Auto stop/start option

It all depends on how much colder the ac is trying to get it in the cabin. If it’s no where close to the desired temp it will not cut. If it is where you want it usually will shut off for a short time then cut back on. That’s my experience
I tried sitting with everything off. No AC, no radio, etc.... and it still wouldn't auto-stop. Maybe it's user-error at this point :)

View attachment 513The RPMs will drop to 0 and the “Auto Stop” will appear to let you know that the engine is no longer running. There was some discussion in another thread about the auto stop being pretty inconsistent. Mine rarely turns off when I’m running the air, but with it off and the windows down it works most of the time.
Thanks. This is exactly what I was wondering. I will try to "force" it on more by running without the AC, etc. to see if it kicks on, or off rather.

I tried sitting with everything off. No AC, no radio, etc.... and it still wouldn't auto-stop. Maybe it's user-error at this point :)

It doesn't usually shut when I'm in park. It often shuts when coming to a full stop & other conditions are met, though if I throw it into park I've had it come back on.

Many of us had it just stop working one day. If you remove the negative batter cable, wait for a bit, and put it back on, stop will work again.

Trust me, you will know when it is working. The truck shakes when it turns off.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back