What Mode

mg1121

Reaction score
Ok so since this doesn’t have sport mode what is my best option with this beast. With the Cool air intake system?

im still up in the air about L9 if it defeats DFM. im gonna try tow haul.
Im no expert here but if i listen closely with the borla exhaust note, I am almost positive I can hear a notable difference in tones changing much more frequently up and down, softer and louder when running D vs a steadiness in L9….quite a bit more variation on D (and an odd blow back sound when coming to a stop) whereas L9 is more of a “solid” sound and now “blow down” type sound when stopping. Could be holding a slightly higher RPM in L9 or maybe some dynamic tuning that’s not DFM but seems awful coincidental to me if it’s not DFM related. Just my $.02

im still up in the air about L9 if it defeats DFM. im gonna try tow haul.
Driving in L9 does stop the cylinder deactivation but those defective lifters are still inside the motor. So it may buy us a little more time but they will still fail at some point. I am sitting in my local dealership right now, for the 3rd time in 4000 miles. My infotainment fried this time. Mechanic here told me to keep the ZR2 until the motor warranty runs out then get rid of it because the 6.2 with the Chinese lifters will implode at some point.

Driving in L9 does stop the cylinder deactivation but those defective lifters are still inside the motor. So it may buy us a little more time but they will still fail at some point. I am sitting in my local dealership right now, for the 3rd time in 4000 miles. My infotainment fried this time. Mechanic here told me to keep the ZR2 until the motor warranty runs out then get rid of it because the 6.2 with the Chinese lifters will implode at some point.
yeah, i get it. i told myself a few months ago i wasnt gonna let the dfm issue prevent me from enjoying my truck. Fellow member Security
Guy had great insight on the issue. i live in NYC and didnt really get the truck for off road but rather to tow my quads to the country and reek a little havoc with the 6.2l and Borla exhaust. i bought the GM 80k 8year bumper to bumper to fall back on. i hate knowing when it blows, im in shop for a month driving a Cruz. thanks for info.

I would run tow haul mode and use manual paddle shifters to keep the RPM between 3-5k in gears 2-6 if you want to be antisocial. It's alot of fun. Also tow haul mode feels like it has compression braking when you roll off, so braking doesn't need to be as aggressive.

i miss my denali 1500 sport mode. sport mode with the 6.2L??? damn.
Sport mode is coming in the 2024 ZR2 model I believe. They should be able to update ours since it’s just programming but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back