What is the going price for ZR2 suspension resale?

smoky

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a 2023 ZR2, Black. I am still deciding about lift and tires. If I go with something that facilitates a suspension change, does anyone have any idea what's a fair price for the resale of a ZR2 "package"? (Multimatic DSSV, skid plates, etc)

I am a new owner of a 2023 ZR2, Black. I am still deciding about lift and tires. If I go with something that facilitates a suspension change, does anyone have any idea what's a fair price for the resale of a ZR2 "package"? (Multimatic DSSV, skid plates, etc)
I'll give you $1600 right now.

See, there's a sucker born every minute.......I'm out!

List on each front strut new is over 900 bucks. If you have a buyer I think 2 grand is fair for springs shocks and struts.

Shocks will be shot after 45-50k. If your gonna keep your truck that long it'll look like a deal having them lay around that long.

My wife's last Tahoe had the magic ride suspension. I had a front shock leaking about 50k. Dealer wanted $2500 to replace them which requires rewiring fronts. I bought four OEM shocks from a good dealer for about $360 each, which was close to wholesale and did it myself.

A lot of people were just swapping over to coil overs and regular Shocks for about $1200. I don't think the magic ride suspension is as good as coil overs on my Dad's Ram 1500s that have all ridden great.

I do think the DDSV shocks are better especially over rougher terrain. Not sure its worth the money if you can do a coil over swap and run some Bilstein 5100s or Fox 2.0s, which are both awesome. Then you can do shocks for $400 to $600 anytime you want.

Shocks are wear items and are neglected on most vehicles. I change my shocks at 40-45k. They are usually shot and you don't realize it until you put the new ones on.

Most Member Reactions

Back