What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

Got some more done today. Power and grounds, interface, and turn ons, wired up. Still got it going through the stock front door speakers with my alpine tweeters already in the dash, and it sounds about 40,000 times better. And I don;t have to turn it up to 2/3rds to hear when the windows are down. I'll be working on replacing the speakers tomorrow.

I hooked up the sub box from my old truck. It sorta fits, but it doesn't sit right. Works OK if I leave the seat down though. Adding that made it THUMP. I have to work some things out, the interface was working great until I touched the bass on the head unit, then I lost all the bass. So I have to figure out how to get that working right, and tune it.

Then I have to clean up the wiring. As you can see in the pic it looks like poo. I purposely cut a lot of it long in case I have to move it if the seat back interferes with it. I also have to find a good ground. I'm getting voltage on the ground wire when the amp is off and it's not connected to anything too. Which is odd.
What did you use to do away with the Factory bose amp? I put a full system in my truck last year. There is a thread posted on here about it. But I just left the bose amp in and used a DSP to fix the eq curve. I'm also very surprised you were able to get both those amps on the back wall like that. That's awesome. I mounted mine under the front passenger seat because of how tight it looked back there. I guess removing the bose amp helps a lot. I used Mid channel speakers in the dash and added tweeters to the A pillers. So all the navigation, google and phone calls still work well through the dash. Of course with the DSP I had the option to send that audio to any speakers though. Setup looks great, I'm curious to see how it turns out and what equipment you went with.

What did you use to do away with the Factory bose amp? I put a full system in my truck last year. There is a thread posted on here about it. But I just left the bose amp in and used a DSP to fix the eq curve. I'm also very surprised you were able to get both those amps on the back wall like that. That's awesome. I mounted mine under the front passenger seat because of how tight it looked back there. I guess removing the bose amp helps a lot. I used Mid channel speakers in the dash and added tweeters to the A pillers. So all the navigation, google and phone calls still work well through the dash. Of course with the DSP I had the option to send that audio to any speakers though. Setup looks great, I'm curious to see how it turns out and what equipment you went with.
Axess makes a module to bypass the Bose amp. It's got all the DSP stuff on it too. Crossovers, EQ, Time Correction and a control for chime volume.

There's actually a lot of room back there, I even put spacers under the amp bolts to hold them away from the vents so it wouldn't restrict flow too much. There's also a big ass foam piece attached the back of the seat that I removed, that's just sound deadening, and it has some channels for the cabin vents. You can definetly hear them a bit more when closing the door.

I haven't done anything since I got it working, so I still have to set the amp gains, sound deaden, clean up the wiring and get a good ground.

Last edited:
I installed a yakims Overhaul HD rack and a Smittybilt hard top rooftop tent.
20230528_164008.jpg

I mounted the tent on my trailer, while I was waiting for the Yakima rack. I'm 5' 11", 210 lbs, my boys are 9 and 11 and there's plenty of room in it.
We're heading to Florida, Tennessee and Wyoming. It's all going to be overlanding. I'll post picks of our trip and inside outside of the tent. I have a SmartCap ordered but it won't be in until July.

Built a 2KW inverter in a box w/ 250Ah LiFePO4 Battery for my ZR2 travels. Trying to find best way to hold it tight without drilling holes on the truck bed floor.

Attachments

• inverter-1.jpg
    inverter-1.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 60
  • inverter-2.jpg
    inverter-2.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 61

Most Member Reactions

Back