Wireless charging symbol

cef2lion

Reaction score
I know the wireless charger isn’t very good even if it works. Where on the informant screen is the symbol? Can someone post a picture? If I leave my iPhone unlocked an set it on the charger the iPhone does show its charging but I don’t see anything on the informant screen. When I first got my 2022 I recall something showing on the quick vertical short menu on far left. After DRL recall I thought it might have shown something across the top. Nothing now. My phone does show its paired across the top.

If it is charging, It shows a green arrow through the phone icon on the home screen. My charger works perfectly with no issues. I have a Galaxy S23 ultra with a OtterBox Defender case. I did have to change the charge mode from fast charge to regular for it to charge properly. It would not work in fast wireless mode, just in regular mode.

Ok thanks. iPhone doesn’t have that setting. I look for that icon a see.
You should see the green arrow through the phone icon on one of the home screen pages (depends how many apps you have installed on the info center and what page the phone icon is on) which indicates it is wireless charging.

Attachments

• IMG_20230911_162924.jpg
    IMG_20230911_162924.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20230911_163030_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20230911_163030_Device care.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 99
If it is charging, It shows a green arrow through the phone icon on the home screen. My charger works perfectly with no issues. I have a Galaxy S23 ultra with a OtterBox Defender case. I did have to change the charge mode from fast charge to regular for it to charge properly. It would not work in fast wireless mode, just in regular mode.
Maybe that's what's wrong with mine. I have same phone and it always showing charging but never gains and sometimes loses.

You can also move that charging icon to the menu bar on left side of infotainment screen.

Last edited:
Maybe that's what's wrong with mine. I have same phone and it always showing charging but never gains and sometimes loses.
You change it in the phone setting under battery and device care. Click on battery and then click more battery settings and then uncheck fast wireless charging and it will charge normally on the pad without turning on and off on and off.

Reactions: AXE
Axe look at the above reply to the other fella and the pictures I posted. That second picture is what the settings look like in our phones

Axe look at the above reply to the other fella and the pictures I posted. That second picture is what the settings look like in our phones
Found it thanks. I thought fast charging was all about the charger and phone just played along.

Found it thanks. I thought fast charging was all about the charger and phone just played along.
Yeah I was tripping out too when I first got my phone a few months ago and it would not stay charging. It kept cycling on and off and on and off and I don't remember who it was exactly but someone in the forum told me to turn off the fast wireless charging and it worked perfectly after that. I am so grateful for this forum and for all my fellow ZR2 owners. It has been a pleasure and an honor to fellowship with all of you

Apparently the wireless charger in the truck does not output the same amps as a desktop wireless charger.

The fast charging battery setting is unique to Android correct? I don’t see such a setting on the IPhone.

The fast charging battery setting is unique to Android correct? I don’t see such a setting on the IPhone.
Correct that is for Android. I had that problem last year and actually took the truck into the dealer for it. They just said that's how it is. Some of the employees there were having the same problem. I figured it out after I tried my phone in a buddy's new tohoe. His charger worked fine, But the phone didn't say fast charging. In the Zr2 It would say fast charging. Then it would constantly stop and start. Turn fast wireless charging off and it fixes that problem. I think the problem with Iphones is they need to be moved up a little in the craddle. People seem to have good luck with adding a small spacer at the bottom. Piece of foam wood, what ever. I don't think it needs a lot. Like a half inch or so. Maybe just hold the phone at different spots to find the sweet spot.

Correct that is for Android. I had that problem last year and actually took the truck into the dealer for it. They just said that's how it is. Some of the employees there were having the same problem. I figured it out after I tried my phone in a buddy's new tohoe. His charger worked fine, But the phone didn't say fast charging. In the Zr2 It would say fast charging. Then it would constantly stop and start. Turn fast wireless charging off and it fixes that problem. I think the problem with Iphones is they need to be moved up a little in the craddle. People seem to have good luck with adding a small spacer at the bottom. Piece of foam wood, what ever. I don't think it needs a lot. Like a half inch or so. Maybe just hold the phone at different spots to find the sweet spot.
I put my iphone in upside down with the speaker at the top. I don’t have any issues with the charger.

I've since switched off my fast charging setting and the charger actually charges "reasonably" fast! We'll see hownit does on a longer trip.

Yes, I've found it does quite well. Not as fast as my wired for sure, but about as fast as my wireless charging station that charges my watch, phone and earbuds.

Yeah, I've posted it on facebook and on here a few times. Trying to get the word out. I really think all the complaints about the wireless charger is because of that issue. They think it is super slow, when really it's cutting in and out constantly. It actually charges pretty good once you fix that. Wireless android auto connects both bluetooth and wifi. So considering you have active connections on both of those and your are streaming at the same time. Even with all that the phone still gains charge. If you were to turn all that off and just charge the phone on the pad. I bet it would charge just as fast as any other wireless charger. I know if I just leave my phone in my pocket on a long drive, It pulls my phone battery down pretty fast.

Most Member Reactions

Back