Welp, I Broke’d Today

When I called the dealer to prep them for a cinderblock (non drive) I told them that it was probably the FPDM. I called the parts department before service and ran the locator. The parts guy informed me a dealer across the state had one but they didn’t buy from that dealership.

The dealership world, for those who don’t know, is closer to the mafia family mentality then you realize. So that’s the major source of parts run around.

But I wasn’t worried as I work in the industry and we do buy from Autonation.

Once I got the phone call of “yep you’re right and backorder no ETA” I said okay no problem. I’ll get it myself.

76.67 my cost (which I have to eat as GM won’t reimburse me) and I’ll have it lunch time tomorrow. I’ll pay the 80 bucks and move on with my life. Don’t care to have my shit sit for an undetermined amount of time getting F-ed with fallout.

@The_Q as far as how I tricked the truck, after a unsuccessful dry start the second time I was able to get enough fuel pressure for the engine to fire for a split second. Rammed it into Drive and then bumped it to N once it died.

Be warned. If you open the door, it will Auto Park.

This FPDM issue is much more common then any lifter issue that’s been blown out of proportion at this point.

@Swan The Truck is an early 2022. 13,800 miles.
I applaud your solutions based way of thinking and not the typical victim mentality, although it is BS how the dealer network is ran.

Cheers man.

Part came in. It’s a 5 minute installation and the truck is running again.

Once the GM warranty part eventually comes in, I’m going to keep it as a backup.

Haven’t picked up the truck yet as it was delayed a day in transit and didn’t get them the part until lunchtime today.

I know a few guys in the shop at the dealer and I requested they flash every module in the truck with the latest software. Owe the guy a case of beer.

Hopefully this will sort out most of the bugs with my 22. Including the lackluster LKAS/ACC performance.

I’ll add, every single tech with a newer GM vehicle has one of these in their toolbox as a backup for their own vehicles.

It’s extremely common. Also, unrelated, not many fans of that 3.0 in the back shop. Lots of issues with them apparently. Also did confirm that the lifter “crisis” has subsided. But strongly suggest you keep up on your OCI’s. These lifters do not like this thin as water oil when it’s dirty.

Attachments

• IMG_1417.jpeg
    IMG_1417.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1418.jpeg
    IMG_1418.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 62
I’ll add, every single tech with a newer GM vehicle has one of these in their toolbox as a backup for their own vehicles.

It’s extremely common. Also, unrelated, not many fans of that 3.0 in the back shop. Lots of issues with them apparently. Also did confirm that the lifter “crisis” has subsided. But strongly suggest you keep up on your OCI’s. These lifters do not like this thin as water oil when it’s dirty.
Two things, I find this very hard to believe for one that the FPDM is that bad of an issue. And two, I have heard nothing but praise related to the LZ0 3.0 Diesel.

Reactions: AXE
Two things, I find this very hard to believe for one that the FPDM is that bad of an issue. And two, I have heard nothing but praise related to the LZ0 3.0 Diesel.
Can only speak from experience. This isn’t a ZR2 issue. It’s GM issue. Here’s my father in laws truck about a month ago. 22.5 HC. FPDM.

That’s the great thing about the internet. You take input of others and draw your own conclusions. I’m only here to share information. Not argue triviality.

You have to understand the grasp of my comment on the 3.0. It’s techs bitching so I will clarify. I can only pass on what I’ve been told. I don’t have one or care to have one. Nor am I Anti-3.0

When you talk to the people to work on the them under warranty day in and day out, you get an unbiased opinion.

I wouldn’t want to take the front end off my truck to change an AC compressor or drop the transmission to change an oil pan gasket. But I keep my vehicles for a long time so that type of information is helpful to people like me.

Most of the issues with those trucks right now are exhaust related. Pinhole leaks around clamps light up the dash with codes and the fix, for lack of a better word, is JB weld.

That being said. Nothing that won’t be fixed over time as the engine matures. The 24+ 3.0 update doesn’t change much on the mechanical side besides adding another DEF injector.

Attachments

• IMG_20230719_131627836_HDR.jpeg
    IMG_20230719_131627836_HDR.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 30
Can only speak from experience. This isn’t a ZR2 issue. It’s GM issue. Here’s my father in laws truck about a month ago. 22.5 HC. FPDM.

That’s the great thing about the internet. You take input of others and draw your own conclusions. I’m only here to share information. Not argue triviality.

You have to understand the grasp of my comment on the 3.0. It’s techs bitching so I will clarify. I can only pass on what I’ve been told. I don’t have one or care to have one. Nor am I Anti-3.0

When you talk to the people to work on the them under warranty day in and day out, you get an unbiased opinion.

I wouldn’t want to take the front end off my truck to change an AC compressor or drop the transmission to change an oil pan gasket. But I keep my vehicles for a long time so that type of information is helpful to people like me.

Most of the issues with those trucks right now are exhaust related. Pinhole leaks around clamps light up the dash with codes and the fix, for lack of a better word, is JB weld.

