What was the SINGLE most favorite mod you did to your truck? MENTION ONLY ONE!

What was the singular most favorite thing you did to your truck? I only want to know your top favorite mod, not a list of what you have.

For me it was the Ultimate9 EVCX throttle controller.

View attachment 9753
Mine is the BantamX switch controller by SPod. I can add all the lights I want, control a train horn, etc. Makes a very quick and easy install with no need for relays, fuses or other switches. Don’t put a cheaper Amazon light controller in your $100k rig!

Attachments

• IMG_8231.jpeg
    IMG_8231.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 70
Mine is the BantamX switch controller by SPod. I can add all the lights I want, control a train horn, etc. Makes a very quick and easy install with no need for relays, fuses or other switches. Don’t put a cheaper Amazon light controller in your $100k rig!

what does the swtiches look like inside your truck that's connected to the bantamx?

what does the swtiches look like inside your truck that's connected to the bantamx?
This is the touchpad. They also have conventional rocker switches if you want them. I had it installed on the center console, only one hole to mount. An ethernet cable plus into the back of it. You can also access anything connected to the Spod on their phone app.

IMG_8270.jpg

R.A.S Road active suspension. These really work like described. A must have for me. I pull a trailer every day View attachment 10509View attachment 10508
Sorry for the reply to an old thread, did you order a special version of this for the ZR2? I just got the Chevrolet 1500 Silverado 1990 - 2024 | HD Kit and its too short to fit on my 2023 ZR2. I asked them in a chat and they said it would fit, did you have any issues?

Sorry for the reply to an old thread, did you order a special version of this for the ZR2? I just got the Chevrolet 1500 Silverado 1990 - 2024 | HD Kit and its too short to fit on my 2023 ZR2. I asked them in a chat and they said it would fit, did you have any issues?
I did have a problem with mine , but it wasnt to short. The actual coil spring on the R.A.S was hitting on the keeper of the leaf springs. I called them and they sent me a different version. On the new one the adjusting bolt was shorter so it made the spring not hit keeper. If your truck is the same as mine you will need front adjustable bar in the second hole back. Then just barley start all thread. Maybe just a couple of threads. I hope this all makes sense.20240128_161634.jpg

My steps. Had not use these before. Usually had tubes. Super happy with higher profile but functional for my worn out body. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_4446.jpeg
    IMG_4446.jpeg
    440.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4405.jpeg
    IMG_4405.jpeg
    581.1 KB · Views: 65
I did have a problem with mine , but it wasnt to short. The actual coil spring on the R.A.S was hitting on the keeper of the leaf springs. I called them and they sent me a different version. On the new one the adjusting bolt was shorter so it made the spring not hit keeper. If your truck is the same as mine you will need front adjustable bar in the second hole back. Then just barley start all thread. Maybe just a couple of threads. I hope this all makes sense.View attachment 11242
I appreciate your reply. I actually just watched another video from etrailer and they showed how to increase the length, I guess they come short to fit in the box. I am gonna try again tomorrow if weather permits. Not having a garage sucks lol

How do you like it by the way now that its on and running? do you pull anything?

I did have a problem with mine , but it wasnt to short. The actual coil spring on the R.A.S was hitting on the keeper of the leaf springs. I calld them and they sent me a different version. On the new one the adjusting bolt was shorter so it made the spring not hit keeper. If your truck is the same as mine you will need front adjustable bar in the second hole back. Then just barley start all thread. Maybe just a couple of threads. I hope

I appreciate your reply. I actually just watched another video from etrailer and they showed how to increase the length, I guess they come short to fit in the box. I am gonna try again tomorrow if weather permits. Not having a garage sucks lol

How do you like it by the way now that its on and running? do you

How do you like it by the way now that its on and running? do you pull anything?
They work great. Not as much squat. And make pulling my trailer a much better ride. I pull a 6000 to 8000lb trailer. Plus I have about 500lbs of tools in the bed. When you install these try to move the front adjustable pin to the 4th hole back from the end. Even if there are just a couple threads to start the all thread. When you start to tighten you will gain alot more threads on all thread. If I had done this I might have been able to make my first set work. You just don't want that coil spring to hit leaf spring keeper. When you start putting together this will make more sense. There instructions leave out some of this
info.

They work great. Not as much squat. And make pulling my trailer a much better ride. I pull a 6000 to 8000lb trailer. Plus I have about 500lbs of tools in the bed. When you install these try to move the front adjustable pin to the 4th hole back from the end. Even if there are just a couple threads to start the all thread. When you start to tighten you will gain alot more threads on all thread. If I had done this I might have been able to make my first set work. You just don't want that coil spring to hit leaf spring keeper. When you start putting together this will make more sense. There instructions leave out some of this
info.
One more thing. I tightened mine to the max. Both white and black disc together was my gap. They said this was max I could go.

I got it on in the third hole, the bracket itself was too small to fit the fourth hole. I took it for a test drive and didn’t hear it hitting anything going down bumpy dirt roads. Looking forward to testing out the camper later this summer. Appreciate your feedback!

Attachments

• IMG_6595.jpeg
    IMG_6595.jpeg
    460.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6594.jpeg
    IMG_6594.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6593.jpeg
    IMG_6593.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6592.jpeg
    IMG_6592.jpeg
    406 KB · Views: 31
I just installed the RAS so I can’t pick that until I try towing with it so I will say the Bulletpoint Mounting Solution https://www.bulletpointmountingsolutions.com/

It’s kind of expensive but it looks like it’s factory and works really well. Very high quality. I have mag safe magnet mount for my iPhone and an arm for my RV backup camera screen.

Attachments

• IMG_6597.jpeg
    IMG_6597.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6598.jpeg
    IMG_6598.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6599.jpeg
    IMG_6599.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: AXE
I just installed the RAS so I can’t pick that until I try towing with it so I will say the Bulletpoint Mounting Solution https://www.bulletpointmountingsolutions.com/

It’s kind of expensive but it looks like it’s factory and works really well. Very high quality. I have mag safe magnet mount for my iPhone and an arm for my RV backup camera screen.
The Bulletproof is great if you want to mount multiple items. If you just have a cell phone, the Offroam product I bought is a better choice IMPO.

Most Member Reactions

Back