Carrying EDC gear and tools in the box, what do you use?

CanZr2

Founding Member
Reaction score
What do you guys use in the box of your truck to carry EDC gear? I carry ratchet straps, some basic hand tools and supplies, and my air compressor . In the winter my tow ropes, snatch blocks and on long trips I throw my winch back there. I have my NCCO under the rear seat. I used to have a swing case in my old truck that housed most of it, but now I have everything in canvas bags just sitting back there since a swing case wont work because of the handle with the multi pro gate

Hello I carrier straps,tow ropes. I add a air compressor If im going offloading just in case I need to lower psi on tires.

Hand tools of all kinds, tow straps/rope/soft shackles, tire repair kit and compressor, tie downs, paracord, wire, d rings, tape measure, spare lug nuts, OBD scanner, guns and ammo, various other useful items.

I carry a decent amount of stuff all the time. To much to list really lol. But I have various tools in a roll up bag under the back seat. I also have mollie panels mounted in the bed with tool boxes and various other things like tow strap, floor jack ect. I have on board air so I carry a impact, and a few other air accessories. If you have a bed cover the mollie panels are nice for getting stuff up off the floor and organized.
20221228_121024.jpg

I carry a decent amount of stuff all the time. To much to list really lol. But I have various tools in a roll up bag under the back seat. I also have mollie panels mounted in the bed with tool boxes and various other things like tow strap, floor jack ect. I have on board air so I carry a impact, and a few other air accessories. If you have a bed cover the mollie panels are nice for getting stuff up off the floor and organized.
View attachment 7805
Curious about which mole panels you are using to mount stuff on. Also interested in the black tool box.

View attachment 7805
Yes im also interested in the tool box? What brand is is? Is it bolted to the fender well?

The panels in mine are from builtright industries. So are the Milwaukee pack out mounts. That black toolbox is actually just a random one off Amazon. BATONECO 16 Inch Aluminum Tool Box, Truck Bed Storage Underbody Tool Organizer with Top Handle,Lock and 2 Keys for Truck,Trailer,Pickup,RV,16"X7.5"X10",Black https://a.co/d/iDcOxd5
It is mounted to the mollie panel using some slide hinges. So the box tilts out for access, than can slide back out of the way. Works well and was pretty cheap to do.
20221114_114910.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The panels in mine are from builtright industries. So are the Milwaukee pack out mounts. That black toolbox is actually just a random one off Amazon. BATONECO 16 Inch Aluminum Tool Box, Truck Bed Storage Underbody Tool Organizer with Top Handle,Lock and 2 Keys for Truck,Trailer,Pickup,RV,16"X7.5"X10",Black https://a.co/d/iDcOxd5
It is mounted to the mollie panel using some slide hinges. So the box tilts out for access, than can slide back out of the way. Works well and was pretty cheap to do.View attachment 7831
Mount the toolbox opening the opposite way to make it easier to access when standing outside the truck?

Mount the toolbox opening the opposite way to make it easier to access when standing outside the truck?
You could I guess. The latch on the box might be harder to access. I can reach into the box from the outside. If I have to really dig around in it I just get in the bed or stand on my tire. Also with it mounted that way the bed of the truck holds lid so it doesn't flop all the way down. It woks well. Box was about 70. Hinges were like 10 bucks. I made the supports on the bottom that act as the pivot point. Here is a link for the hinges if anyone is interested in doing the same setup.
Bitray Lid Support 7 Inch Bronze Left and Right Hand Lid Support Adjustable Support with Screws (Left and Right Side) https://a.co/d/4pYjCiN

Most Member Reactions

Back