Borla attack to touring

jjc

Reaction score
So I’ve installed the Borla Atak exhaust system and I’m thinking it’s a little over the top. Wondering if anyone on here has ever found a conversion to the touring? I understand there’s a swap out for the “S type”. Maybe that’s all I need to tame it a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_6744.mov
    22.2 MB
So I’ve installed the Borla Atak exhaust system and I’m thinking it’s a little over the top. Wondering if anyone on here has ever found a conversion to the touring? I understand there’s a swap out for the “S type”. Maybe that’s all I need to tame it a bit.
I like the "S" type. It does have a narly cold start if that bothers you. Maybe a townhome or apartment would be consideration. I've seen folks put Borla's resonator behind the Attak muffler with good results.

Reactions: AXE
There has been a swap to touring. I started a GM Performance Exhaust thread that should have a PN associated.

One member has done it. I requested a quote and it was a somewhat custom part and the price quoted was over $700.

There has been a swap to touring. I started a GM Performance Exhaust thread that should have a PN associated.

One member has done it. I requested a quote and it was a somewhat custom part and the price quoted was over $700.
There is no Touring crate muffler that I am aware of. S-Type and ATAK is all I could ever find. I actually like the S-Type a lot but there is some drone around 1700 RPM.

ZR2NYC did the swap. He posted a picture of the part numbers. It is not advertised by Borla.

i swapped to touring and Borla did a good faith customer swap gratis. i even kept S type. use the search. Security guy is correct. sound is subjective. i can say this. the touring muffler is a full step above stock. perfect for me. ANYBODY LOCATED CLOSE TO ME CAN HAVE MY BORLA S TYPE FREE!!! just taking up space. not sure but maybe it can attach to stock system. must be a member in good standing and have a badass rig.!!!!! lol

It sounds good to me. I have the S type on my 2020 6.2 and this Borla Atak is beast

That's weird. It is on my map.
Screenshot_20231121_181609_Chrome.jpg

I wanted to go the other direction. I have the touring and wanted to convert to the ATAK. Borla quoted me $735. A bit more than I wanted to spend.

Last edited:
That is cool. My neighbourhood would throw me out with this install. 😂

Is it legal in all states? ... I mean if I travel to California, can this get me a ticket?

Just for others that look at this thread later, the Corsa muffler isn’t too loud at startup but does open up when you get on it.

Most Member Reactions

Back