Chevy Performance Exhaust

I have the S type that came from Chevy installed already. I find that if I quickly put it into gear at start up the roar is much less. The same as waiting 20-25 seconds for the tone down. I do find that lane changes in traffic are much easier with the Borla since everyone is already looking and listening to you.:)

i spoke with Debbie from Borla this morning....very nice woman. she confirmed that the gm/borla exhaust has become a minor issue. she gets a few calls a month regarding the start up issue. there may be a front pipe replacement that addresses concern. she will reach out next week. im not gonna go back to the bland OEM system but gotta respect my neighbors.

i spoke with Debbie from Borla this morning....very nice woman. she confirmed that the gm/borla exhaust has become a minor issue. she gets a few calls a month regarding the start up issue. there may be a front pipe replacement that addresses concern. she will reach out next week. im not gonna go back to the bland OEM system but gotta respect my neighbors.
Great news they are working on a solution.

Once warm and when driving the exhaust is not a problem. Those cold starts wake the dead.

Great news they are working on a solution.

Once warm and when driving the exhaust is not a problem. Those cold starts wake the dead.
This is the exact reason I’ve drug my feet with the exhaust game. Anything over a touring system is a shotgun blast at start up and having a newborn soon myself along with living in a townhome, It’s just not acceptable.

Waiting to see what Corsa brings. Worst case a slip fit or weld on packed resonator may have to be added to make it realistic to drive everyday.

Having some sort of valve system would be ideal if designed correctly.

This is the exact reason I’ve drug my feet with the exhaust game. Anything over a touring system is a shotgun blast at start up and having a newborn soon myself along with living in a townhome, It’s just not acceptable.

Waiting to see what Corsa brings. Worst case a slip fit or weld on packed resonator may have to be added to make it realistic to drive everyday.

Having some sort of valve system would be ideal if designed correctly.
Borla took my concern seriously imo. im hoping for a response by mid week. gotta believe they want this fixed. there is the touring muffler swap and new front pipe option but there would be little diff between stock exhaust.

Borla took my concern seriously imo. im hoping for a response by mid week. gotta believe they want this fixed. there is the touring muffler swap and new front pipe option but there would be little diff between stock exhaust.
Update the thread with any new information. Maybe they will realize a system between Touring and S-Type is a huge market.

Update the thread with any new information. Maybe they will realize a system between Touring and S-Type is a huge market.
great thought...im really hoping a newly designed front pipe is the answer. i would hate to get rid of what i got now. we will see..crossed fingers.

I personally think audio in the exhaust video clips rarely sound the same in person. I think your better finding someone near you with the exhaust you want.

I personally think audio in the exhaust video clips rarely sound the same in person. I think your better finding someone near you with the exhaust you want.
I’m going to follow this thread as I figure I’m close to having a torches and pitch forks party from my neighbors over that start up roar. I’m down to sitting in the truck prepped to throw it in gear as soon as it starts right now but would love a fix by next winter.

Regarding audio clips of it. There is no way you can get a clue of how loud it is without hearing it in person. My dealer will not park my truck or any others with the exhaust in the service pickup location as it is under cover and makes it even worse. lol

great thought...im really hoping a newly designed front pipe is the answer. i would hate to get rid of what i got now. we will see..crossed fingers.
I’m hoping they get a fix. I really hate to yeet that much money into something and feel like a total ahole for having it.

In reference to the topic, it seems Magnaflow is on to something with the front pipe section. Looks to be a built in resonator system.

They claim “moderate” exterior volume and “mild” interior volume. Judging by the half completed page, it’s damn close to launch. Even has installation instructions with a ZR2.

Attached is the “cut in” option to retain the factory tailpipes. But you can see the design of the front section more clearly.

3E7067EA-78BF-4690-8525-A5D9470020FE.jpeg

Interesting.

Last edited:
In reference to the topic, it seems Magnaflow is on to something with the front pipe section. Looks to be a built in resonator system.

They claim “moderate” exterior volume and “mild” interior volume. Judging by the half completed page, it’s damn close to launch. Even has installation instructions with a ZR2.

Attached is the “cut in” option to retain the factory tailpipes. But you can see the design of the front section more clearly.

View attachment 4200

Interesting.
i like it. im hoping Borla comes thru with something.

View attachment 4200

Interesting.
There are 10 different configurations offered if you click on the link.

The more I read on resonators, the more I am concerned about the effectiveness. Borla states a 1-2 decibel reduction with a resonator. Not sure dropping from 120 to 118 will do much at start up.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back