Anyone using prepaid oil changes for the zr2 2500 Duramax ?

Big_dog

Reaction score
Got my free oil change today. There was a mix up at the counter and the lady didn't enter it as my first oil change. They handed me a bill that I swore said $120 for oil and tire rotation. We got it straightened out, but that sounds cheap for a big diesel. My RAM 1500 3.0 ecodiesel cost about $220. But I got prepaid and it only cost $300 for 3 changes.
Anyways, now that my freebie is over I wanted to see about prepaid plans for 2500 diesel and if there are any savings to do so. I like that you can use them at any dealership since the account slaves to your VIN. The finance guy at the dealership is the one to price these things I guess. Of course he was out today so I am curious if anyone here uses them and if so the cost. Thx!!

$100 per change would be a pretty good deal for dealer changes. I've seen people paying alot more than that.

I do my own and conventional 15W40 oil is now $50+ for 2.5 gallons and synthetic is $70. ACDelco PF63 filter is $10-13. So it's $65-85 just to do your own and you have to spend an hour doing it plus disposal.

I still like doing my own charges, so I'll continue. But $100 charges would be the way to go if you don't want a hassle.

Check your dipstick. After I did mine and filled 2.5 gallons, it was only showing below half on the dipstick hatching indicator. It still took another 1/2 quart to get it near top of hatching. Others reporting the same. Also dealers are using the wrong PF26 filter, because their computers show that part number. The PF 63 filter flows better at start up due to more holes in base plate.

Last edited:
Got my free oil change today. There was a mix up at the counter and the lady didn't enter it as my first oil change. They handed me a bill that I swore said $120 for oil and tire rotation. We got it straightened out, but that sounds cheap for a big diesel. My RAM 1500 3.0 ecodiesel cost about $220. But I got prepaid and it only cost $300 for 3 changes.
Anyways, now that my freebie is over I wanted to see about prepaid plans for 2500 diesel and if there are any savings to do so. I like that you can use them at any dealership since the account slaves to your VIN. The finance guy at the dealership is the one to price these things I guess. Of course he was out today so I am curious if anyone here uses them and if so the cost. Thx!!
$100 per oil change is not bad for the truck. Even mid sized cars get charged same or more than this price at dealership.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back