GM Kicker Sub

Installed the GM kicker sub tonight and it definitely added to the factory setup. Added the kicker control knob and feel that its plenty of bass for me. Overall happy with the purchase.
Is the install just plug in a conmector and set it in place? Wonderimg how easy it would be to put in and take out? I have 2 Mastiffs that go with me often and I would want to remove it when they are back there with the back seat bottom folded up.

I had the dealer put one in last week and I definitely think it is worth it. I'm 54 so I needed it! It does a great job of adding exactly what the stereo was missing.
Mind disclosing the final price?

Is the install just plug in a conmector and set it in place? Wonderimg how easy it would be to put in and take out? I have 2 Mastiffs that go with me often and I would want to remove it when they are back there with the back seat bottom folded up.
Its attached to the seat bracket with one bolt and another bolt holds the centre as well as plug connectors. It really doesn't take up any more space than the factory storage piece.

Tempted to order this as the BOSE system is pretty lackluster. Looks pretty easy to install, I'm guessing running the wires up to the battery is the most time consuming part?

Tempted to order this as the BOSE system is pretty lackluster. Looks pretty easy to install, I'm guessing running the wires up to the battery is the most time consuming part?
It’s actually fairly easy. You just cut a slot in a rubber grommet, feed the wires through the firewall and along the passage side cable run. Hook it up and enjoy the bass.

It’s actually fairly easy. You just cut a slot in a rubber grommet, feed the wires through the firewall and along the passage side cable run. Hook it up and enjoy the bass.
Okay cool. I just ordered one from shopchevyparts.com, it’s back ordered till 2/28 but they have 20% off right now!

If you’re talking about the covered lockable storage that costs $$ as an option, then yes, one or the other. I had the stock storage area. After I installed the subwoofer I cut the storage piece to fit. The subwoofer does allow for some storage, just not lockable.
View attachment 1485
Thanks for the update that's what I was afraid of.

Okay cool. I just ordered one from shopchevyparts.com, it’s back ordered till 2/28 but they have 20% off right now!
I was on the site the other day to purchase the kicker and saw the 20% discount code. It’s not showing today. Would you mind sharing the promo code you used?

Most Member Reactions

Back