What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

Slide on, and plenty of threads for the nuts to grab.

I bought from Bora. 6x139.7 Bolt Pattern, 77.8 Hub. Aluminum, BORA Black, Thickness=.5in
How much bite you getting on those threads after wheel is installed? Looks like not a lot of thread would be left. Be cautious with this and retorque the lugs often.

How much bite you getting on those threads after wheel is installed? Looks like not a lot of thread would be left. Be cautious with this and retorque the lugs often.

Yes! Re torque them every few weeks!
Make sure to do them right or they can be a headache!

Plenty of bite, checked torque and they're good to go.

I am way more comfortable with a well-built minor spacer (they're custom machined, not universal spacers) than putting in thick spacers that require you to bolt them on, then bolt the wheels on. Can't check torque of the spacer bolts every once in a while unless you have to take the wheel off.

Plenty of bite, checked torque and they're good to go.

I am way more comfortable with a well-built minor spacer (they're custom machined, not universal spacers) than putting in thick spacers that require you to bolt them on, then bolt the wheels on. Can't check torque of the spacer bolts every once in a while unless you have to take the wheel off.
Yeah, but your getting a full nut on a traditional spacer. The trade off overall is less leverage on hub with larger spacer.

Also I know a lot of corporate tire shops won't mount up wheels with those kind of spacers. Not a concern if you do your own work.

FWIW, I had 1.25" hub centric spacers on my ZR2 for almost 20k miles. I never had any problem with them getting loose. Factory torque spec is 140ft/lb. I checked them after a few hundred miles and they were good. Rotated my tires every 5k and they never budged.

I have 2" spacers on mine and have done challenging offroading dry, wet and snowy. Checked both sets of lugs and no issues.
Only a total of 3 lugs that bolt the wheel to the spacer have been a few lbs off after checking the first 100 miles.
After the 100 miles, no off torque challenges.
I have about 10k miles on the Spacers.

I have 2" spacers on mine and have done challenging offroading dry, wet and snowy. Checked both sets of lugs and no issues.
Only a total of 3 lugs that bolt the wheel to the spacer have been a few lbs off after checking the first 100 miles.
After the 100 miles, no off torque challenges.
I have about 10k miles on the Spacers.
One thing I had read when I was researching spacers was when new, torque them down to spec. Then loosen them up and retorque them again. Just for the first time you install them. You still should check them after you drive a little. But doing that is suppose to help a lot with preventing them from loosening up after that initial install. I did that when I installed mine for the first time and like I said mine never needed retorqued after that. I removed them before I traded at 20k miles. I checked them with the wrench before I took them off. They were still torqued to 140lb.

I think a lot of the problems are from people using cheap spacers or just not using common sense. I never had ran spacers before and was worried about it because of all the horror stories. I tow\haul a fair amount and I can be a bit rough on the suspension, lol. After having them myself, I wouldn't think twice about running them again.

Attachments

• 20240122_102548.jpeg
    20240122_102548.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 70
How were the OEM ones to get out...what did you have to do? Thanks!
Not really that hard. I followed a YouTube video. The key to putting them back together is near the end of the video. First side took me a while to put back together. Then I rewatched the reassembly part of the video and bam, everything went smoothly. The second one took me maybe 20 minutes total.

Just received mine a week ago from Jim at 42 Stitches. I shipped them on a Thursday, he received on Saturday. Did the work on Sunday, shipped them back Monday and in my hand on Wednesday.
That yellow looks good!

when you rest your head on the headrest, do you feel the stitches? thats my worry.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back