Camera Don't Shut Off

I forgot to
As you can see from post #31 in this thread I have a newer kernel and build and I have the full camera functionality on the move, so it looks like it was in by kernel ab-204 and build Y169.3.2
Not sure how any of these updates work. However, I did most recent updates to infotainment system mid January. My 22 cameras don't stay on but they do on my 24.

Attachments

• 20240120_110304.jpg
    20240120_110304.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 11
I forgot to
Not sure how any of these updates work. However, I did most recent updates to infotainment system mid January. My 22 cameras don't stay on but they do on my 24.
If this is your 22 in the pic then this would lend a lot of credence to the fact that these systems are NOT the same except for software/firmware, it would point to the probability that the hardware has been changing, and improving in capability over time, so these older systems may in fact NOT be able to have the cameras on all the time or possibly load the ZR2 animations in the older radios.

Reactions: AXE
If this is your 22 in the pic then this would lend a lot of credence to the fact that these systems are NOT the same except for software/firmware, it would point to the probability that the hardware has been changing, and improving in capability over time, so these older systems may in fact NOT be able to have the cameras on all the time or possibly load the ZR2 animations in the older radios.
You may be right. However, I believe that they are all the same hardware. It would not be economically feasible for a manufacturer to make a hardware change, or several changes over such a short period of time. There is no ZR2 animation on the radios at all...only the gauge cluster area has the ZR2 animations.

Yeah it's mine. All three of mine have different versions and dates. All say they are "up to date". 22 ZR2 was in for some other work and it had the latest infotainment update from January 4th. Yet it shows kernel date well before that........so not sure All updates are synced to a common package of upgrades.

Interesting thing about all this is that if everything worked we wouldn't be having the discussion.......just fat, dumb, and happy!

Scheduled to take her in Friday for a software update. They said they needed a full day as it takes hours and is problematic. Almost second guessing myself. What if it makes it worse.
It does not take that long. Took 2 hours for mine for both the Camera Update and Radio update. Some of these service advisors are clueless!

Scheduled to take her in Friday for a software update. They said they needed a full day as it takes hours and is problematic. Almost second guessing myself. What if it makes it worse.
I do think it takes time to reload software. It's likely as good as the tech doing the work. Mine went fine, but my advisor and the one next to them flat out told me they've had units get bricked and had to install another one. I think that's pretty rare.

im dreading next dealer visit...last time 2 hours and zilch because tech did not hardwire.
I've got to the point where I just drop mine off in the afternoon and pick it up the next. Seems alot more predictable. I sometimes get a ride from my wife, but they'll get you in a Lyft ride for no charge.

The last Lyft ride I got back to the dealer was the worst taxi/ride share of my life. I told that old fucker he should turn in his keys before he kills someone. His response "I've only been in 4 accidents since I started driving in Arizona, drivers here are terrible". I said "you know what the common denominator is dont you"?

You may be right. However, I believe that they are all the same hardware. It would not be economically feasible for a manufacturer to make a hardware change, or several changes over such a short period of time. There is no ZR2 animation on the radios at all...only the gauge cluster area has the ZR2 animations.
Maybe, but I would bet that GM doesn't build the modules, and probably only specs them out, I know from 40 years in a electronic manufacturing company that designs do change as parts become unavailable or pricing changes, still I can't think of any other way that software would work so differently since AXE and I have the exact same kernel and build in our units, but maybe there is more to it that we don't know. When I said ZR2 animation, I simply meant that there seemed to be a difference in infotainment system startup screens over the years, and I also wonder what drives the DIC and gauges, I would think it is likely the infotainment that drives it all?

Just got the truck back from the dealer.

Radio is good so far, but will need more time with it to be sure. But previously the audio would always cut out in the first 5 minutes of driving.

Not seeing any change in the cameras, still not able to select certain views while moving. I suspect they did not do an update of it is indeed separate from the radio.

Biggest surprise is that I now have the Moonrock splash screen on the infotainment, so I am thrilled about that. I did not think it was possible to update that.

Just confirmed today that my 2024 doesn’t time out on the cameras. It was my first time towing and I really appreciated the top down view with the larger rear view on the big screen.

Whenever I’d engage the turn signal, it would switch to that side view and I could easily see my truck and trailer tires. As soon as the turn signal disengaged, it went back to my top/rear camera view. Awesome feature for towing!

IMG_0948.jpeg

Most Member Reactions

Back