Chevy Performance Exhaust

Attachments

• 20230412_162423.jpg
    20230412_162423.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20230412_163013.jpg
    20230412_163013.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 77
im having local shop install it rather than dealer. if this doesnt solve the issue of cold start m80 blast, he has a few other things up his sleeve.
I am also curious if it will change the overall sound of the exhaust.

yup...i love the way its sounds apart from startup. zero drone and beastly when you go to pass.
yup...i love the way its sounds apart from startup. zero drone and beastly when you go to pass.
You can always offset the new pipe section by removing the “S type” resonator. I have a feeling that the issue lies pre muffler not post.

It’s also note worthy that the deletion of the “3rd” Cat from the K2 to the T1 has developed the explosive startup.

It seems the solution is almost identical to plumbing “hammer arresters” having the cushion of air softens the blow. Air acts just like a fluid.

You can always offset the new pipe section by removing the “S type” resonator. I have a feeling that the issue lies pre muffler not post.

It’s also note worthy that the deletion of the “3rd” Cat from the K2 to the T1 has developed the explosive startup.

It seems the solution is almost identical to plumbing “hammer arresters” having the cushion of air softens the blow. Air acts just like a fluid.
not even close. back to the drawing board. i am actually speechless its so far off.

Attachments

• 20230413_082733.jpg
    20230413_082733.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230413_082741.jpg
    20230413_082741.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230413_082654.jpg
    20230413_082654.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230413_082554.jpg
    20230413_082554.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 73
not even close. back to the drawing board. i am actually speechless its so far off.
What in the hell!? Did they mock it up in a coloring book? I don’t even think you could trim to fit. The rest of the exhaust is 3.5” correct?

What in the hell!? Did they mock it up in a coloring book? I don’t even think you could trim to fit. The rest of the exhaust is 3.5” correct?
issue 1- sent 3 inch new pipe. exhisting system is 3.5 inches.
issue 2- new pipe is straight where old pipe has multiple bends. bad angle.
issue 3- new pipe res is mount too far aft. even if you trimmed it would hit muffler. also minor issue of hanger wrong position. i was told the new pipe was plug and play to maintain consistency with system. NO WELDING. im bummed to say disappointed.

I would like to jn
issue 1- sent 3 inch new pipe. exhisting system is 3.5 inches.
issue 2- new pipe is straight where old pipe has multiple bends. bad angle.
issue 3- new pipe res is mount too far aft. even if you trimmed it would hit muffler. also minor issue of hanger wrong position. i was told the new pipe was plug and play to maintain consistency with system. NO WELDING. im bummed to say disappointed
Definitely not minor issues. Curious as to what vehicle if any they used to mock the pipe up on.

Sorry for the headache but keep us updated on the fix.

I would like to jn

Definitely not minor issues. Curious as to what vehicle if any they used to mock the pipe up on.

Sorry for the headache but keep us updated on the fix.
thanks bro. i spoke with Lisa Starnes at borla and sent her my install invoice and pics posted here. my preferred fix is to remove the borla muffler/res combo S type and replace with a measured single muffler set up. gotta be a muffler out their with good sound that would fit.

Reactions: AXE
thanks bro. i spoke with Lisa Starnes at borla and sent her my install invoice and pics posted here. my preferred fix is to remove the borla muffler/res combo S type and replace with a measured single muffler set up. gotta be a muffler out their with good sound that would fit.
I have looked into the same “fix”. A replacement muffler that is baffled. The issue I have ran into is not many companies make a 3.5” inlet/outlet with baffles in the appropriate length. Even with the Borla touring muffler a new front pipe is required.

I have looked into the same “fix”. A replacement muffler that is baffled. The issue I have ran into is not many companies make a 3.5” inlet/outlet with baffles in the appropriate length. Even with the Borla touring muffler a new front pipe is required.
i was told that borla retail systems do not interchange with OEM systems branded with manufacturer part numbers. ie; borla gm # 19433388.

i was told that borla retail systems do not interchange with OEM systems branded with manufacturer part numbers. ie; borla gm # 19433388.
So, if you order the S-type from Borla you get a different exhaust system than the GM/Borla system? When I ordered it came in a Borla box with one little GM sticker on the outside. The exhaust system itself has no branding other than Borla stamped on it.

So, if you order the S-type from Borla you get a different exhaust system than the GM/Borla system? When I ordered it came in a Borla box with one little GM sticker on the outside. The exhaust system itself has no branding other than Borla stamped on it.
thats what i was told by 2 people. if you call for a retail system for our trucks, its not the same system. Lisa Starnes on the OEM side confirmed this. my fix was to replace S type with a touring muffler..was informed its not compatible. could be a marketing ploy. im also calling my dealer to see if they kept welded stick system. already too much drama for me.

thats what i was told by 2 people. if you call for a retail system for our trucks, its not the same system. Lisa Starnes on the OEM side confirmed this. my fix was to replace S type with a touring muffler..was informed its not compatible. could be a marketing ploy. im also calling my dealer to see if they kept welded stick system. already too much drama for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230413_111731_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230413_111731_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 41
Magna flow!

The lack of support from Borla for “OE” equipment is concerning.

Also, looking at the install instructions (which are what I received inside my Borla box) I see no difference between S-type part number 140914 and the “GM” version I purchased.

Magna flow!

The lack of support from Borla for “OE” equipment is concerning.

Also, looking at the install instructions (which are what I received inside my Borla box) I see no difference between S-type part number 140914 and the “GM” version I purchased.
i totally agree. i have spoken with both sides at borla and imo there is definite discontent between retail and OE. that said, im at their mercy. i was told wrong info from the get go about what was purchasing. you can only do so much due diligence. my gut tells me they have no clue and are making this up as they go along all while saying they are aware of issue. over $2300 in at this point...not good.

i totally agree. i have spoken with both sides at borla and imo there is definite discontent between retail and OE. that said, im at their mercy. i was told wrong info from the get go about what was purchasing. you can only do so much due diligence. my gut tells me they have no clue and are making this up as they go along all while saying they are aware of issue. over $2300 in at this point...not good.
Total bullshit.......they are in the performance exhaust business, but forgot how to perform. I mean how hard is this shit?

People expect a quality sound and increased performance when dropping that kind of cash.

If you just want a loud ass obnoxious exhaust, you can just knock it off after the cat or run glass packs. It only costs $100.

Most Member Reactions

Back