Attachments

• 20230815_182851.jpg
    20230815_182851.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 16921390056551234445852829917932.jpg
    16921390056551234445852829917932.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 27
The second shows 165.5.1 as your trucks software version.
Last time it was at the dealer (6-8 weeks ago) version 167.0 was installed as part of its visit.

The play store is an external app repository. If Waze isn’t available, it hasn’t made it to your “area” yet on its rollout. Your software version wouldn’t effect its visibility.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back