What does everyone drive now while waiting for these to arrive?

2020 Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss 6.2L Shadow Grey Metallic

Her name's Jilly, and she's a beaut. I would actually prefer to just take the DSSV shocks, front & rear lockers, and put them on this truck.

It's been rock solid. Drove it 500 miles at highway speeds over frozen roads through the Texas blizzard in February 2021, it conquered the soft mud of the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri, devoured the soft sands of the Medano Pass trial in the Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado, gobbled up the rocky desert trails on the outskirts of the Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona in the heat of August, and comfortably negotiated the Black Gap Pass in 20 degrees weather at Big Bend National Park. I've averaged 15.9 mpg over 24k miles, no check engine lights, no software bugs, no gremlins of any kind. Best 400 mile mileage clocked in at 18.9mpg on the stretch from Tulsa to St. Louis. It's just been bulletproof. I'm hoping the ZR2 can match its reliability.

Jilly.jpg

22 Trail Boss , It's going to be a low mileage trade in hopefully by April

I'm currently in a 21 Ram Laramie. Does anyone have any experience with both the harmon/kardon and bose sound systems. I love the Harmon/kardon in the Ram, curious how it compares to the bose offered in the zr2.

I'm currently in a 21 Ram Laramie. Does anyone have any experience with both the harmon/kardon and bose sound systems. I love the Harmon/kardon in the Ram, curious how it compares to the bose offered in the zr2.
If the Bose in the ZR2 is anything like the 2020 LT Trail Boss, it isn't terrible, but it's not great either. It's a little tinny, and the front-back equalization isn't tuned well.

Reactions: AXE

Harmon generally makes better speakers than Bose. The sound system in the Ram, IMO, is particularly good. It's better than the more basic Alpine system and it's much better than the Bang & Olufsen sound system Ford uses IMO. There is less distortion at high volume and the overall sound is richer.

I really do like the 12" infotainment system in the RAM. That head unit is build by Harmon as well. The uConnect 5 is based on Android Automotive. It's too early to say if it's a good implementation but appears that GM has adopted the same OS for their infotainment system.

2020 Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss 6.2L Shadow Grey Metallic

Her name's Jilly, and she's a beaut. I would actually prefer to just take the DSSV shocks, front & rear lockers, and put them on this truck.

It's been rock solid. Drove it 500 miles at highway speeds over frozen roads through the Texas blizzard in February 2021, it conquered the soft mud of the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri, devoured the soft sands of the Medano Pass trial in the Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado, gobbled up the rocky desert trails on the outskirts of the Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona in the heat of August, and comfortably negotiated the Black Gap Pass in 20 degrees weather at Big Bend National Park. I've averaged 15.9 mpg over 24k miles, no check engine lights, no software bugs, no gremlins of any kind. Best 400 mile mileage clocked in at 18.9mpg on the stretch from Tulsa to St. Louis. It's just been bulletproof. I'm hoping the ZR2 can match its reliability.

View attachment 77
Let's all hope.

I’m driving a 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 she is Blue Metallic. I’m ready to get back into a full size truck ordered the new one on Feb 4.

Congrats on the order and welcome to the forum!

2020 High Country 3.0 l Diesel. Oh wait, its dead on the water at the dealership. I am actually driving a gmc crew cab provided by my dealer (for that, I am grateful as there are not many spare vehicles around for customer courtesy vehicles).
I am still pissed at this Diesel truck as it has been a let down because of a few issues. DEF being the biggest one.
Still NO build date for my ZR2 which sucks for me. Oh well, first world problems

2020 High Country 3.0 l Diesel. Oh wait, its dead on the water at the dealership. I am actually driving a gmc crew cab provided by my dealer (for that, I am grateful as there are not many spare vehicles around for customer courtesy vehicles).
I am still pissed at this Diesel truck as it has been a let down because of a few issues. DEF being the biggest one.
Still NO build date for my ZR2 which sucks for me. Oh well, first world problems
Sorry to hear about the truck. Generally speaking I've heard pretty good things from the 3.0 and the mileage is appealing. My good buddy and I were in Montana bird hunting back in September and his rear main seal went out on his...pulled into a gas station and it was puking oil all over. Dealer shipped it to him in Tulsa two months later...to your point, first world problems but man I hated that for him. Outside of DEF related issues, have you had anything major? Just curious. Congrats on the ZR2!

Sorry to hear about the truck. Generally speaking I've heard pretty good things from the 3.0 and the mileage is appealing. My good buddy and I were in Montana bird hunting back in September and his rear main seal went out on his...pulled into a gas station and it was puking oil all over. Dealer shipped it to him in Tulsa two months later...to your point, first world problems but man I hated that for him. Outside of DEF related issues, have you had anything major? Just curious. Congrats on the ZR2!
Glad yours has worked well. It was down for about a month while the dealer and GM tried to troubleshoot an issue. Basically it was a process of elimination that resulted in lots of frustration. Intake related issue. Then, two separate glow plug issues and now this def issue. When towing or hauling, it drinks def like I drink beer. Absolutely insane. Normally when it says 1700 km till empty, you think you are in a real good spot. 70 km later you are getting a low def message and your power will be derated soon. Jesus. I don't need the headaches for the extra gas mileage. I don't "drive" my trucks for gas mileage anyways so what the hell

Glad yours has worked well. It was down for about a month while the dealer and GM tried to troubleshoot an issue. Basically it was a process of elimination that resulted in lots of frustration. Intake related issue. Then, two separate glow plug issues and now this def issue. When towing or hauling, it drinks def like I drink beer. Absolutely insane. Normally when it says 1700 km till empty, you think you are in a real good spot. 70 km later you are getting a low def message and your power will be derated soon. Jesus. I don't need the headaches for the extra gas mileage. I don't "drive" my trucks for gas mileage anyways so what the hell
I hear ya! I actually don't have one, I've got an '05 2500 and '16 3500 with the Duramax so I also hear you on not driving for mileage. But that part can sound appealing until I hear these stories and see my buddies first hand. The new zR2 has me thinking about a half ton since about '05...and why I'm here lurking. best of luck on the new rig, less def and more beer is what I heard!

6.2L 2021 Trail Boss Custom

Attachments

• 20210929_074658.jpg
    20210929_074658.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 20210929_074724.jpg
    20210929_074724.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 126
Been lurking for a bit and making my first post. Ordered a Summit White ZR2 on the 7th, so maybe I’ll get moved to MY23. Anyways, here’s my current ride.
3D5C2809-361E-42C5-89D7-3C1A5FFCBB80.jpeg

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back