Bed Rail End Caps

securityguy

Reaction score
I don't like having the openings at the rear of the bed so I looked into bed rail caps. I ordered 3 different sets from Amazon and settled on these. Made in the USA...a bit pricier than the others, but the best fit and finish and most closely match the OEM bed rail design.

ZR2 Bed Rail End Cap.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't like having the openings at the rear of the bed so I looked into bed rail caps. I ordered 3 different sets from Amazon and settled on these. Made in the USA...a bit pricier than the others, but the best fit and finish and most closely match the OEM bed rail design.

View attachment 1946
Bought those back in June. They are holding up nicely to the South Texas sun and heat. Good choice 👍🏼

I felt the same way. I went the Putco push up tie downs to give it a little functionality and plug that hole. Why’d they leave it open but covered the front? Strange.

Probably so if using bumper step to get into back of truck have a place to hold onto, maybe🤷🏻‍♂️
Makes sense........I was just about to order some, now I'm rethinking it.......LOL

Probably so if using bumper step to get into back of truck have a place to hold onto, maybe🤷🏻‍♂️
I can guarantee you that Chevy didn't leave it empty for you to use as a way to get into your truck. I have gotten up in my bed on many occasions and you certainly don't need to put your fingers inside that pocket to get into the bed.

I can guarantee you that Chevy didn't leave it empty for you to use as a way to get into your truck. I have gotten up in my bed on many occasions and you certainly don't need to put your fingers inside that pocket to get into the bed.
I can guarantee they did! I wrnt out and dropped
I definitely think you have this right. If you go out and use that step, your hand practically falls comfortably into that hole. I did it both sides and it just made sense to grab it. It isn't a coincidence that it is alo cut in a trapezoidal shape so it is easy to grasp.

The other uses for these are also for accessories such as bed rails, tie downs, and cargo racks.

I definitely think you have this right. If you go out and use that step, your hand practically falls comfortably into that hole. I did it both sides and it just made sense to grab it. It isn't a coincidence that it is alo cut in a trapezoidal shape so it is easy to grasp.

The other uses for these are also for accessories such as bed rails, tie downs, and cargo racks.
correct. They changed the shape when they created the cornerstep bumper and called them handholds.

I think that's hilarious. I have been in my bed so many times and never once, did I say to myself, hey...stick your hands in the pockets to help you get into the bed. I'll stick with the nice, clean look of the pocket caps and keep getting up into my bed like I have been. If you feel the need to put your hands in the hole, then it appears that's what it's there for :ROFLMAO:

Here’s your answer from gm. Hilarious right?

Attachments

• C7AB28C8-E1DE-45D7-BFE3-064CF131562D.png
    C7AB28C8-E1DE-45D7-BFE3-064CF131562D.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: AXE
Do we have an ignore feature here?
If it is me you are referring to, then please click on my name and then select IGNORE. That will stop you from seeing anything I post if that's your true desire. However, you will miss out on a ton of great posts and my contribution to this forum ;)

Last edited:
I checked my Duramax and forgot they were on there too. I think they started that in 2014ish I don't use them on that truck cause I got a 6 inch lift and it isn't as practical. I have full length step boards, so I jump on that behind the cab and step onto my tire and then swing a leg over the bed.

Now that I have the multiflex tailgate, I'll use that feature. I may not use the corner step on the ZR2, so I might add those plugs that securityguy added. I already ordered them so I will try them.

Securityguy, can you tell me if they are easily removed? It looks.like they lock in pretty good and wouldn't come out easliy.

I checked my Duramax and forgot they were on there too. I think they started that in 2014ish I don't use them on that truck cause I got a 6 inch lift and it isn't as practical. I have full length step boards, so I jump on that behind the cab and step onto my tire and then swing a leg over the bed.

Now that I have the multiflex tailgate, I'll use that feature. I may not use the corner step on the ZR2, so I might add those plugs that securityguy added. I already ordered them so I will try them.

Securityguy, can you tell me if they are easily removed? It looks.like they lock in pretty good and wouldn't come out easliy.
They can be easily removed. The instructions say, so you don't dig up the plastic sides of the cap, to get a 3' dowel rod, or something long and pop it up from the underside. They do fit snug, but you should not have an issue getting them out. I am very pleased with the fit and finish and worth the extra $10 over the Chinese ones.

Reactions: AXE
I'm going to give em a try. If they are easy to get out then nothing to be worried about.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back