ZR2 Dash Cluster Animation Update

kjaskew

Reaction score
Has anyone had success with your dealership in updating the dash and infotainment screen with the ZR2 animations? I saw a video on YouTube where someone got this update from his dealership after having issues with the cluster showing a Tahoe vs a truck. I called my local dealership and they had no idea what I was talking about.
Below is the YouTube link. It’s a long video but if you go to the end you can see the graphics.

Thanks all

Has anyone had success with your dealership in updating the dash and infotainment screen with the ZR2 animations? I saw a video on YouTube where someone got this update from his dealership after having issues with the cluster showing a Tahoe vs a truck. I called my local dealership and they had no idea what I was talking about.
Below is the YouTube link. It’s a long video but if you go to the end you can see the graphics.

Thanks all
my dealer had same response until i showed them info from forum. i waited 2 hrs for an update that didnt take. some dealers are charging now for updates. good luck

Had mine done and it works flawless. Only took my dealer a out 45 minutes and I was back in the road . @8ball_99 has all the info on this..... Search for it and you will find the post. Show the bulletin # to your dealership and they should get you squared away if yours does not display a ZR2.... (Like a Tahoe or other as mine once did)

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_162921202_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230509_162921202_HDR.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 45
Had mine done and it works flawless. Only took my dealer a out 45 minutes and I was back in the road . @8ball_99 has all the info on this..... Search for it and you will find the post. Show the bulletin # to your dealership and they should get you squared away if yours does not display a ZR2.... (Like a Tahoe or other as mine once did)
DIC PIC

I'm the one that started that DIC PICS thread! LOL...
I thought my inbox would be full of offers but thankfully not!

BTW Securityguy, just ordered the LockerDown safe this morning!
You are going to love that safe...there is nothing better or more secure on the market. Thing is built like a tank!!! Did you get the digital lock too?

Good afternoon, so I went to my local dealer for routine maintenance and asked them to update to the ZR2 animation. The guy looked at me like I had 10 heads. I guess I have to start calling around to different dealers to see who has done this. If anyone in the NYC area has had a good experience with this or a specific dealer please let me know. If frustrating see it on here and showing them the thread and they flat out tell me we know nothing about it and there is nothing they can do.

I appreciate any help here to make this happen. Willing to travel outside the boros if needed.

Good afternoon, so I went to my local dealer for routine maintenance and asked them to update to the ZR2 animation. The guy looked at me like I had 10 heads. I guess I have to start calling around to different dealers to see who has done this. If anyone in the NYC area has had a good experience with this or a specific dealer please let me know. If frustrating see it on here and showing them the thread and they flat out tell me we know nothing about it and there is nothing they can do.

I appreciate any help here to make this happen. Willing to travel outside the boros if needed.
i attempted at my selling dealer outside of philly to no avail. wasted 2 plus hours. i tried at my local dealer here on SI and was told no can do. prob gonna have to call around and be prepared to pay hourly rate. good luck.

i attempted at my selling dealer outside of philly to no avail. wasted 2 plus hours. i tried at my local dealer here on SI and was told no can do. prob gonna have to call around and be prepared to pay hourly rate. good luck.
This should all be classified as a WARRANTY issue IMPO.

As the old saying goes, you can't fix stupid!

Unfortunately you will just have to search around until you find a dealership where you can take the bulletin number and explain it to them.
I would suggest calling the dealership and speaking to a service rep ahead of time and explaining to them that your truck does not show the proper DIC...I.E. Tahoe or high country or whatever. As long as it does not show a Silverado ZR2.
That way the dealership has an obligation to make sure that the programming is proper.
I was told by the service tech at the dealer that fixed mine that if it shows a Tahoe .....your truck is programmed to ride like a Tahoe..... or if it shows a high country your truck is programmed to ride like a high country..... along with many other programming intricacies. As I said, I was in and out in less than an hour at the proper dealership. I called the ahead and spoke with a competent dealer service person and then when I brought my truck in, I showed him the bulletin that I printed off from this form and he searched the system and found it immediately and took the truck back and reprogrammed it and called me from the waiting area to pick it up.

I feel you're frustration, because the first dealership I went to gave me all kinds of nonsense and told me they had no idea and had to get clearance from GM to unlock my programming and some other B.S. and then the service rep even snapped at me when I showed him The official printed bulletin (that for some reason he was too incompetent to find in his system) and told me to let him do his F-ing job.
I told him I was not His child and he had no right to talk to anyone like that and took my truck and left and searched around and found the right dealer competent enough to fix the issue properly and in a timely manner and without cost to you! As my dad always said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Just don't give up trying to get it fixed properly and don't give up searching for a competent dealership

As the old saying goes, you can't fix stupid!

Unfortunately you will just have to search around until you find a dealership where you can take the bulletin number and explain it to them.
I would suggest calling the dealership and speaking to a service rep ahead of time and explaining to them that your truck does not show the proper DIC...I.E. Tahoe or high country or whatever. As long as it does not show a Silverado ZR2.
That way the dealership has an obligation to make sure that the programming is proper.
I was told by the service tech at the dealer that fixed mine that if it shows a Tahoe .....your truck is programmed to ride like a Tahoe..... or if it shows a high country your truck is programmed to ride like a high country..... along with many other programming intricacies. As I said, I was in and out in less than an hour at the proper dealership. I called the ahead and spoke with a competent dealer service person and then when I brought my truck in, I showed him the bulletin that I printed off from this form and he searched the system and found it immediately and took the truck back and reprogrammed it and called me from the waiting area to pick it up.

I feel you're frustration, because the first dealership I went to gave me all kinds of nonsense and told me they had no idea and had to get clearance from GM to unlock my programming and some other B.S. and then the service rep even snapped at me when I showed him The official printed bulletin (that for some reason he was too incompetent to find in his system) and told me to let him do his F-ing job.
I told him I was not His child and he had no right to talk to anyone like that and took my truck and left and searched around and found the right dealer competent enough to fix the issue properly and in a timely manner and without cost to you! As my dad always said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Just don't give up trying to get it fixed properly and don't give up searching for a competent dealership
I would have told him that if he could do is f-ing job, we wouldn't be having this conversation ;)

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back