šŸ Sold Air Lift Bags FS

8ball_99

Reaction score
I traded my 1500, so I have a few things I took off it taking up space. I've got a set of Air Lift 5000 ultimate along with a set of Daystar cradles for sale. The bags are for a trail boss and the brackets are from the standard 1500. Basically its a couple kits pieced together to work with a ZR2 with out giving up the smooth ride or the suspension travel. Here is the thread on them if you want more details https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/onboard-air-airbags.357/

A bag kit new is around 480 and the cradles are another 100. But you can't buy a kit from Airlift that has these bags with these brackets. So anyone wanting to do bags on a ZR2, This would save you some trouble. Asking 300 shipped. Included is some airline with a T and a schrader valve. You actually don't have to have a onboard compressor. I had the schrader valve in the rear at the hitch. You could add air to the bags with any compressor or air tank manually. E like airing up a tire if you wanted to keep it simple.
Everything is a little dusty dirty as I just took it off the truck the other day.
20231218_144456.jpg
20231218_144521.jpg

What are you going with on 2500HD? I still haven't done mine, but probably stick with Air Lift Super Duty 5000 with compressor and remote.

Last edited:
What are you going with on 2500HD? I still haven't done mine, but probably stick with Air Lift Super Duty 5000 with compressor and remote.

Haven't got that far yet. Still have a lot to do. Waiting on a few parts I ordered to come in. My auxiliary battery plan is going to have to change. The gm distribution panel is on national back order. So my order got canceled. Not a huge deal. Just new plan. Once I get that done, onboard air, train horn and stereo. I'll figure out the suspension afterwards.

I pretty much took everything Off my 1500 before I traded it. Took a whole day. So I already have most everything. Just some stuff like the airbags and molle panels won't fit the 2500. Need to pick up a new B&w hitch with a 2.5" shank also, I reckon.

Lol got my 1500 all set up just like I wanted, then I just flipped the table over going to a 2500.

Reactions: AXE
So whatā€™s the deal on the aux battery? Do the new HD duramax not have two batteries? I saw a couple threads that made me think GM has gone away from two batteries in the duramax which surprised me as a guy thatā€™s been in them since ā€˜05

So whatā€™s the deal on the aux battery? Do the new HD duramax not have two batteries? I saw a couple threads that made me think GM has gone away from two batteries in the duramax which surprised me as a guy thatā€™s been in them since ā€˜05
The Duramax all have two of them standard but just wired together. They have to, to start the diesel engine, especially in cold temps. They also all have a 220 amp alternator. But the 6.6L Gas like I have comes standard with 1 battery and the 170 amp. On the gas the second battery is wired as an auxiliary battery. Has a isolator between them. That way you can run accessories with the truck off with out worrying about draining the starting battery. Which is exactly what I want. Mine does have the 220 amp alt added, But I don't have the second battery. It's only a 150 option lol. But this truck wasn't a order. It's just one I found that had 95% of what I wanted. Dual batteries and Dark essential badges is all it's missing. Black badges are on their way and actually much cheaper then the option would have been.

My truck has the battery tray and has the 220 amp alternator. So not really a big deal to add the battery. But my plan was to do it like the factory. Touch of OCD maybe?, haha. But the GM distribution panel with the factory isolator on it is on back order. Little annoying because I spent the time to track down the part numbers and looking over wire schematics to figure it all out. lol, Oh well I can get a higher amp isolator and a aftermarket distribution\fuse panel for cheaper anyway.

The Duramax all have two of them standard but just wired together. They have to, to start the diesel engine, especially in cold temps. They also all have a 220 amp alternator. But the 6.6L Gas like I have comes standard with 1 battery and the 170 amp. On the gas the second battery is wired as an auxiliary battery. Has a isolator between them. That way you can run accessories with the truck off with out worrying about draining the starting battery. Which is exactly what I want. Mine does have the 220 amp alt added, But I don't have the second battery. It's only a 150 option lol. But this truck wasn't a order. It's just one I found that had 95% of what I wanted. Dual batteries and Dark essential badges is all it's missing. Black badges are on their way and actually much cheaper then the option would have been.

My truck has the battery tray and has the 220 amp alternator. So not really a big deal to add the battery. But my plan was to do it like the factory. Touch of OCD maybe?, haha. But the GM distribution panel with the factory isolator on it is on back order. Little annoying because I spent the time to track down the part numbers and looking over wire schematics to figure it all out. lol, Oh well I can get a higher amp isolator and a aftermarket distribution\fuse panel for cheaper anyway.
Completely makes senseā€¦the need for cold cranking start up amps on the duramax is where I was a bit confused (but I also was thinking surely this isnā€™t a place GM came up with some idea that allowed them to penny pinched?!?!?! šŸ˜…)

Iā€™ve done various levels of messing with my trucks - tuning, suspension, etc - but never messed with a lot of electrical driven accessories like lights, onboard air, winch, etc but would really like to explore as I think some of these would be pretty handy on hunting trips and around the farm. Appreciate yā€™all sharing this information

Last edited:
Completely makes senseā€¦the need for cold cranking start up amps on the duramax is where I was a bit confused (but I also was thinking surely this isnā€™t a place GM came up with some idea that allowed them to penny pinched?!?!?! šŸ˜…)

Iā€™ve done various levels of messing with my trucks - tuning, suspension, etc - but never messed with a lot of electrical driven accessories like lights, onboard air, winch, etc but would really like to explore as I think some of these would be pretty handy on hunting trips and around the farm. Appreciate yā€™all sharing this information
I installed a lot of tuck accessories as a kid. Did a lot of 12v stuff too. Heck trucks use to not all come with hitches, brake controllers or trailer plugs. Electrical systems in vehicles are way more complex. But at the end of the day it's all low voltage. Isn't that hard to do basic stuff. Just a positive and a ground. Key thing is to use proper size wire and fuses for the load and the length of the run. Don't run loads through switches unless very small. Use relays for most things. Grounds are really important as the positive. Critical to make a good ground.

Don't be scared of it. Once you get the basics, it's not hard to do common electrical stuff on vehicles.

Most Member Reactions

Back