GM Kicker Sub

Okie.ZR2

Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone have this? I want one really bad but then I remember I’m over 35 so maybe I don’t need it lol.

Attachments

• 65D63BF5-A06E-4A1A-878B-9B0572AE528D.jpeg
    65D63BF5-A06E-4A1A-878B-9B0572AE528D.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 4,297
I am planning to have it installed but still a few weeks out

Would also love to know. I’ve heard the stereo isn’t that great — I don’t remember being that bad after testing the truck for a week. Mostly listen to the Dead.

So after watching some YT videos of guys putting this in other 19-21, they say it’s not all that noticeable and not really worth the money…

It’s definitely on my list of mods. The factory 6” is midrange at best and fits the audiophile phase no highs no lows must be Bose.

The GM Bose system is decent but it is the bottom of the market in terms of audio performance.

It will “fill in” the low range and that’s what these systems lack. Anything more you need to go custom and sacrifices will be made.

Anyone who thinks a low travel “200 watt” subwoofer is going to be life changing is setting themselves up for disappointment. It will complement the system very well however and that makes all the difference to the listener

Last edited:
Do you know if there is a way to adjust the sub level on this? (other than the standard equalizer for the stereo). Wasn't sure if there was a way to adjust on the sub/amp itself. Thanks
Someone on in one of the ZR2 Facebook groups reported that the Kicker Bass Controller works.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The default stereo is dogshit. It’s tinny and raspy. Bass is way too loud, coming from shit speakers that cannot handle the bass to begin with. If the Kicker is any better, please be honest

The default stereo is dogshit. It’s tinny and raspy. Bass is way too loud, coming from shit speakers that cannot handle the bass to begin with. If the Kicker is any better, please be honest
If paper cone OEM speakers are the benchmark, yes.

The Little Kicker that could is enough to distort the sensor in the rear camera mirror and enough to feel the hair on your head move. (In certain frequency ranges) but for a 200w sealed 10” it pulls its weight.

Last edited:
Just a FYI for anyone with this sub. If you remove the amp by taking out the 4 screws. On the back side of the amp there is a rubber plug. There are 6 DIP switches under it. 1,2 and 3 are gain controls. It comes with 1 up 2 and 3 are down. If you turn all three up it makes a world of difference. You should also add Kicker knob part number 46CXARCT. You can get it on Amazon, eBay, ect. They are about 40 bucks. There is a rubber plug beside the wire harness that covers a 2.5mm jack. The knob plugs in there. If you don't add the knob, but turn the gain up you might not want all three up. Could be a little to much for some songs. I mounted my knob in the center console.

This came up in another thread, but figured I'd post it here cause of the thread title.
20221004_152657.jpg

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back