Welp, I Broke’d Today

The part number talk is very interesting. The Fuel Pump Power Control Module went out in July on my 2022 ZR2 while on a trip. The part number on my invoice for the warranty repair is 13537053. There was no apparent backorder at the time, as they had my truck fixed the very next day.

When I search for the FPCM via my VIN, I get a part number of 13543038.
the older part number i found is 13544060.

Well the tech doing my global “update” bricked my gauge cluster. Black screen edition. Have a TAC case open with GM now.

Now I’m living the dream in a LS 4 cylinder Camaro. I will say, given the fit and finish of the base model camaro, I can see why they didn’t sell too many of them. The ZL1 is a completely different vehicle on the inside. Material quality is on another planet in comparison.

WTF........I have no idea why I ordered another truck with the same electronics. I see some guys with 24 HDs getting bricked on the diesel forums.

This is exactly why I sold my ZR2 and bought a 2006 2500HD. The new tech is amazing when it works, and while it's under warranty, but, after that warranty is up....no thanks! I'll keep my '06 with 100,000 proven miles. I would trust it on a cross country trip any day over one of these new ones.

Update for the thread, over a month, still no truck. FPDM installed day I dropped it off. Dealer attempted to update cluster and bricked it, TAC (technical assistance center) authorized replacement. Second cluster installed failure to program. Third cluster ordered.

Dealer called me and told me GM has ordered a STOP WORK due to my part being “responsible”. I called GM, GM opened an inquiry, dealers offical response “service part on order, no ETA unable to repair vehicle.”

I informed GM of me suppling the part, provided the invoice and photos I’ve posted in this thread. GM informed me that no STOP WORK was issued from them. Part supplied through offical channels and correct service part repair is authorized.

Where it gets good now, the dealership has made no mention of the cluster issue, that it’s on number 3 or any information regarding that repair.

The GM rep pulled the logs from TAC and they back up my story regarding the issues with the cluster and has opened an investigation into the Dealership with internal Buy Back. Due to the dealership withholding information regarding the repair.

To clarify, I have a buddy who works as a tech in the shop, and has told me way too much information. The dealer has only called me once this entire month to let me know that GM said stop which isn’t the case. He was actually questioned directly by management to find out how much I know.

Unfortunately, this is a mismanagement of a problem. The tech working on the truck, f’ed up. And bad. The service department is on the hook for 4 grand in clusters and labor and are doing their best to bury the problem. They are able to ride the free rental due to GM being unaware the service part has been installed and the vehicle is fixed.

As it sits, hasn’t been touched in 2.5 weeks. Last correspondence from TAC was in inquiry to the source of the cluster (which location of technicar) as they reman GM’s electronics. Trying to figure out WHY it won’t program. Truck is in the back lot, running, 2nd cluster installed, third in the parts department with a Christmas tree on the dash because the DIC isn’t married to the VIN.
This has been an absolute cluster Fack. And pissed isn’t the right word for it.

Last edited:
Update for the thread, over a month, still no truck. FPDM installed day I dropped it off. Dealer attempted to update cluster and bricked it, TAC (technical assistance center) authorized replacement. Second cluster installed failure to program. Third cluster ordered.

Dealer called me and told me GM has ordered a STOP WORK due to my part being “responsible”. I called GM, GM opened an inquiry, dealers offical response “service part on order, no ETA unable to repair vehicle.”

I informed GM of me suppling the part, provided the invoice and photos I’ve posted in this thread. GM informed me that no STOP WORK was issued from them. Part supplied through offical channels and correct service part repair is authorized.

Where it gets good now, the dealership has made no mention of the cluster issue, that it’s on number 3 or any information regarding that repair.

The GM rep pulled the logs from TAC and they back up my story regarding the issues with the cluster and has opened an investigation into the Dealership with internal Buy Back. Due to the dealership withholding information regarding the repair.

To clarify, I have a buddy who works as a tech in the shop, and has told me way too much information. The dealer has only called me once this entire month to let me know that GM said stop which isn’t the case. He was actually questioned directly by management to find out how much I know.

Unfortunately, this is a mismanagement of a problem. The tech working on the truck, f’ed up. And bad. The service department is on the hook for 4 grand in clusters and labor and are doing their best to bury the problem. They are able to ride the free rental due to GM being unaware the service part has been installed and the vehicle is fixed.

As it sits, hasn’t been touched in 2.5 weeks. Last correspondence from TAC was in inquiry to the source of the cluster (which location of technicar) as they reman GM’s electronics. Trying to figure out WHY it won’t program. Truck is in the back lot, running, 2nd cluster installed, third in the parts department with a Christmas tree on the dash because the DIC isn’t married to the VIN.
that really sucks man.

Good thing you have this knowledge! The typical ZR2 owner would be confused and not have transportation. What a mess. GM just doesn't seem to give a damn.

Good thing you have this knowledge! The typical ZR2 owner would be confused and not have transportation. What a mess. GM just doesn't seem to give a damn.
No. See this is important. GM does care. 99% of issues people have with “brands” is a dealership problem. Dealers are independently owned and operated. GM has been very helpful towards me and has a SERIOUS interest in this.

I have no hard feelings toward GM. At all. I would buy another truck from them in a second. GM is the one that has pushed this “to the top” not me kicking and screaming.

Honestly my heart hurts for people who don’t know, “The know”. You are at the mercy of whatever lie you are told.

Last edited:
Total bullshit! Again, I'm not sure why these electronic issues are so complex. It doesn't seem like they are designed reliably and service seems to be a crap shoot at best!