That being said. Nothing that won’t be fixed over time as the engine matures. The 24+ 3.0 update doesn’t change much on the mechanical side besides adding another DEF injector.
Understood.

I think that previous post number I posted was wrong. This one matches wutang part.

That part was ordered by VIN. At least for 22.5’s, that’s the number.

I will add the module is plug and play. Negative pull, clear the fuel tables and let the truck map itself out again.

It may supersede as they figure out the problem and fix newer modules.

Part came in. It’s a 5 minute installation and the truck is running again.

Once the GM warranty part eventually comes in, I’m going to keep it as a backup.

Haven’t picked up the truck yet as it was delayed a day in transit and didn’t get them the part until lunchtime today.

I know a few guys in the shop at the dealer and I requested they flash every module in the truck with the latest software. Owe the guy a case of beer.

Hopefully this will sort out most of the bugs with my 22. Including the lackluster LKAS/ACC performance.

Please pardon my ignorance but where is this module located ? thank you ! I already ordered one to have just in case.

When I called the dealer to prep them for a cinderblock (non drive) I told them that it was probably the FPDM. I called the parts department before service and ran the locator. The parts guy informed me a dealer across the state had one but they didn’t buy from that dealership.

The dealership world, for those who don’t know, is closer to the mafia family mentality then you realize. So that’s the major source of parts run around.

Once I got the phone call of “yep you’re right and backorder no ETA” I said okay no problem. I’ll get it myself.

76.67 my cost (which I have to eat as GM won’t reimburse me) and I’ll have it lunch time tomorrow. I’ll pay the 80 bucks and move on with my life. Don’t care to have my shit sit for an undetermined amount of time getting F-ed with fallout.

@The_Q as far as how I tricked the truck, after a unsuccessful dry start the second time I was able to get enough fuel pressure for the engine to fire for a split second. Rammed it into Drive and then bumped it to N once it died.

This FPDM issue is much more common then any lifter issue that’s been blown out of proportion at this point.

great info.

Located right below the center of the front of truck box. Between fuel tank and drive shaft. Right next to exhaust, so it would take some cool down time to make a roadside repair. Also the bolts are upside down, so would be hard to get out laying on your back unless you can get your hand up over top. Alligator arms need not apply.

Attachments

• 20230826_072350.jpg
    20230826_072350.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230826_072318.jpg
    20230826_072318.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 53
Located right below the center of the front of truck box. Between fuel tank and drive shaft. Right next to exhaust, so it would take some cool down time to make a roadside repair. Also the bolts are upside down, so would be hard to get out laying on your back unless you can get your hand up over top. Alligator arms need not apply.
Yup that’s the bastard itself. Actually controls much more then the pump itself. Pretty much the brain of the EVAP system amongst others.

Yup that’s the bastard itself. Actually controls much more then the pump itself. Pretty much the brain of the EVAP system amongst others.
Seems like it could have been mounted off the front side of the tank, which is where looked first. Maybe even behind that protective plate. It would be easy to do in a lift.

Directly off the box
perfect..thanks.
Seems like it could have been mounted off the front side of the tank, which is where looked first. Maybe even behind that protective plate. It would be easy to do in a lift.
GM part 13554821 seems to be on a national backorder with no ship date. im sorry, pandemic is over and there should be no excuses....none imo. im reasonable. my buddies AT4 has been at the dealer for almost two months waiting on an engine. this shouldnt be the new normal.

perfect..thanks.

GM part 13554821 seems to be on a national backorder with no ship date. im sorry, pandemic is over and there should be no excuses....none imo. im reasonable. my buddies AT4 has been at the dealer for almost two months waiting on an engine. this shouldnt be the new normal.
perfect..thanks.

Yup. Why I wasn’t playing that game. Any dealer you take your truck into for anything related for service is a direct order to GM. Dealers will not buy from dealers for service parts.

Doing so eats into the profit margin. Biddness is Biddness.

perfect..thanks.

One of my local dealers has one in stock for about $65. I'm gonna try and pick one up next week. I'm not terribly concerned about failure, but it would save my ass when I'm in the boonies hunting. So it may be worth having one. But if you were packing parts for everything that can fail, you'd need to pull a trailer.

One of my local dealers has one in stock for about $65. I'm gonna try and pick one up next week. I'm not terribly concerned about failure, but it would save my ass when I'm in the boonies hunting. So it may be worth having one. But if you were packing parts for everything that can fail, you'd need to pull a trailer.
i get it but seemed like a no brainer for the price.

maybe you could purchase some of them and sell them through this forum as needed for others that may suffer the same fate. Imagine being stuck halfway across Death Valley waiting for a tow truck. I think if that happened to me, I would leave the truck as another relict claimed by the desert. and just go back with the truck driver.

The part number talk is very interesting. The Fuel Pump Power Control Module went out in July on my 2022 ZR2 while on a trip. The part number on my invoice for the warranty repair is 13537053. There was no apparent backorder at the time, as they had my truck fixed the very next day.

When I search for the FPCM via my VIN, I get a part number of 13543038.

Most Member Reactions

Back