Hi there - Hard Shifting?

As a newbie, what is L9?
Manual mode gear of 10. Pull the shift lever back from D to L. Then use the paddle shifters on the steering column to run through the gears

Have you gotten your free first oil change yet? At 3k it’s time to change that initial oil and that would be good time to bring up hard shifting if you want to get it documented. I would put money on them saying it’s fine but it’s always good to have a paper trail if it ever has a problem later on.
No I have not. So I went today to pick up my plates and of course it shifted wonderfully in front of them.

No documented experience at all.

I will drive it for a bit more and when it comes time for the oil change, I will have them look at it again.

No I have not. So I went today to pick up my plates and of course it shifted wonderfully in front of them.

No documented experience at all.

I will drive it for a bit more and when it comes time for the oil change, I will have them look at it again.
drive it like you stole it!!!!

Since I failed to show my truck in the intro thread... I am making up for lost time.

I have done the following upgrades/adds...

Blacked out badging
Wrapped the Flowtie (Obviously I despise chrome)
Put on my Diamondback HD cover
Changed pout the horrible reverse lights and LP lights
Added an Ultimate 9
Bulletpoint Rubigrid with Tablet and Phone holder
Tinted the Windows

I think I did more and forgot. but lots more planned anyway.

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 28
  • FRONT.jpg
    FRONT.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 29
  • SIDE.jpg
    SIDE.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 30
Since I failed to show my truck in the intro thread... I am making up for lost time.

I have done the following upgrades/adds...

Blacked out badging
Wrapped the Flowtie (Obviously I despise chrome)
Put on my Diamondback HD cover
Changed pout the horrible reverse lights and LP lights
Added an Ultimate 9
Bulletpoint Rubigrid with Tablet and Phone holder
Tinted the Windows

I think I did more and forgot. but lots more planned anyway.
looks good.....are you leaving recovery hooks red? im thinkin i want mine black.

Most people do that so the motor doesn't drop to four cylinders when the Dynamic Fuel Managemnt (DFM) kicks in to save fuel when cruising under low RPMs. The DFM thereoreticlly causes uneven wear on the cam and shortens life over the long haul. It's a real thing, Most peole won't run these vehicles long enough when the DFM kicks in to ever find out.

Is there something special about gear 9 and tow/haul mode?
I run in TOW/HAUL 100% of the time and have for quite a while. May not actually make any real difference on lifter life, as the L9 most likely doesn't either, but I like the way it drives in T/H better too. My mpg has not changed based on driving it this way. If I can only find a way to get it to default to T/H without having to hit the button every time :unsure:

Most people do that so the motor doesn't drop to four cylinders when the Dynamic Fuel Managemnt (DFM) kicks in to save fuel when cruising under low RPMs. The DFM thereoreticlly causes uneven wear on the cam and shortens life over the long haul. It's a real thing, Most peole won't run these vehicles long enough when the DFM kicks in to ever find out.
DFM SUCKS. DFM IS FOR FANCY LADS. DFM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RISE IN CRIME. DFM WAS INVENTED AT AREA 51. DFM CAUSES COVID.

I definitely see different shifts points with each U9 selection. However, this was doing this before the U9. I will go out this morning and check the Tow/Haul with L9 and report back.

I thought I saw some complaints about shifting here but never found a cause or further concern.
Don't want to sound to naive but how do you get the "U" in manual I only see "L"
🤣😂

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back