Hyperdip is a Glorious product!!

Wildturkey707

Reaction score
So I am in the middle of Hyperdipping my 4 ZR2 badges and the Black bowtie in the rear. I removed the Chrome Silverado and the Chrome 6.2L on the hood completely.

I was wondering if anyone has taken off the "Flowtie" on the front or know how it is removed? I would like to get rid of he chrome around that as well but keep the red insert would be much easier I think without it on the truck.

Here are the pics of the first drivers fender badge start to finish.

Attachments

• Hyperdip 1.jpg
    Hyperdip 1.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Hyperdip 2.jpg
    Hyperdip 2.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Hyperdip 3.jpg
    Hyperdip 3.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 92
  • Hyperdip 4.jpg
    Hyperdip 4.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Hyperdip 5.jpg
    Hyperdip 5.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Hyperdip 6.jpg
    Hyperdip 6.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 104
The flowtie can be removed with some careful prying. The red and chrome come off together but can then be separated. Here are a couple posts that I found helpful when I went to remove mine:

The flowtie can be removed with some careful prying. The red and chrome come off together but can then be separated. Here are a couple posts that I found helpful when I went to remove mine:

Thanks so much for the tip just took the Flowtie off 10 minutes ago going to Hyperdip today along with the back bowtie.

Attachments

• Flowtie Removed.jpg
    Flowtie Removed.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 46
So I am in the middle of Hyperdipping my 4 ZR2 badges and the Black bowtie in the rear. I removed the Chrome Silverado and the Chrome 6.2L on the hood completely.

I was wondering if anyone has taken off the "Flowtie" on the front or know how it is removed? I would like to get rid of he chrome around that as well but keep the red insert would be much easier I think without it on the truck.

Here are the pics of the first drivers fender badge start to finish.
In pic #4, did you just pull the dip at the edge and came off around the lettering or did you have to gently score it in places?

No scoring at all on badges that big the divides or changes in elevation if you will are drastic enough that the HYperdip just splits around it on it's own. Here are the photos from the grill, tailgate and other fender.

The only issue I had was with the small badge on the grill. First of all it was put on crooked by the factory so the top of the 2 is basically touching the top of the grill cut out. But mainly the size of the badge is just to small so I am thinking maybe less coats would be the answer. I had to score around the inside of the 2 with a razor blade to get it to peel correctly and I tried before scoring and lifted a corner so I am sure it won't last and will have to be redone. That is the nice thing about Hyperdip though I guess... I can just peel that badge and do it over. I think next time I would just remove the badge and spray it than put it back on.

Attachments

• Hyperdip 25.jpg
    Hyperdip 25.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Hyperdip 24.jpg
    Hyperdip 24.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Hyperdip 22.jpg
    Hyperdip 22.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Hyperdip 21.jpg
    Hyperdip 21.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Hyperdip 26.jpg
    Hyperdip 26.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 92
  • Hyperdip 19.jpg
    Hyperdip 19.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Hyperdip 18.jpg
    Hyperdip 18.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 92
No scoring at all on badges that big the divides or changes in elevation if you will are drastic enough that the HYperdip just splits around it on it's own. Here are the photos from the grill, tailgate and other fender.

The only issue I had was with the small badge on the grill. First of all it was put on crooked by the factory so the top of the 2 is basically touching the top of the grill cut out. But mainly the size of the badge is just to small so I am thinking maybe less coats would be the answer. I had to score around the inside of the 2 with a razor blade to get it to peel correctly and I tried before scoring and lifted a corner so I am sure it won't last and will have to be redone. That is the nice thing about Hyperdip though I guess... I can just peel that badge and do it over. I think next time I would just remove the badge and spray it than put it back on.
That flow tie came out excellent!

I’m going to make an attempt at it. Which color black hyper dip did you go with? Seems like they have a half dozen.

Shadow Black is what I used and it is the flat black. Piano black is the glossy black.

Reactions: AXE
That came out great. I really like the chrome delete on these trucks. If I didn't buy one already at the dealer, I would have paid for the black badges. Guess I'll be going this route instead.

Reactions: AXE
I just ordered a replacement badge for the small ZR2 in my grill it was $43 after tax. I will Hyperdip this one off the truck than install it. Also I asked about ordering the Flowtie and it was $45 before tax if anyone is interested breaks theirs removing. I have both part #'s if needed.

I just ordered a replacement badge for the small ZR2 in my grill it was $43 after tax. I will Hyperdip this one off the truck than install it. Also I asked about ordering the Flowtie and it was $45 before tax if anyone is interested breaks theirs removing. I have both part #'s if needed.
What’s the part number for the grille ZR2 emblem?

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back