Wireless charging symbol

I've only done two 250+ mile trips and the phone never charged and may have even lost a little with the fast charging activated. I was in a very desolate place, so I had chalked it up to poor service and phone trying to find a tower. I don't stream much, but may have been running the Google maps.

I do know after a few days and some 30 minute trips, it definitely charges "normally" now. I think on a long road trip it would charge up a phone 30 to 50%.

Thanks to everyone for the tips.

I figured the symbol thing out. It shows on my Home Screen when the phone icon is showing or when I have the phone icon open.

I was looking for it across the top of the informant screen when listening to audio where the phone cellular range bars are.

Is there a way to drag the phone icon to the vertical icon shortcut list on left? I tried that but it didn’t stick. Or can those icons be changed.

I figured the symbol thing out. It shows on my Home Screen when the phone icon is showing or when I have the phone icon open.

I was looking for it across the top of the informant screen when listening to audio where the phone cellular range bars are.

Is there a way to drag the phone icon to the vertical icon shortcut list on left? I tried that but it didn’t stick. Or can those icons be changed.
Are you talking about like this? You should be able to move any icon over to the short cut bar. You probably need to remove one first though, if you don't have room for it. I put the phone and the camera icons on mine.
1000001942.jpg

Reactions: AXE
That’s what I’m talking about. I’ll remove one an add the phone. I thought when I first got my 22 I saw a charging symbol across top informant no matter what screen I was on. Seemed like it was prior to the DRL recall update. Might be bad memory 😊

My 22' is at the dealer for failed locker switch. they gave me a 24 RST loaner and I can tell you that the wireless charger works very well compared to mine. It actually gains charge while streaming android auto. And in addition to that the android auto connects faster and there is no audio cut out after starting the truck up.

My 22' is at the dealer for failed locker switch. they gave me a 24 RST loaner and I can tell you that the wireless charger works very well compared to mine. It actually gains charge while streaming android auto. And in addition to that the android auto connects faster and there is no audio cut out after starting the truck up.
Same, my 24 works normally. In 20 minutes of driving, I can get 10%+ charge. Seems pretty fast too me.

My 22 is still random, it might work some, might not. Right now it doesn't seem to work as well after a recent update at dealer that was supposed to address USB ports. It works fine with a cord, always did.

Just had my infotainment center replaced on my 22 and finally, absolutely no issues! I've never had an issue with my wireless charger except for changing a setting on the phone. Always charged, even when I use Android Auto.

Reactions: AXE
IMG_5865.jpeg

If I remove the rubber cover piece, it charges my phone like a champ, lol. Guess it sits too high above the charger withe the rubber piece in place? If I didn’t already add another wireless charger, maybe I could’ve 3d printed a thinner replacement to the rubber cover piece.

View attachment 10749
If I remove the rubber cover piece, it charges my phone like a champ, lol. Guess it sits too high above the charger withe the rubber piece in place? If I didn’t already add another wireless charger, maybe I could’ve 3d printed a thinner replacement to the rubber cover piece.
Yep, some of these charges are weak. You can buy them separately if GM won't replace it. They only cost about $200. GM thinks if the charge icon comes on its charging, but mine charges much slower in 22 vs 24 truck.

Most Member Reactions

Back