First Service

I've got a buddy it off-road warehouse keeping an eye out for me. He told me as soon as one pops up on the market he'll let me know. It's pretty typical though for first year design changes to take a few years to catch up to the rest of the market.

Do you put any additives in the oil or use seafoam in the crankcase before you change the oil?
No, modern synhetic oils have really good detergent packages and if you change them frequently you won't get much sludge or buildup.

I do like Seafoam for gas motors adding it to fuel tank. I've cleaned up a lot of poor running motors with it. Especially good if your letting fuel sit for long periods.

Last edited:
No, modern synhetic oils have really good detergent packages and if you change them frequently you won't get much sludge or buildup.

I do like Seafoam for gas motors adding it to fuel tank. I've cleaned up a lot of poor running motors with it. Especially good if your letting fuel sit for long periods.
I've used the seafoam in both gas and oil. But when I've used it in the oil it's only been right before an oil change for a hundred miles or so. Really helps clean out the sludge!

Reactions: AXE

Seafoam did wonders for my last truck. Restored it to full power by adding to crank case, fuel tank and using it to clean throttle body.

Reporting on my first service here!

1) They were so unprofessional! Had to wait over 40mins to drop my car in!
2) I had couple of things / issues that needed a look (I need your opinion on those please)
- Squeaking noise at "Auto Start" & when slowing down "almost stopping the car at a traffic light or a hump
- Audio lag, whenever I play anything through my phone. Whatspp voice notes, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat..etc
- Rubbing noise when I reverse and turn the wheel, not "fully", and yet I hear that weird noise, and its only if I turn to the right side while reversing
- Noise in the back, when I go over a hump, feels like something is way loose in the rear of the truck. Like the whole suspension is not fitted properly.

As mentioned before, the car barely is on 8000Kms. Not quite sure if those are common problems or not. Any advice here would be great, on what to do next. I have revisited the dealer yesterday, and left the truck for further investigations.

Last edited:
Can't speak to the squeaking noise. Never had the issue.
Rubbing could possibly be the wheel well liners/noise suppression liners. They scrub on mine at the very bottom when they pop out from behind the edge trim. As far as the audio lag, could be a bad Radio/infotainment center. Mine had to be replaced after it froze and stopped working around 14,500 miles.
I have a 22.... not sure what year you have? Also keep in mind these trucks still have leaf springs in the rear, which can make them feel bouncy and loose in certain driving conditions.
As far as the wait time at dealership
......call ahead for appointment or choose a different dealership. I've been to a bad dealer before and never went back!
Now at my dealership of choice, I drive up and hand the service rep the keys and wait in the lounge until they call me, which has always been sooner than expected. I've got a good dealership/service dept now.

Getting an oil change done in an hour doesn't sound too bad. I've heard dealers taking 1-2 weeks to schedule an oil change by appointment.

No fix for the radio issues yet, but supposedly there is a fix getting close.

That rubbing noise is your tire rubbing on fender liner or plastic molding in rear of wheel well. It does it in reverse as the front of the vehicle will often squat or lean do to shift in weight or perhaps dips in travel surface.

There are some posts about noises from rear end of you do a search you should get some info.

I saw that a little while back...CRAZY someone would let it get to that pointo_O I really like him and wish he was my mechanic!
Yeah, he's definitely a smart guy. Fun to watch those videos.

I can't even imagine how that motor started before it finally didn't. There are alot of people that neglect maintenence purposely or ignorantly.

My Dad told me one of the richest farmers in town would buy a new vehicle every 2 to 3 years and never change oil. My neighbor said his Dad did the same. Probably happens a lot, especially with leases.

Most Member Reactions

Back