ZR2 Airaid "Airbox Jr." Install

securityguy

Reaction score
So...I didn't want a full blown airbox changeout since there is absolutely nothing wrong with the factory CAI airbox. In addition, I already installed an AEM Dry Filter to replace the OEM paper filter. I was doing some searching and found that Airaid makes parts where you can create a kit to replace the air intake that connects the OEM airbox to the throttle body. It has a 30-day full return, so I thought...what the hell. They actually manufacture a vehicle specific intake tube for the 22-23 Silverados too! It cleans up the engine bay a TON and does add a bit of performance without the noise that the full replacement kits have which I didn't want. Here are my pics:

ZR2 Airbox.jpg

ZR2 Airbox1.jpg

ZR2 Airbox2.jpg

ZR2 Airbox3.jpg

ZR2 Airbox4.jpg

ZR2 Airbox5.jpg

I like it thanks for sharing. I’m one of those that didn’t see the point in replacing the stock Airbox, but that seem Like a good alternative for a cleaner looking engine bay. If you don’t mind post back after you run it for a bit and let us know your thoughts on it.

Looks good man

I will add to this to those who didn’t want to change out the box that the Corsa/Volant systems keep the factory lower(and mounting) and just change the lid.

I shared this desire as aftermarket complete boxes usually fit like ass.

I absolutely want to do this! Part numbers?
If you call Airaid (owned by K&N) and tell them what you want, they will design it over the phone and you pay for it over the phone....no on-line ordering. These are the parts sent in my confirmation email. Now, please note that I already had an AEM Dry Filter in my OEM box. If you do not have a dry (or oil based if you prefer), you will need to order a filter. Filters are, most likely, cheaper from another source but see what they'll sell you theirs for. I highly recommend the AEM below, but try to find it cheaper if you can.

Intake.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you call Airaid (owned by K&N) and tell them what you want, they will design it over the phone and you pay for it over the phone....no on-line ordering. These are the parts sent in my confirmation email. Now, please note that I already had an AEM Dry Filter in my OEM box. If you do not have a dry (or oil based if you prefer), you will need to order a filter. Filters are, most likely, cheaper from another source but see what they'll sell you theirs for. I highly recommend the AEM below, but try to find it cheaper if you can.

View attachment 1605
Just curious what that costs, if you don't mind sharing.

View attachment 1605
Outstanding! I especially like the fact that the very sensitive Air Mass Sensor stays in place! Those can really be pesky if the airflow through them changes a lot.

View attachment 1605
Awesome! Thanks

Most Member Reactions

Back