About that "Premium" Bose system...

I think the stock Bose system on our trucks is on-par with an awesome JVC cassette recorder that I used for bootlegging songs from Casey Kasem's Top 50 Countdown in 1989. I was both "rico" and "sauve'.
I feel the speakers in the back doors are not Bose. My 2020 Tahoe all the speaker grills say Bose and sound great .The rear speakers in the ZR 2. Sound flat and have no bass at all has anyone changed out the rear door speakers yet. Turn the fader to all front speaker sounds good not great move the fader to all rear speakers and sound like an AM radio

I feel the speakers in the back doors are not Bose. My 2020 Tahoe all the speaker grills say Bose and sound great .The rear speakers in the ZR 2. Sound flat and have no bass at all has anyone changed out the rear door speakers yet. Turn the fader to all front speaker sounds good not great move the fader to all rear speakers and sound like an AM radio

They say Bose, but honestly all the stock speakers seem pretty cheap. The rear speakers are also pretty small. This is them compared to 6 1/2" speakers. I'd say the factory ones are more like 5 1/2"
20221025_154936.jpg

20221130_074409.jpg

Clarification question hopefully. Do all ZR2's come with the Bose sound system or is that an upgrade option? I thought so butI get hung up because I picked up my 22 right before thanksgiving and none of my speaker grills have the Bose emblem on them. I may need to reach out to the dealer. Any other easy ways to confirm if I actually have the system and maybe GM just didnt have the correct grills?

Last edited:
Clarification question hopefully. Do all ZR2's come with the Bose sound system or is that an upgrade option? I thought so butI get hung up because I picked up my 22 right before thanksgiving and none of my speaker grills have the Bose emblem on them. I may need to reach out to the dealer. Any other easy ways to confirm if I actually have the system and maybe GM just didnt have the correct

Clarification question hopefully. Do all ZR2's come with the Bose sound system or is that an upgrade option? I thought so butI get hung up because I picked up my 22 right before thanksgiving and none of my speaker grills have the Bose emblem on them. I may need to reach out to the dealer. Any other easy ways to confirm if I actually have the system and maybe GM just didnt have the correct grills?
Can you take a pic of your grills and post them up? The ZR2 has its own specific grill so we should be able to tell if it has non-ZR2 grills.

Attachments

• 07CD3C60-E9EE-4227-87BC-258C9F78DEBA.jpeg
    07CD3C60-E9EE-4227-87BC-258C9F78DEBA.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 51C5AFB9-680A-42D5-9A01-7FCB38BFD775.jpeg
    51C5AFB9-680A-42D5-9A01-7FCB38BFD775.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 120
  • DBEA39CB-5025-46B7-A807-17C166EC68F1.jpeg
    DBEA39CB-5025-46B7-A807-17C166EC68F1.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 113
That's odd, the front door grills should say bose at the top. But I'm guessing you have the same speakers and amp as everyone else. They are all the same and I think all the refresh trucks are have the same stereo.

That's odd, the front door grills should say bose at the top. But I'm guessing you have the same speakers and amp as everyone else. They are all the same and I think all the refresh trucks are have the same stereo.
Thought so. Anyone happen to know where the factory Bose amp is located?

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back