What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

Yes like another skin to the hood

Attachments

• 20230927_170427.jpg
    20230927_170427.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 121
I had the 589Fabrication shock skids sitting on my bench for months. I finally put them on. Not sure if they’ll ever be called into action since I live 15 minutes from the beach. But if I do make it to a rocky trail, they’re there to protect the shocks.

Reactions: AXE
Chevrolet accessories website and yes it is applied with double sided tape.
Thanks...I always avoid anything that get stuck to the paint. I prefer the kind that sit off the hood by about an inch and screw into existing holes under the hood and wrap around to the top side. It does look nice, just not for me.

I had the 589Fabrication shock skids sitting on my bench for months. I finally put them on. Not sure if they’ll ever be called into action since I live 15 minutes from the beach. But if I do make it to a rocky trail, they’re there to protect the shocks.
I did those a few weeks ago. They do look like they would work well.

New to the forum but I ordered a S&B Intake,Borla Atak crate muffler,Peak suspension leveling kit, Screen protector for infotainment system all tonight. I hope she gets me what I’m wanting out of it.
Im also wanting to do a ceramic coat and talk with this local reputable custom tuner about shutting off DFM and unlocking a little more power in the ol 6.2.
2022 Silverado ZR2 technology package 17k miles purchased for 60

New to the forum but I ordered a S&B Intake,Borla Atak crate muffler,Peak suspension leveling kit, Screen protector for infotainment system all tonight. I hope she gets me what I’m wanting out of it.
Im also wanting to do a ceramic coat and talk with this local reputable custom tuner about shutting off DFM and unlocking a little more power in the ol 6.2.
2022 Silverado ZR2 technology package 17k miles purchased for 60
Do you plan to swap out wheels/tires to go with the Peak or are you staying stock?

I plan to stay stock for wheels and tires, I want to maintain the stock ride quality and just have zero rub plus a level truck just looks cleaner in my opinion. As of right now I rub with stock when getting in my narrow and sharp driveway.

It's all in your head my friend. It's just your brain trying to justify the expense. The K&N is actually the worst intake one could buy. It is not a closed box and is more of a HOT AIR INTAKE than anything. If anyone is going to buy one, it's for the looks, noise it may make and nothing more. @JGaray If you're hell bent on a CAI, then be sure to get a sealed box unit like a Volant, S&B, etc. Anything but the K&N or any other open box intake.

This mod has zero impact on mileage or HP gains. If you want HP gains, you'll need a tune plus more.

@JGaray - the OEM airbox is actually an EXCELLENT airbox as, many have shared on this forum. What I did, along with several others, is buy an Airaid Jr. Kit that keeps the stock MAF in place, attaches to the OEM box and replaces the air pipe. It gets that big UGLY rectangular box out of the engine bay and smooths out the air flow a bit. I did mine for looks and nothing more. Then drop a great quality DRY filter in (no oiled filter) and call it a day.

Can you hear this setup? I've had CAI in all my cars cause I love the sound when get on it.

Can you hear this setup? I've had CAI in all my cars cause I love the sound when get on it.
Yes, you can "hear" a closed box conical filter airbox but clearly not as loud as an open box. I would never use an open box since it's a HAI versus a CAI and not sure why anyone would want to draw in hot air when the factory airbox, or something like an S&B, Volant, Corsa closed box would be a better option. Like I said above, they are truly all snake oil except for the "enhanced" sound produced under the hood. Without a tune, they just look and "sound" perdy.

Yes, you can "hear" a closed box conical filter airbox but clearly not as loud as an open box. I would never use an open box since it's a HAI versus a CAI and not sure why anyone would want to draw in hot air when the factory airbox, or something like an S&B, Volant, Corsa closed box would be a better option. Like I said above, they are truly all snake oil except for the "enhanced" sound produced under the hood. Without a tune, they just look and "sound" perdy.
Plus high IT's can kill an engine very quickly! Especially under a heavy load!

Reactions: AXE
I commend your passion on the subject. The air we draw in contains little oxygen as it is. Therefore, in my opinion, the air's temperature at the filter probably has little to no effect one way or another by the time the oxygen hits combustion. I agree, they can provide a benefit if other mods are done. For mine, I just want the noisiest option. ;)

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back