Anyone else change colors?

mattmiller1973

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have done it four times. I started out Glacier Blue because I test drive it and loved it, then my wife said it was a “joke color” so I changed to Dark Ash — very serious color, right? But then I was like, the interior needs that blue pop, so I was back to Glacier. But I thought that might stand out too much to cops and coworkers and stuff, so I changed it to the more conservative Northsky Blue.

My dealer is getting slightly annoyed. But as long as they leave me at 1100….

0B1186BF-18E8-43ED-8BFB-A6FA2A86735D.jpeg

haha, I think picking the color can be one of the hardest decisions. Especially if you plan on keeping it a while. I'm normally a grey truck guy, however the new blue looks incredible! It screams "feature me on a magazine cover!"

I went back and forth between Glacier Blue and Sand Dune Metallic. Ultimately went with SDM but I do love the Blue.

Be aware that if you change anything on an 1100 order that was input before any of the price increases, it is no longer price protected at the original price.

The blue is the character of this truck to me. It's very obvious what it is, and it shows the details perfectly. I was really thinking about a Black one, but this Blue is amazing.

The blue is the character of this truck to me. It's very obvious what it is, and it shows the details perfectly. I was really thinking about a Black one, but this Blue is amazing.
I always had black trucks but switched to glacier blue. You’re absolutely right it just suits this truck perfectly.

I really like the blue and other colors you mentioned and if I weren’t on backroads all the time I would get something different. I have been getting silver vehicles for years and they tend to hide the dirt and dings a little better.

Has anyone seen the dune color in person ? I'm going back and forth between dune and red.

Has anyone seen the dune color in person ? I'm going back and forth between dune and red.
I almost ordered one in sand dune. Saw one in person the other day and was glad I didn’t. To me it looks better in photos than in real life. Looks more bland in person to me. I’d say try and get your eyes on one in person, or at least a vehicle in that color, before you make the choice. It’s all personal choice and you may end up loving it.

That's what I'm worried about. I've been watching for months and I still haven't seen it on anything. I'm in a pretty rural area.

I think it would match my K10 somewhat, that's part of it I think that would be neat. but red would work too.

Attachments

• IMG_0793.JPG
    IMG_0793.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 40
Yes, with the black it really works for me. the metallic shows in those pictures more . seems like it will be an easier care color and look good a long time too, kind of like white.

I started looking for mine in oct 22 and didn't find the one that had all the features I wanted till Feb 23 . I wouldn't settle for any other color than the blue! And I agree, the blue is what makes this truck pop! Only if I absolutely could not find the combination of features and the blue I was going to go for the ash metallic. My only complaint about the blue is they could have added a little more metal flake

I started looking for mine in oct 22 and didn't find the one that had all the features I wanted till Feb 23 . I wouldn't settle for any other color than the blue! And I agree, the blue is what makes this truck pop! Only if I absolutely could not find the combination of features and the blue I was going to go for the ash metallic. My only complaint about the blue is they could have added a little more metal flake
i have Northsky and alot of flake. looks great in the sun and shade. i thought the glacier blue was too flourescent. at least the one at my dealer was.

I've always bought my trucks in gray/black . But I loved the glacier blue. Pic's are my 2004 Avalanche (son drives it now) and my former 2020 Midnight Edition TrailBoss
IMG_0306.JPEG
IMG_0307.JPEG

i have Northsky and alot of flake. looks great in the sun and shade. i thought the glacier blue was too flourescent. at least the one at my dealer was.
Yes the northsky has a nice amount and looks great in the sun👍

Most Member Reactions

Back