What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

I got Thule kit (5.5" high) that works with my Tonneau cover. Despite the lowest profile, my Smittybilt RTT (2783 - folding) hides the rear view camera, when mounted. I don't want to install RTT above roof level, as then, I may not be able to park at home or other garages with RTT on.

Not sure if there is way to relocate the camera, or attach external camera to Rear View mirror, or if there is any other low profile Rail kit.

Thoughts, please let know.

Attachments

• thule_rack.jpg
    thule_rack.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 65
I got Thule kit (5.5" high) that works with my Tonneau cover. Despite the lowest profile, my Smittybilt RTT (2783 - folding) hides the rear view camera, when mounted. I don't want to install RTT above roof level, as then, I may not be able to park at home or other garages with RTT on.

Not sure if there is way to relocate the camera, or attach external camera to Rear View mirror, or if there is any other low profile Rail kit.

Thoughts, please let know.
As far as I know, No one has figured out how to relocate the rearview mirror camera. I originally was considering a topper instead of the rack and bed cover. But not being able to use the camera mirror was one of the reasons I didn't go that route. You would think with all the racks, sports bars and toppers people are running. Gm or some other company would have a camera relocation kit available.

So some snotty young 20 something girl in her daddy's BMW sideswiped me and kept going until I follow her for a 1/2 a block or so and pulled up next to her and got her to pull over. We got out and I asked her why she swiped me and she said oh I changed lanes on her and she'll see me in court. To which I replied I have a dash cam that shows three different views. She turned white as a ghost and when I turned around to get my phone to take pictures of her license plate and the damage and exchange information she got back in her daddy's BMW and tore off doing over 90 miles an hour in a school zone, thank God it was a Saturday! 🙌 I was pushing 65 plus miles an hour and she was still at least three blocks ahead of me. She made one final turn and ran out into the main road and smashed into two other cars putting one man in the hospital and went up over the median across the oncoming lanes and up over the curb and continue to try and escape between two buildings. Her BMW was lodged on two big boulders and she just continued to sit there and spin the tires as if she was going to get away. The money I paid for the dash cam in the installation paid for itself right then and there. I didn't want to wait for the insurance companies to fight it out so I paid my deductible and the body shop ordered the parts but they said it would be months before everything came in because they cannot build these things fast enough, let alone have a stockpile for parts. The body Shop said I will end up getting a new driver's door and a new front fender and possibly a new passenger door as well if they cannot get it to come straight again. What's simply amazes me is the WOKE ass idiot cop didn't take her to jail! He gave me a reckless driving ticket for following her because I was not sure if I got her license plate on the dash cam cuz she was driving so fast. Already talked to three different attorneys and each one said I should have no problem winning in court. When he handed me the tickets I asked him what planet were we on? Absolutely jaw-dropping dumbfounding! 😵‍💫

IMG_20230520_151234626_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230522_094939469_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230522_094939469_HDR.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20230520_150143469_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_150143469_HDR.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_20230520_150140043_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_150140043_HDR.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20230520_193227308.jpg
    IMG_20230520_193227308.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20230522_154428486_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230522_154428486_HDR.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20230522_154457365_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230522_154457365_HDR.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20230520_165442593_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_165442593_HDR.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20230520_163312154_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_163312154_HDR.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20230520_163308470_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_163308470_HDR.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 147
They pretty much canceled our cross country trip or at least postponed it for quite some time. Praise God I'm still able to drive my truck though! 🙌.

So some snotty young 20 something girl in her daddy's BMW sideswiped me and kept going until I follow her for a 1/2 a block or so and pulled up next to her and got her to pull over. We got out and I asked her why she swiped me and she said oh I changed lanes on her and she'll see me in court. To which I replied I have a dash cam that shows three different views. She turned white as a ghost and when I turned around to get my phone to take pictures of her license plate and the damage and exchange information she got back in her daddy's BMW and tore off doing over 90 miles an hour in a school zone, thank God it was a Saturday! 🙌 I was pushing 65 plus miles an hour and she was still at least three blocks ahead of me. She made one final turn and ran out into the main road and smashed into two other cars putting one man in the hospital and went up over the median across the oncoming lanes and up over the curb and continue to try and escape between two buildings. Her BMW was lodged on two big boulders and she just continued to sit there and spin the tires as if she was going to get away. The money I paid for the dash cam in the installation paid for itself right then and there. I didn't want to wait for the insurance companies to fight it out so I paid my deductible and the body shop ordered the parts but they said it would be months before everything came in because they cannot build these things fast enough, let alone have a stockpile for parts. The body Shop said I will end up getting a new driver's door and a new front fender and possibly a new passenger door as well if they cannot get it to come straight again. What's simply amazes me is the WOKE ass idiot cop didn't take her to jail! He gave me a reckless driving ticket for following her because I was not sure if I got her license plate on the dash cam cuz she was driving so fast. Already talked to three different attorneys and each one said I should have no problem winning in court. When he handed me the tickets I asked him what planet were we on? Absolutely jaw-dropping dumbfounding! 😵‍💫

View attachment 5375
that sux..glad ur ok.

