Chevy Performance Exhaust

Nice, hopefully it’s not too low for you coming from the S type. Having had both sounds ,let us know your thoughts on it if you can.
Dealer installed the Touring muffler. sounds great....too me. its what it should have been from the start, one level up from stock. sound like music is subjective. if you are looking for a stock start up and a growl when you pass, touring muffler is perfect. zero drone at speed. thanks alot for all the help. great forum.

Dealer installed the Touring muffler. sounds great....too me. its what it should have been from the start, one level up from stock. sound like music is subjective. if you are looking for a stock start up and a growl when you pass, touring muffler is perfect. zero drone at speed. thanks alot for all the help. great forum.
Glad you finally got what you were after!

So did you end up using the stock exhaust system with just the touring muffler or was it still a complete system?

Glad you finally got what you were after!

So did you end up using the stock exhaust system with just the touring muffler or was it still a complete system?
its now the accessory system i purchased from the muffler back with a new front pipe and of course the new muffler. seemless fit. Borla did the right thing. it sounds exactly what i was looking for.

its now the accessory system i purchased from the muffler back with a new front pipe and of course the new muffler. seemless fit. Borla did the right thing. it sounds exactly what i was looking for.
Was there a part number associated with what you got?

Also interested in a muffler with resonators still attached. I don’t want to irritate the older neighbors but I still want to make the truck sound like it’s not an EV.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230503_155004_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230503_155004_Photos.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 86
no. im not sure of part numbers for the replacement parts. it came in a generic box. i will have to look. i misunderstood.
No worries. Wanted to be able to call them up and give a part number rather than describe the situation and maybe get the right replacement part.

I called Borla today. Spoke with Ryan about what I am trying to accomplish with the Touring system. According to him the touring muffler and front pipe should fit with a GM part number system. I know we have been told otherwise as well. The bigger issue is he said the cost to buy those two parts would be over $700. I willing be exploring other vendors muffler options to potentially have a custom muffler assembly installed.

Update. That was not the issue. Back to figuring out which damn piece of heat shielding is vibrating at low rpm.
Just reading through this thread - did you ever figure out the source of the vibration? I am having the same issue sporadically.

Just reading through this thread - did you ever figure out the source of the vibration? I am having the same issue sporadically.
I did. The back section was too close to the heat shield around the spare tire. Driver side was making contact at low vibrational speeds. Dropped the tire and easily bent the shield further away.

Was amazed that was it as it appeared to have just under an inch of clearance between the two.

Most Member Reactions

Back