Is anyone having a problem with starting their truck from the key fob?

WTJOE

Reaction score
I can't seem to be able to start my truck from the key fob. It starts just fine with the Chevy app. Not sure if this function key is bad as all the other buttons work.

sit in your truck....does the truck recognise the key fob? or does it say battery? if it says battery, place fob between the 2 cup holders in the console and hit start.

I can't seem to be able to start my truck from the key fob. It starts just fine with the Chevy app. Not sure if this function key is bad as all the other buttons work.
You are hitting lock first and double pressing the remote start correct?

All doors have to be closed.

Mine starts further away than any truck I've had!

If there are any codes stored in the trucks computer it won't start automatically. Probably not an issue if OnStar is working.

You are hitting lock first and double pressing the remote start correct?

All doors have to be closed.
Yep. I’m hitting lock button first and then holding down start just as I did in my 2018 LTZ but no dice.

Mine did the same thing. You’ll need to connect to your home internet and load the update

Just tried it again with 2 clicks on start. That did it. It works so operator error on my part. Thanks
Great !, I was about to mention that you need to double click it. I had a 2017 High Country and you just held it down. These newer trucks are different.

You don't have to hit the lock button first like the older trucks. Just double tap and hold the start button. They also will start with the doors open now. It does lock the doors when you remote start though. The other main difference is if you hit the start button again it turns the truck off. You use to be able to remote start a second time and it would extend the idle time. Now a third button push turns the truck off.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back