Cluster Graphics Update

Mikkeee

Reaction score
I've been watching a bunch of posts both here and facebook about having the dealer perform the graphics update with some good and others with terrible results. I have a 2023 (but a late 2022 build) and mine did not have the ZR2 animation or the ZR2 truck on the cluster. Today my truck displayed a message stating that it needed to perform an update and the truck would not be usable for 15 minutes. I let it happen and I now see both the ZR2 animation and ZR2 truck on the console.

I've been watching a bunch of posts both here and facebook about having the dealer perform the graphics update with some good and others with terrible results. I have a 2023 (but a late 2022 build) and mine did not have the ZR2 animation or the ZR2 truck on the cluster. Today my truck displayed a message stating that it needed to perform an update and the truck would not be usable for 15 minutes. I let it happen and I now see both the ZR2 animation and ZR2 truck on the console.
Sweet, no need to go in when you can do it OTA.

Hopefully its not just a '23 model year update. If anyone gets this update on a '22 please let us know.

tried to update mine on Tuesday. But it stopped after a couple minutes, now the check for updates line is grayed out. Looks like I will have to go to dealer to update instead of OTA

Definitely saves time. @Mikkeee -- are you happy with the results after the update?
Yea. I definitely like the ZR2 loading up vs Chevrolet. I didn't notice any other changes other than the graphics. The update only listed improvements to Automatic Lane Change to Super Cruise and a variety of software improvements.

tried to update mine on Tuesday. But it stopped after a couple minutes, now the check for updates line is grayed out. Looks like I will have to go to dealer to update instead of OTA
Mine did the same...I am having them look at it when it goes in for the oil change next week.

My truck came with the correct animation in the right pod. It was novel at first but I switched it to more gauges for useful information. I'm one of those Geeks that loves all the information I can see. I guess from working on Aircraft years ago, LOL.

My truck came with the correct animation in the right pod. It was novel at first but I switched it to more gauges for useful information. I'm one of those Geeks that loves all the information I can see. I guess from working on Aircraft years ago, LOL.
Same here! I think the truck picture provides no useful information.

So that's 4 reports of the OTA update failing and being unable to restart.

Reactions: AXE
Mine updated yesterday. I connected to my home WiFi before initiating the download. AT&T isn’t the strongest signal in my neck of the woods. All went smoothly, but no cluster update 😢 Guessing that’s going to be a 23 model year thing. I don’t care for the cluster animation because it doesn’t flow onto the infotainment system screen. But it would be nice to have the right truck display on the screen. Oh well, not going to lose any sleep over it.

Mine updated yesterday. I connected to my home WiFi before initiating the download. AT&T isn’t the strongest signal in my neck of the woods. All went smoothly, but no cluster update 😢 Guessing that’s going to be a 23 model year thing. I don’t care for the cluster animation because it doesn’t flow onto the infotainment system screen. But it would be nice to have the right truck display on the screen. Oh well, not going to lose any sleep over it.
agreed

OK...so get this. As I stated above, I my radio said I had an update available. When I got home I tried to update and got the message to make sure I am in Park and try again. I took her out of park and then back in. Still the same message. Figured that I'd let her sit overnight and try it again. Same thing several days in a row. This morning, after Church, I saw that that message was gone and it allowed me to check for an update. It then told me I am up to date and showed me the same info I recall seeing before. If there was an "update", either it did it on its own or it was a phantom message as the display showed that my last update was from last year :unsure:

Same. After a few days I got the option to do the updates OTA again. Went through the process that appeared to update. The next day got the recall message and I need to schedule service. Guess I will take it in and let them do it. Having intermittent issues with a front blinker anyway and want to talk to them about my hood scoop painting

OK...so get this. As I stated above, I my radio said I had an update available. When I got home I tried to update and got the message to make sure I am in Park and try again. I took her out of park and then back in. Still the same message. Figured that I'd let her sit overnight and try it again. Same thing several days in a row. This morning, after Church, I saw that that message was gone and it allowed me to check for an update. It then told me I am up to date and showed me the same info I recall seeing before. If there was an "update", either it did it on its own or it was a phantom message as the display showed that my last update was from last year :unsure:
Jesus got 'er done!

Same. After a few days I got the option to do the updates OTA again. Went through the process that appeared to update. The next day got the recall message and I need to schedule service. Guess I will take it in and let them do it. Having intermittent issues with a front blinker anyway and want to talk to them about my hood scoop painting
i just noticed i have paint peeling from hood scoop. good luck with blinker issue.

Updated mine a week ago and it bricked the electronic shifter. Left me stranded and had to get it towed to the dealer. Next time I’ll be sure I’m in the dealer parking lot before I start the update. And no, I did not get an updated welcome screen.

Attachments

• 44FBA01C-BF1F-4694-9DA7-A86AE93A7D32.jpeg
    44FBA01C-BF1F-4694-9DA7-A86AE93A7D32.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 64
  • C0DA81AF-B5BC-4739-B2F3-026833A1C5DD.jpeg
    C0DA81AF-B5BC-4739-B2F3-026833A1C5DD.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 64

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back