View attachment 5375
That cop should be reported! I would also try to reach her Father so he can hear what really happened and take her driving rights away!!!

That cop should be reported! I would also try to reach her Father so he can hear what really happened and take her driving rights away!!!
I called for a supervisor as soon as he got crummy with me after I stood up for myself when he tried to spin it on me and blame me for chasing her. He said she would not have run and crashed the 2nd time if I didn't follow her and told me that's why they don't chase people. I was like is this guy really saying this to me 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫 I really thought I was on a bad acid trip...... The supervisor came and said he could not change what that particular officer would do (the tickets)and to just take it to court and fight it because he did not agree with the officer either. He did however stop the idiot officer from trying to take me to jail, because when he tried to spin it on me, as if it was my fault, I got very assertive with him and he did not like that I stood up for myself said he was going to take me to jail for reckless driving. Powertripper!

On another note I bought the same bug deflector that @security guy bought and it looks and fits great! I also bought some deer horns/sirens in anticipation for driving back east where animals might possibly come out onto the road at night. They are removable so I can take them off before I go into the car wash so it doesn't tear them off. Like the fact that the bug deflector is screwed on and not just a Snap-On or a glue strip like some other junk I've seen.

Attachments

• IMG_20230530_195124856~2.jpg
    IMG_20230530_195124856~2.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20230530_195317718.jpg
    IMG_20230530_195317718.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20230530_195233802_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230530_195233802_HDR.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20230530_195223331_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230530_195223331_HDR.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20230530_195200356.jpg
    IMG_20230530_195200356.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20230530_195102966_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230530_195102966_HDR.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20230530_195037676.jpg
    IMG_20230530_195037676.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 154
I called for a supervisor as soon as he got crummy with me after I stood up for myself when he tried to spin it on me and blame me for chasing her. He said she would not have run and crashed the 2nd time if I didn't follow her and told me that's why they don't chase people. I was like is this guy really saying this to me 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫 I really thought I was on a bad acid trip...... The supervisor came and said he could not change what that particular officer would do (the tickets)and to just take it to court and fight it because he did not agree with the officer either. He did however stop the idiot officer from trying to take me to jail, because when he tried to spin it on me, as if it was my fault, I got very assertive with him and he did not like that I stood up for myself said he was going to take me to jail for reckless driving. Powertripper!
good for you bro. my brother in law is a cop for NYPD and i asked him why was cop such a dick when i got stopped he told me he was a dick before he became a cop. im pro law enforcement but cant stand needledick cops.

good for you bro. my brother in law is a cop for NYPD and i asked him why was cop such a dick when i got stopped he told me he was a dick before he became a cop. im pro law enforcement but cant stand needledick cops.
Me 2 got LOTs of L E O friends and some family! There is always a burnt dorito or two in every good batch👍

On another note I bought the same bug deflector that @security guy bought and it looks and fits great! I also bought some deer horns/sirens in anticipation for driving back east where animals might possibly come out onto the road at night. They are removable so I can take them off before I go into the car wash so it doesn't tear them off. Like the fact that the bug deflector is screwed on and not just a Snap-On or a glue strip like some other junk I've seen.
Some people's kids! I don't know what people think nowadays, but there are as many stooopid drivers as there are voters. It's why I don't ride my motorcycle in town.

A few years back, I had an older guy in mid 60s weaving his white BMW through traffic. Almost hit me coming from behind. About 10 lane changes and half mile later he was about to rear end a stopped car and swerved into my lane. I seen him coming and could have easily moved out of the way. Instead I ran my 35 inch Toyo MTs right down the side of his turd. His shit looked like NASCAR after a Bristol race. Mine had a rub mark on the tire shoulder lugs. He was then making faces at my kids and acting very weird. Cop came and he tried telling them I ran into him. Cop already knew he was lying because two orther drivers had called in to report him. He got a ticket and I laughed in his face. I wanted to put a pop knot on his forehead, but since I didn't have any damage, I let him be.

Most Member Reactions

Back