If they can't be serviced in a few days or at least with 30 days, there should be an offer to buy or trade the truck that is favorable to customer.

I can't believe I'm about to double down on an HD with the same electronics knowing others have already had the same issues on HDs.

Total bullshit! Again, I'm not sure why these electronic issues are so complex. It doesn't seem like they are designed reliably and service seems to be a crap shoot at best!

If they can't be serviced in a few days or at least with 30 days, there should be an offer to buy or trade the truck that is favorable to customer.

I can't believe I'm about to double down on an HD with the same electronics knowing others have already had the same issues on HDs.
The HD is no different than a 1500 except it will have more updates until the 1500 catches up. I'm not concerned at all actually. Mine has worked flawlessly minus the annoying audio cut out for the first 5-10 minutes. It is definitely a phone integration issue., Every time a scheduled event comes up or text or any phone notification, it mutes for about 3 secs or so.

The HD is no different than a 1500 except it will have more updates until the 1500 catches up. I'm not concerned at all actually. Mine has worked flawlessly minus the annoying audio cut out for the first 5-10 minutes. It is definitely a phone integration issue., Every time a scheduled event comes up or text or any phone notification, it mutes for about 3 secs or so.
It ain't exclusively a phone issue......if it was you could have some 13 year old Chinese kids fix it on a Saturday.

I've never seen so many electronic proble.s across a fleet. This is some janky fucking electronics that affects everything from infotainment system, driveline, homelink, fuel pump, transmission, lights, etc.

You'll get what you get with your HD. That's one of the reasons I'm keeping my 1500 ZR2. You have to have a backup rig if you want to survive record GM profits and poor engineering. Oh, and a Kawasaki KLR 650 in the back to get home in time for dinner!

UAW now striking GM parts suppliers and distribution. May be a long while before you're back on line.

Sorry to hear. Your dealership sounds like the one I bought my truck from (see my welcome thread 😤🤬). Some really suck and others are great. Luck of the draw and where you live. I am lucky to have 3 dealerships within 10 miles of my house. So, if my luck with one is bad, I will try one of the others.

Glad to hear that GM is standing behind the issue for you. I hope you are able to get it worked out or at least get a buy back that makes you whole.

UAW now striking GM parts suppliers and distribution. May be a long while before you're back on line.
not a fan of Mary Barra and her future vision for GM. im hoping strike thins the herd of shitty dealers and their pompous customer service. good techs and employees can get a job anywhere.

Man... I feel this on so many levels right now... can quickly paint an entire brand...

GM can only intervene so much, and it needs to be a good handshake the entire way through. Brutal experience, but at least you've been kept very close on it. (too close from your buddies perspective :ROFLMAO:)

My steering rack issue, (ZR2) and fuel line rattle (ZL1) are both still waiting on parts... It's a shitshow out here right now.

WuTang I hope they make it right, and throw in a goodie bag for pain and suffering. Although I'm sure just getting the damn truck back fixed would be sweet enough at this point.

FFS.

Man... I feel this on so many levels right now... can quickly paint an entire brand...

GM can only intervene so much, and it needs to be a good handshake the entire way through. Brutal experience, but at least you've been kept very close on it. (too close from your buddies perspective :ROFLMAO:)

My steering rack issue, (ZR2) and fuel line rattle (ZL1) are both still waiting on parts... It's a shitshow out here right now.

WuTang I hope they make it right, and throw in a goodie bag for pain and suffering. Although I'm sure just getting the damn truck back fixed would be sweet enough at this point.

FFS.
well said

The part number talk is very interesting. The Fuel Pump Power Control Module went out in July on my 2022 ZR2 while on a trip. The part number on my invoice for the warranty repair is 13537053. There was no apparent backorder at the time, as they had my truck fixed the very next day.

When I search for the FPCM via my VIN, I get a part number of 13543038.

Q, just to confirm, I ended up with the same part number you got for my 22 according to VIN. Looks like part was pumped out in last 30 days. The invoice also shows it replaced 1355482.

This may be the fixed part. My service advisor said they haven't fixed too many.

I got soaked for $126. I'm about do a long road trip, so decided to pony up.

Attachments

• 20230926_174041.jpg
    20230926_174041.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230926_180225.jpg
    20230926_180225.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Q, just to confirm, I ended up with the same part number you got for my 22 according to VIN. Looks like part was pumped out in last 30 days. The invoice also shows it replaced 1355482.

This may be the fixed part. My service advisor said they haven't fixed too many.

I got soaked for $126. I'm about do a long road trip, so decided to pony up.

Sure hope it’s a fixed version. It sure did suck to be cruising along at 70mph+ in traffic and have the truck die. Then to sit in 108* heat waiting on roadside assistance to show up.

Reactions: AXE
So how did you trick it in to neutral? My fuel pump control module went out in 75mph San Antonio traffic. I was thankful I managed to coast to the shoulder from the fast lane.Once she stopped that was it. Tried all kinds of stuff that is in the owners manual, but nothing worked. TXDOT HEROS had to use dollies to get us off the highway shoulder to a safe location. Then roadside assistance had to use blocks of wood like skates to get the truck onto the rollback wrecker. Totally unsat not to have a way to override the electronics to put it in neutral. My 2014 RAM RT had a red nylon piece near the fuse box to put it in neutral, why can't Chevy do the same?
There is a video showing how to get a 1500 into neutral manually.

FFS.
What is your steering rack issue? I have had an issue with my new ZR2 only 1500 miles on it and it's having pops when turning the wheel hard backing up or going forward at slow speeds.

Most Member Reactions

Back