ZR2 Exhaust

red454

Founding Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen or heard anything about the exhaust on the ZR2 except that the tailpipes are hidden. I finally seen a video where the muffler is visible and it plainly shows Borla on the case of it. Can anyone who has their ZR2 confirm that the production trucks already come with a Borla muffler from the factory and therefore are probably comparable to the performance optioned system available on the Trail Boss?

I haven't seen or heard anything about the exhaust on the ZR2 except that the tailpipes are hidden. I finally seen a video where the muffler is visible and it plainly shows Borla on the case of it. Can anyone who has their ZR2 confirm that the production trucks already come with a Borla muffler from the factory and therefore are probably comparable to the performance optioned system available on the Trail Boss?
Does not come from the factory, was purchased here( I asked) https://www.shopchevyparts.com/perf...l-dual-rear-exit-swb/19433388-p-92320334.html

I tried to dig through the comments on that video but finally gave up. appreciate the post/response.

As a side note, already "on sale"...love the marketing gimmick on that site

Thank for the replies. I did a little digging and found the performance numbers on the GM Borla exhaust.

Give your Silverado 1500 ZR2 6.2L engine a throaty purr with this Performance Cat-back Exhaust System from Chevrolet. This Genuine Chevrolet Accessories Performance Exhaust is designed specifically for the Silverado 1500 ZR2 which is limited to a Short Wheel Base (SWB) model; Crew Cab with Short Bed [5'-8"]. This Performance Exhaust kit is made from aircraft grade T-304 stainless steel with large front 3.5-inch and rear split 2.75-inch outer-diameter 304 stainless-steel pipes. This system offers up to a [40 percent reduction in back pressure at 335 g/s at 600 degrees C], up to a 13-hp improvement at 5,600 rpm and up to 8 additional pound-feet of torque at 4,100 rpm over the production exhaust system.

I emailed Borla to see if they had a system for the ZR2 yet and their reply was,

We currently have a system in development for the new ZR2’s and have it scheduled for a late spring release. Please check back in with us towards the end of May, as we should have it updated by then.

Visit our website at: www.borla.com

Connect with us:

Ernest Raft | Customer Service

Borla Performance Industries, Inc.

701 Arcturus Ave, Oxnard, CA 93033

Ordered the Borla today. Dealer said 7-10 days:)
What did you end paying if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve seen it online for 1300 and the dealer I’m getting the truck through quoted 2950 installed…. Which seems way too high.

Had the huge factory muffler with flapper removed and installed a new 3” inlet/outlet Flowmaster FX in mine yesterday. Sounds absolutely perfect. Growls like a Vette when you’re on the gas, but hardly noticeable at cruising speeds. Added a K&N Cold Air Intake as well. Made a considerable difference in sound and performance.

Did you see Lonestar Hawaiian video on YT with the AWE exhaust? Somebody posted it here. He installed it on a Trail Boss and that thing sounded like a wild animal growling. Nasty.....
I contacted AWE yesterday about an exhaust and they said they are currently planning one for the ZR2 and that it will be a little while before one is released from them. But I am definitely going to get one once available!

I contacted AWE yesterday about an exhaust and they said they are currently planning one for the ZR2 and that it will be a little while before one is released from them. But I am definitely going to get one once available!
Why not the Borla system?
Nothing against AWE. A lot of Audi guys love AWE stuff but the Borla system sounds great.

I also reached out to AWE.
Representative told me he’ll have more info in a couple months.
He said by summertime they should have one ready.
He said they had a ton of inquiries for the Zr2.

I’m just curious is it gonna have high approach angle tips, or outlets through the rear bumper.The representative I spoke with said not sure if they were gonna make two types of the system.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back