2023 ZR2 BLACK: Project KR-71

3M Carbon Fiber wrapped insert:

To be honest, I don't like how the trail boss share's the hood with the ZR2. Needs something to turn it up a bit...

Anyways, it turned out very nice. I like it. Took inspiration from the ZL1.

I'll see how it holds up - if anything, I'll go plain satin black next time. we'll see...

R i G

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_2220.jpeg
    IMG_2220.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_2219.jpeg
    IMG_2219.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2217.jpeg
    IMG_2217.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_2216.jpeg
    IMG_2216.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 334
3M Carbon Fiber wrapped insert:

To be honest, I don't like how the trail boss share's the hood with the ZR2. Needs something to turn it up a bit...

Anyways, it turned out very nice. I like it. Took inspiration from the ZL1.

I'll see how it holds up - if anything, I'll go plain satin black next time. we'll see...

R i G
Looks sweet...but, I think you hit the nail on the head with satin black! Did you take the cover off or just wrap and tuck?

Looks sweet...but, I think you hit the nail on the head with satin black! Did you take the cover off or just wrap and tuck?
Wrap and tuck to avoid the vent plate. Too convoluted to get perfect.

Last edited:
Looks good! You gonna do the lower faux skid?

Got the Bedrug done in the mint weather we're seeing here in Southern Ontario.

Before and After. Makes for a sweet surface to ... uh.. tailgate in. Axe, don't let the boys see this. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2225.jpeg
    IMG_2225.jpeg
    623.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2229.jpeg
    IMG_2229.jpeg
    570.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2230.jpeg
    IMG_2230.jpeg
    509.6 KB · Views: 122
Looks slick...... nice job!

LMFAO........ I needed that 35 years ago!

My brother in law runs those In his trucks for a couple decades....... he loves them.

I've always wanted a shell with dual swinging doors. If I had one, I would put a bedrug in and camp in it.

ZR2 has been on the back burner for a bit since I've been playing with Zeus.

IMG_2561.jpeg

Hopefully I can get to the blackout ZR2 emblems soon.

I like it!

What brand are your garage cabinets? I'm going to replace mine and wanted to go dark gray or black.

I like it!

What brand are your garage cabinets? I'm going to replace mine and wanted to go dark gray or black.
Thanks AXE. Husky - Home Depot, usually see a sale around this time. I got them May of last year.

Reactions: AXE
Thanks AXE. Husky - Home Depot, usually see a sale around this time. I got them May of last year.

I thought they looked familiar. I have some inside the house that I use to store reloading supplies and ammo. Got my reloader set up on their long workbench and it has worked well.

The ones I have in my garage now are like kitchen cabinet. Some of the wood is getting bad near the baseboards and some of the surface material is peeling from heat. They did good for 20 years, but I'm ready for something else.

Nice. These are nice, and so far so good. Easy to clean too, which being black, is surprising. Windex removes all smudges.

I went regular duty with mine. I'm not putting anything substantial in them, and it's not an industrial workshop, just a home garage.

Reactions: AXE
Finally got around to giving the ZR2 its first driveway detail. The Camaro has been hogging the attention.

Played around with the Blackout Emblem kit as well. Heat gun and dental floss.

Leaving the Silverado badge off, and still need to get the rest of the blackout emblems installed.

Attachments

• IMG_2960.jpeg
    IMG_2960.jpeg
    446.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2956.jpeg
    IMG_2956.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2955.jpeg
    IMG_2955.jpeg
    407.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2953.jpeg
    IMG_2953.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2952.jpeg
    IMG_2952.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2951.jpeg
    IMG_2951.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2948.jpeg
    IMG_2948.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 161
Finally got around to giving the ZR2 its first driveway detail. The Camaro has been hogging the attention.

Leaving the Silverado badge off, and still need to get the rest of the blackout emblems installed.
nice job. i just got my kit. doing the same. i was gonna use fishing line.

Looks great, but I am a fan of a total debadge and the clean look.

Looks great, but I am a fan of a total debadge and the clean look.
I'm somewhere in between. I take some off and leave others. I hate giant badging! Also hate cleaning around letters, but I do for the cause!

Used fishing line n got'r done. Thanks ZR2NYC!

Attachments

• IMG_3030.jpeg
    IMG_3030.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3031.jpeg
    IMG_3031.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3035.jpeg
    IMG_3035.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 117
Used fishing line n got'r done. Thanks ZR2NYC!
Looks good! Get me a side shot. I've debated about doing this on my black truck, but didn't know if it would get lost in paint.

Most Member Reactions

Back