Auto stop/start option

SwanyZR2

Reaction score
hey all , would anyone else have the bitch about the built in start/ stop button that’s on the main console, the option that can never be turned off permanently, currently you need to turn it off every time you start the truck. I hate it.
anyway to kill it?
2022 ZR2, 1 week old
appreciate it

Attachments

• 41A18DF1-1FBB-4DCF-93B7-795A494242A6.jpeg
    41A18DF1-1FBB-4DCF-93B7-795A494242A6.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 349
On my wife’s Fusion it’s a simple 2 prong connector on the negative terminal. No dash lights. Completely disabled.

GM Doesn’t seem to have a physical easy way without pulling the dash apart for a “memory keeper” add on or until the aftermarket catches up with global B.

Every time I forget and I hear the dry start I cringe.

On my wife’s Fusion it’s a simple 2 prong connector on the negative terminal. No dash lights. Completely disabled.

GM Doesn’t seem to have a physical easy way without pulling the dash apart for a “memory keeper” add on or until the aftermarket catches up with global B.

Every time I forget and I hear the dry start I cringe.
Ha, same here but I am mostly used to pushing it when I get in now. I can't wait for the Pulsar LT to come out for the ZR2 though.

Thanks guys… What a shit design that option is CHEVROLET, my prior gmc, same option, worked flawlessly
My park assist is also not cooperating but that’s something they say they can remedy… I spent 2 hours f’ing with it, using manuals etc, it won’t do the audible front/rear end warning and the park assist switch light goes out as soon as your start driving it, wife n I both spent time on it, maddening .

Thanks guys… What a shit design that option is CHEVROLET, my prior gmc, same option, worked flawlessly
My park assist is also not cooperating but that’s something they say they can remedy… I spent 2 hours f’ing with it, using manuals etc, it won’t do the audible front/rear end warning and the park assist switch light goes out as soon as your start driving it, wife n I both spent time on it, maddening .

Any chance your truck has the later retrofit for the park assist?

So, with the old analog tachs, the rpm bar would go to "auto stop" if the truck entered auto stop. With these digital tachs, I cant tell if mine is ever going into auto stop. I never hear it stop and start, and the RPMs never go to zero.
Is there a light up auto stop that illuminates when the truck is in auto stop, or how do you know besides trying to feel and hear the truck stop and start again?

So, with the old analog tachs, the rpm bar would go to "auto stop" if the truck entered auto stop. With these digital tachs, I cant tell if mine is ever going into auto stop. I never hear it stop and start, and the RPMs never go to zero.
Is there a light up auto stop that illuminates when the truck is in auto stop, or how do you know besides trying to feel and hear the truck stop and start again?
BA510AD4-50E9-46F7-BD85-21495DB2C8B9.jpeg
this is the button that illuminates and turns onevery time you restart the truck, you can turn it off once started Or back on to your liking.

View attachment 506
this is the button that illuminates and turns onevery time you restart the truck, you can turn it off once started Or back on to your liking.
Yeah, that is always lit as on when I start the truck, and I can cycle that on and off. My question was more related to when the actual truck is put into auto stop mode while at a light (or whatever), is there a dash indication that the auto stop is actually engaged? I never feel or hear my truck go into auto stop mode, so I am wondering if it is even working right.

Aww, sorry, I don’t think there’s a light but I can hear (if windows open easier)it start.
and I can feel it stop ‘ start, its ever so slight. I’m ocd like that..

Aww, sorry, I don’t think there’s a light but I can hear (if windows open easier)it start.
and I can feel it stop ‘ start, its ever so slight. I’m ocd like that..
There is an indicator on the dash. I’ll take a pic next time I’m out for a drive. Shows up in the lower right gauge cluster.

Yeah, that is always lit as on when I start the truck, and I can cycle that on and off. My question was more related to when the actual truck is put into auto stop mode while at a light (or whatever), is there a dash indication that the auto stop is actually engaged? I never feel or hear my truck go into auto stop mode, so I am wondering if it is even working right.
A7AC53F7-8FD1-41A8-B701-02C1A4AD96C4.jpeg
The RPMs will drop to 0 and the “Auto Stop” will appear to let you know that the engine is no longer running. There was some discussion in another thread about the auto stop being pretty inconsistent. Mine rarely turns off when I’m running the air, but with it off and the windows down it works most of the time.

View attachment 513The RPMs will drop to 0 and the “Auto Stop” will appear to let you know that the engine is no longer running. There was some discussion in another thread about the auto stop being pretty inconsistent. Mine rarely turns off when I’m running the air, but with it off and the windows down it works most of the time.

I've had it turn off sometimes even with the air on. 🤷‍♂️

It all depends on how much colder the ac is trying to get it in the cabin. If it’s no where close to the desired temp it will not cut. If it is where you want it usually will shut off for a short time then cut back on. That’s my experience

Most Member Reactions

Back