2500HD ZR2 500 Mile Review

Wrong, 37's fit without cutting or any mods and do not rub in any circumstance. Nitto ridge grapplers. I have tried my hardest to get them to rub. Turned torsion 1.5 turn just for added insurance anyway. That only raised 1/4 inch if that.
By the way, I cranked my torsion bars 3 turns and it is almost level within 1/4 inch and rises just the same.

What I have learned….have just over 9k since November. Most importantly, Axe/(my Guinea Pig), has been spot on. I pretty much copied all his mods, and can’t thank him enough for all the insight. If I ever own a Guinea Pig, I will name it Axe
LOL...I don't know much, but I like your cap. I just asked for more info in your other post. Great minds think alike.

Time for a forum name change axe…maybe piggysmalls or notorious P.I.G??? 😅😅😅
I like it. I've been using AXE on various forums since about early 2000s. It was a throwback to the 80s and 90s arcade games when you could only enter three letters for your high score, presumably for your initials. My friends and I would come different handles. I see other people using it in some forums and I wonder if it came about the same way. I miss 1985......LOL!

Last edited:
LOL...I don't know much, but I like your cap. I just asked for more info in your other post. Great minds think alike.
It is a Century(same company as Leer)Royal, cost $3,600 installed. I was really worried about the paint match, but they got it right. Only took 2.5 weeks, my previous caps took months. The owner of the shop had the same cap in white on one of his HD’s, and said he preferred it over the Leer on his other truck.
I honestly wanted a Smart Cap, but they weren’t available for our 2024, not sure if they are now.
It is not perfect, but anything fiberglass is going to have some “character”(imperfections), even the brand new $4M Vikings I see in my marina.
Only issue is the forward window, I ordered it with a removable front window to enable more ventilation for the dogs, and make cleaning in between cab and cap a bit easier. Unfortunately the window manufacturer designed it on a Friday after they had been pregaming for a bender. Works great in a garage, but you can see daylight through all the seals. My shop and the Century rep are going to make it right, offered to put a standard window in and refund the cost for the original window, or wait possibly 90 days for the corrected design. I figured I could wait the 90 days for the added convenience.
Overall I am glad I went this route, everyone asks if the cap came factory.
I will get proper pics when the weather moves past here.
Axe, you saved me a lot of possible trial and error, I hardly have enough time to work on my boats, let alone the truck.Thanks

It is a Century(same company as Leer)Royal, cost $3,600 installed. I was really worried about the paint match, but they got it right. Only took 2.5 weeks, my previous caps took months. The owner of the shop had the same cap in white on one of his HD’s, and said he preferred it over the Leer on his other truck.
I honestly wanted a Smart Cap, but they weren’t available for our 2024, not sure if they are now.
It is not perfect, but anything fiberglass is going to have some “character”(imperfections), even the brand new $4M Vikings I see in my marina.
Only issue is the forward window, I ordered it with a removable front window to enable more ventilation for the dogs, and make cleaning in between cab and cap a bit easier. Unfortunately the window manufacturer designed it on a Friday after they had been pregaming for a bender. Works great in a garage, but you can see daylight through all the seals. My shop and the Century rep are going to make it right, offered to put a standard window in and refund the cost for the original window, or wait possibly 90 days for the corrected design. I figured I could wait the 90 days for the added convenience.
Overall I am glad I went this route, everyone asks if the cap came factory.
I will get proper pics when the weather moves past here.
Axe, you saved me a lot of possible trial and error, I hardly have enough time to work on my boats, let alone the truck.Thanks
I've always wanted a cap, but never got one cause I liked loading my motorcycles and quads. I think they look awesome on full size trucks. Kinda gives them a military look, like you might be able to do spec ops. I would like to be able to carry my hunting dog and sleep on the road when I'm traveling.

Glad I could help. Lots of guys on here with some good reviews and posts. They answered a lot of my questions and it helped make decisions on buying parts.

I've always wanted a cap, but never got one cause I liked loading my motorcycles and quads. I think they look awesome on full size trucks. Kinda gives them a military look, like you might be able to do spec ops. I would like to be able to carry my hunting dog and sleep on the road when I'm traveling.

Glad I could help. Lots of guys on here with some good reviews and posts. They answered a lot of my questions and it helped make decisions on buying parts.
I reminisce about my 98 Suburban Diesel(best truck ever), this kind of checks all the boxes(excluding the def), with the cap. Also would really love an Excursion in mint condition.

I reminisce about my 98 Suburban Diesel(best truck ever), this kind of checks all the boxes(excluding the def), with the cap. Also would really love an Excursion in mint condition.
A couple guys in my neighborhood have very nice Excursions. They say people offer them cash deals all the time.

Not much rust in Arizona, so they last along time. Sun and heat can do some damage tho.

Not much rust in Arizona, so they last along time. Sun and heat can do some damage tho.
Give and take, I live on an island so it doesn’t get too hot or too cold. I battle corrosion daily, wish every kit came with a stainless option. I love Arizona, but can’t understand how every time I fly into Phoenix(Sky Harbor), I spot the same stray dog turd(dejavu), under a bench, I saw 10 years ago. The desert perplexes me. Wish I could have the best of both worlds, less the the dog crap. Most of my work is in Tucson

Give and take, I live on an island so it doesn’t get too hot or too cold. I battle corrosion daily, wish every kit came with a stainless option. I love Arizona, but can’t understand how every time I fly into Phoenix(Sky Harbor), I spot the same stray dog turd(dejavu), under a bench, I saw 10 years ago. The desert perplexes me. Wish I could have the best of both worlds, less the the dog crap. Most of my work is in Tucson
LMFAO....... probably the same gay guys walking there dog in my neighborhood.

I m from North Dakota originally. Still have a lot of family and a business there. Hoping to spend a lot more time there now. I like the slow pace of life in rural America. I've enjoyed Arizona and had ac great career here. Time to wind it down now. Gonna end the same way I started.

LMFAO....... probably the same gay guys walking there dog in my neighborhood.

I m from North Dakota originally. Still have a lot of family and a business there. Hoping to spend a lot more time there now. I like the slow pace of life in rural America. I've enjoyed Arizona and had ac great career here. Time to wind it down now. Gonna end the same way I started.
I am of northern UP Michigan decent, on my father’s side, DE from my mother, born in Princeton, NJ because they were still in grad school there. I was a “oopsie”

Any chance of getting a couple of pics. ive been eying a cap for like 3 days. Mine is identical to yours and was thinking black, maybe?.....

Reactions: AXE
Any chance of getting a couple of pics. ive been eying a cap for like 3 days. Mine is identical to yours and was thinking black, maybe?.....
Managed to grab some, I can post more tomorrow if anyone needs more details.

Attachments

• IMG_3173.jpeg
    IMG_3173.jpeg
    414 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3174.jpeg
    IMG_3174.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3175.jpeg
    IMG_3175.jpeg
    450.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3176.jpeg
    IMG_3176.jpeg