2023 zr2 wireless charging issues

Qtek

Reaction score
Hey all.

I have the 2023 Silverado Zr2 with the facelifted interior.

Wireless charging barely works. Doesn't matter what phone etc it will start to charge then get the exclamation icon.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hello, I used to have the same problem. I found the solution by putting a piece that serves as a riser on the wireless charger.

Finally I found this and I bought it:

You can do a test before you buy it by putting a piece that serves as a spacer of at least 1 inch you can use foam, wood, plastic but don't use metal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230703_223839_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230703_223839_Chrome.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 250
  • Screenshot_20230703_223842_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230703_223842_Chrome.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 251
Hello, I used to have the same problem. I found the solution by putting a piece that serves as a riser on the wireless charger.

Finally I found this and I bought it:

You can do a test before you buy it by putting a piece that serves as a spacer of at least 1 inch you can use foam, wood, plastic but don't use metal.
I bought this from PCB Techart. Works well. Just need to put some double sided tape on it, as it knock it out sometimes.

I have a piece of foam wedged in there, but even with that, I will get the orange icon. I slide the phone out about an inch, then put it back in. Usually between three or four times cycling it when it turns orange and then it'll stay green. Not ideal, but this is what's working for me... I notice the issue much more often when my battery is below 50%.

Interesting. I will have to give it a try.

I have a piece of foam wedged in there, but even with that, I will get the orange icon. I slide the phone out about an inch, then put it back in. Usually between three or four times cycling it when it turns orange and then it'll stay green. Not ideal, but this is what's working for me... I notice the issue much more often when my battery is below 50%.
I am wondering if the dealer will do anything as well. Ive noticed that if I pull the pad off it works better too

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back