What’s everyone paying?

bh867

Reaction score
I’m picking my truck up on Tuesday. Found one a week ago that was in transit and hadn’t been spoken for. They said they wanted msrp but I’m curious if any of you are seeing dealers come down on the ZR2. I can still back out on it so figured I’d ask what‘s out there!

I’m picking my truck up on Tuesday. Found one a week ago that was in transit and hadn’t been spoken for. They said they wanted msrp but I’m curious if any of you are seeing dealers come down on the ZR2. I can still back out on it so figured I’d ask what‘s out there!
All based on where you live. Everyone should be able to do better than MSRP.

i waited out market adjustment last year on my 22' and got about $2700 off msrp with rebate and dealer discount. see no difference on a 23 even if no GM rebate. say no to msrp.

I'm about to lock-in a 3.0 Duramax for $77k (equals MSRP +$1k markup) in California and now you guys have me thinking I'm crazy.

you aren't crazy. we all want things that are not a neccessity. i like the sport of purchasing a new vehicle. i like the wolves circling each other. lol. is there a huge market in your area? are they breaking dealer door down? they were not by me in northeast. being happy at the end of the day is what matters. good luck.

you aren't crazy. we all want things that are not a neccessity. i like the sport of purchasing a new vehicle. i like the wolves circling each other. lol. is there a huge market in your area? are they breaking dealer door down? they were not by me in northeast. being happy at the end of the day is what matters. good luck.
I'm actually pivoting from a Colorado ZR2 to the Silverado ZR2 just because it magically became available. Most dealerships in my area don't even order custom builds as they can't get an allocation. Any ZR2s that magically make it to a lot and are not spoken for sell within hours. It's pretty wild. Definitely a seller's market.

I'm actually pivoting from a Colorado ZR2 to the Silverado ZR2 just because it magically became available. Most dealerships in my area don't even order custom builds as they can't get an allocation. Any ZR2s that magically make it to a lot and are not spoken for sell within hours. It's pretty wild. Definitely a seller's market.
big jump. ZR2 is awesome. you have any mods in mind?

big jump. ZR2 is awesome. you have any mods in mind?
Yeah, the $20k was a bit hard to stomach at first, but this gives me the opportunity to go diesel and helps me avoid some expenses on the current truck ('14 Tacoma).

I think the truck needs a better stance. I'm hoping to run 17's with a 0ish offset and *really* hoping I can squeeze 285/75's in there without any further mods.

Going to need to put some form of steps/rocker on it for sure. I've already slid down that rabbit hole pretty hard and am now debating between the GM Sport Assist Steps and the GoRhino Dominator DSS Sliders.

Finally, I want the truck to sound a bit more like a truck, so I'll be looking at changes to the exhaust. The Duramax definitely limits the options out there, however.

Yeah, the $20k was a bit hard to stomach at first, but this gives me the opportunity to go diesel and helps me avoid some expenses on the current truck ('14 Tacoma).

I think the truck needs a better stance. I'm hoping to run 17's with a 0ish offset and *really* hoping I can squeeze 285/75's in there without any further mods.

Going to need to put some form of steps/rocker on it for sure. I've already slid down that rabbit hole pretty hard and am now debating between the GM Sport Assist Steps and the GoRhino Dominator DSS Sliders.

Finally, I want the truck to sound a bit more like a truck, so I'll be looking at changes to the exhaust. The Duramax definitely limits the options out there, however.
all great mods. use the search function on tires and setup. tons of guys have done the math on which way to go...size, spacers and offset and whether or not to trim. cant help on the duramax exhaust as im a gasser with borla. great forum for info.

all great mods. use the search function on tires and setup. tons of guys have done the math on which way to go...size, spacers and offset and whether or not to trim. cant help on the duramax exhaust as im a gasser with borla. great forum for info.
Thanks for the input! Love your setup by the way.

If you’re willing to widen your search, you can do way better than MSRP. I used Car Gurus to find my 2023 ZR2. Bought it sight unseen with dealer providing any video or detailed photos that I requested. With the money you’ll save you can fly out and drive it back. I opted to pay Roadrunner $800 to transport from GA to TX. By doing this, I paid $7,755 under MSRP and by far the easiest transaction. For me, I won’t pay MSRP on principle. I know in life that someone is always hungrier and can provide the same product/service if you’re willing to put in the research. Use tech to your advantage or at least do a Supplier Pricing deal. At the end of the experience, you need to be happy with your deal.

I got about $6500 off a 22 when I purchased it in February of 23. Seems like they forgot they had it. I think it had been sitting in their back lot waiting for a small ding to be repaired. I fixed that ding in about 5 minutes with some polishing compound.

I offered $65k for a truck with MSRP of $74k with tint, door edge protection and a tonneau cover. Ended up at $67k. Plus they gave me high book for a Tahoe I traded. I had close to that on another 22 as well.

There's 12 Chevrolet dealers within 50 miles of me.

I suspect it wouldn't have been as good for a 23. You might get a deal on a 23 end of year when more 24s are on the lot. Depends upon strike.

Last edited:
If you’re willing to widen your search, you can do way better than MSRP. I used Car Gurus to find my 2023 ZR2. Bought it sight unseen with dealer providing any video or detailed photos that I requested. With the money you’ll save you can fly out and drive it back. I opted to pay Roadrunner $800 to transport from GA to TX. By doing this, I paid $7,755 under MSRP and by far the easiest transaction. For me, I won’t pay MSRP on principle. I know in life that someone is always hungrier and can provide the same product/service if you’re willing to put in the research. Use tech to your advantage or at least do a Supplier Pricing deal. At the end of the experience, you need to be happy with your deal.
Glad this worked out well for you. I did the same and was pretty close to the same amount off as you. However, my results were not quite so good (see my thread below). I'm hoping to get my truck back next week after having been without it for 2 weeks out of the 5 weeks of ownership. I'll get around to a few other cosmetic updates in the coming weeks.

https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/new-to-the-group.1297/

Most Member Reactions

Back