Pass thru bowtie "chrome" delete

RappZR2

Reaction score
Have a Sand Dune truck and trying to get all the chrome off. Put on all black badging. Only thing left is the pass thru bowtie on the grill. I feel like I could pry off the plastic chrome and wrap it, but I'm not sure if that's how it is secured. I can't find a replacement if I break it not knowing how it's stuck on there. After messing with it I feel like it is clipped on there? Anyone attempt this yet or know how GM has it secured on there?

Here you go. It will pry off with a plastic pry tool and a little patience.
20221111_110025.jpg
20221111_110012.jpg

Totally agree...how about a pic of the tailgate?
Oh I used black badges on the tailgate. The chrome one I removed is painted red and stuck to that front license plate. The dealer unfortunately installed the front holder during their prep and I couldn't find a vanity plate I liked. So I just reused the oem badge on the front. I bought a blank plate online for like 12 bucks
20221118_131419.jpg

I used matte black by rustoleum. Their product is much better than the original Plastidip. This came out like glass, the original plastidip always had orange peel and felt tacky/sticky all the time.

I used matte black by rustoleum. Their product is much better than the original Plastidip. This came out like glass, the original plastidip always had orange peel and felt tacky/sticky all the time.
And the Bowtie just pops off with a gentle pry of a nylon pry tool...correct? I'd like to do this too, but in RED to match the tow hooks.

Any advice on getting it off with any damage is appreciated.

And the Bowtie just pops off with a gentle pry of a nylon pry tool...correct? I'd like to do this too, but in RED to match the tow hooks.

Any advice on getting it off with any damage is appreciated.
Yes correct, I start playing around with it because I figured that it would be a lot easier to remove it versus tape it off and cover everything. It was a little nerve wracking hahaha but I got it off and come to fine out it was 2 pieces (chrome and red pieces). I just used a plastic squeegee and worked around the edges and it came right off.

Np, I had mine painted Red. I also had them spray the chrome ZR2 badge I removed from the tailgate. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
View attachment 1378
Any thoughts on how to get a nice LED light installed in the bowtie? My current Trailboss has the OEM light up Bowtie emblem and I would want a a nice "lit up" bowtie where the light doesn't glow up the entire grill area, just the bowtie. Thoughts??

Any thoughts on how to get a nice LED light installed in the bowtie? My current Trailboss has the OEM light up Bowtie emblem and I would want a a nice "lit up" bowtie where the light doesn't glow up the entire grill area, just the bowtie. Thoughts??
I would also like to have it back lit. I had planned on trying to come up with something, I just haven't gotten around to trying it. I also thought maybe they would release an OEM light up emblem for the ZR2, but haven't seen one of those yet either.

If that inside lip that is red was clear or translosant plastic. Some LEDs on badge between it and the grill would work great. Maybe even remove the lip and just cast some leds in resin and add the inside lip back with the clear resin. But yeah just putting lights behind the grill would just light up the radiator. Lol like I said I've thought about it a little and eventually I'll probably order a spare emblem to experiment on 😅

One of those DD 2" SSC's might fit nicely in there, lol.

Have a Sand Dune truck and trying to get all the chrome off. Put on all black badging. Only thing left is the pass thru bowtie on the grill. I feel like I could pry off the plastic chrome and wrap it, but I'm not sure if that's how it is secured. I can't find a replacement if I break it not knowing how it's stuck on there. After messing with it I feel like it is clipped on there? Anyone attempt this yet or know how GM has it secured on there?
im right behind you. just got my GM black accessory badges.....made in china. wtf?

Reactions: AXE
im right behind you. just got my GM black accessory badges.....made in china. wtf?
They buy our recyclable plastic for pennies, then make shit for us and charge hundreds!

#ChiNa

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back