ZR2 Dash Cluster Animation Update

As the old saying goes, you can't fix stupid!

Unfortunately you will just have to search around until you find a dealership where you can take the bulletin number and explain it to them.
I would suggest calling the dealership and speaking to a service rep ahead of time and explaining to them that your truck does not show the proper DIC...I.E. Tahoe or high country or whatever. As long as it does not show a Silverado ZR2.
That way the dealership has an obligation to make sure that the programming is proper.
I was told by the service tech at the dealer that fixed mine that if it shows a Tahoe .....your truck is programmed to ride like a Tahoe..... or if it shows a high country your truck is programmed to ride like a high country..... along with many other programming intricacies. As I said, I was in and out in less than an hour at the proper dealership. I called the ahead and spoke with a competent dealer service person and then when I brought my truck in, I showed him the bulletin that I printed off from this form and he searched the system and found it immediately and took the truck back and reprogrammed it and called me from the waiting area to pick it up.

I feel you're frustration, because the first dealership I went to gave me all kinds of nonsense and told me they had no idea and had to get clearance from GM to unlock my programming and some other B.S. and then the service rep even snapped at me when I showed him The official printed bulletin (that for some reason he was too incompetent to find in his system) and told me to let him do his F-ing job.
I told him I was not His child and he had no right to talk to anyone like that and took my truck and left and searched around and found the right dealer competent enough to fix the issue properly and in a timely manner and without cost to you! As my dad always said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Just don't give up trying to get it fixed properly and don't give up searching for a competent dealership
Thanks for the advise, any chance you have that bulletin number or the paperwork shown handy? I tried to search for it but I am batting 0 for .....

Thanks for the advise, any chance you have that bulletin number or the paperwork shown handy? I tried to search for it but I am batting 0 for .....
This is the one I gave them that I found on another thread. Mine turned to a Tahoe after an OTA update and this worked for me. It’s a little older now but might be worth a shot.

Attachments

• IMG_3257.jpeg
    IMG_3257.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 21
This is the one I gave them that I found on another thread. Mine turned to a Tahoe after an OTA update and this worked for me. It’s a little older now but might be worth a shot.
Thanks, but I am not able to open the image. is it possible you can send again or in a private message?

Thanks, but I am not able to open the image. is it possible you can send again or in a private message?
Here’s the thread it’s from. Let me know if this still won’t open.

Here’s the thread it’s from. Let me know if this still won’t open.

It Worked!! Thank you for your help, very much appreciated. Now lets go find the dealer and tech that can do it.

Most Member Reactions

Back