Stock Tire balancing issues -Updated: Torque Converter issue

NS802

Reaction score
Dealers/techs/tire pros,

I have felt vibrations in my truck between 68-74mph since I bought it. Will make my sunglasses shake hanging from my visor. Put 2k miles on it hoping maybe they were just some flat spots that would work themselves out but hasn’t gotten any better. Took the truck to purchasing dealer today to roadforce balance, but I unfortunately felt the same vibrations on the ride home. Service report came back with the below numbers road force numbers. Are these still to high? My old Tacoma on 33s didn’t shake like this and the vibrations are right in the highway speed sweet spot. Sorry for any iPhone typos

Attachments

• B4A2E9C5-6D3D-4D73-AF29-D3A27B32A0DF.jpeg
    B4A2E9C5-6D3D-4D73-AF29-D3A27B32A0DF.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 153
Dealers/techs/tire pros,

I have felt vibrations in my truck between 68-74mph since I bought it. Will make my sunglasses shake hanging from my visor. Put 2k miles on it hoping maybe they were just some flat spots that would work themselves out but hasn’t gotten any better. Took the truck to purchasing dealer today to roadforce balance, but I unfortunately felt the same vibrations on the ride home. Service report came back with the below numbers road force numbers. Are these still to high? My old Tacoma on 33s didn’t shake like this and the vibrations are right in the highway speed sweet spot. Sorry for any iPhone typos
Sorry to hear my friend. I've been up to 90 on more than one occasion and no issues at all...smooth as silk.

I agree. Have had my truck limiter velocity enough times to detect an issue like you are describing.

Definitely a tire issue. Road force machines don’t spin tires to 60+mph. Issues compound exponentially especially with high profile rubber.

I’d continue to push for replacements. It’s justified. These trucks have no issue besides the small gas tank at 80mph.

Had a balancing issue with the tires under 1000 miles at speeds 35-50 MPH after a day of running on trails. GMC dealer balanced and rotated them. I haven't had issues since.

Update: Truck has been in the shop since Monday, supposedly getting a new torque converter. Hoping to get back by Wednesday.
Sucks my brand new transmission has already ben disassembled. Just does not feel right.

Update: Truck has been in the shop since Monday, supposedly getting a new torque converter. Hoping to get back by Wednesday.
Sucks my brand new transmission has already ben disassembled. Just does not feel right.
Well that will definitely explain the shuddering.

Also, the torque converter is attached to the input shaft inside the bellhousing. The transmission wouldn’t be taken apart for that operation if it makes you feel any better. No different then changing a clutch.

Hope it solves the issue for you

Update: Still in the shop. Torque converter is backordered with no ETA. I just initiated a buy back request with Chevy/GM per the dealer's instructions. Guess I wont be keeping this truck.

Most Member Reactions

Back