First oil change

The lifter issue is real in the 6.2 trucks. Know of 2 people who have had to have engine work done because of it. Neither instance did GM help out any because of the age of the trucks one was 9 years old the other 10.
that is unacceptable imo! GM is getting off scott free. FU MARY BARRA.

My dealership offered me a complimentary first oil change so I will take advantage of that. After reading the posts, sounds like I should take it in somewhere between 1500-3000 miles. By the way, what type of oil does this truck take? Full synthetic? After my first change I plan on taking it to my mechanic for the rest of the oil changes.

My dealership offered me a complimentary first oil change so I will take advantage of that. After reading the posts, sounds like I should take it in somewhere between 1500-3000 miles. By the way, what type of oil does this truck take? Full synthetic? After my first change I plan on taking it to my mechanic for the rest of the oil changes.
OW-20

Gm does have lifter problems and has for some time. if Range gets a chip out that will help some. using a higher quality oil may help too and that's why I'm running a higher zinc oil.

if I keep mine past the warranty I'll probably put standard rollers in and be done with the potential problem.

Gm does have lifter problems and has for some time. if Range gets a chip out that will help some. using a higher quality oil may help too and that's why I'm running a higher zinc oil.

if I keep mine past the warranty I'll probably put standard rollers in and be done with the potential problem.
👍👍

Most Member Reactions

Back