Multiple Issues FOB and Infotainment System

I carry my fob in the watch pocket of my jeans and never had an issue.

Lol, Hey I never called you fat. But I have been around a few guys complaining about the size of their phones, keyfobs, ect. While wearing a pair of what I consider skinny jeans. So I was just tossing that out there.

My EDC stuff is actually a good amount. Has been for years. My kids joke that I have a utility belt. So I understand what you mean by you have a lot on you. I carry keys, knife, flashlight, phone, wallet, ink pen, pistol, galaxy ear buds and a tube of chap stick, lol. My phone is a Galaxy 22 Ultra with a S-pen. So about the biggest phone you can get.

You might want to consider something like this. I have a left side tux version. I've used them for a few years. I carry my pistol on my right side and that on my left. It frees up pocket space and makes carrying everything easy. That's also what my keys are attached to. Like I said before my FOB just sits in the top part of my pocket. My earbuds and stuff sit below it. So that stuff isn't getting smashed together when I move around. Seems to work well for me.
They should integrate the key fob into a Glock 29, maybe into the butt plate of the mag.

Maybe this would help? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have actually unlocked the doors a couple of times by accident, had a second set of keys in my pocket that did it.

1705516244325.png

Oh, and finding the list of stations is a royal pain in the ass. I wish they would take BMW's approach that not only shows you the list, but it also shows you what's playing! (honestly, it's the only thing I like about my wife's X3...)

Lol, Hey I never called you fat. But I have been around a few guys complaining about the size of their phones, keyfobs, ect. While wearing a pair of what I consider skinny jeans. So I was just tossing that out there.

My EDC stuff is actually a good amount. Has been for years. My kids joke that I have a utility belt. So I understand what you mean by you have a lot on you. I carry keys, knife, flashlight, phone, wallet, ink pen, pistol, galaxy ear buds and a tube of chap stick, lol. My phone is a Galaxy 22 Ultra with a S-pen. So about the biggest phone you can get.

You might want to consider something like this. I have a left side tux version. I've used them for a few years. I carry my pistol on my right side and that on my left. It frees up pocket space and makes carrying everything easy. That's also what my keys are attached to. Like I said before my FOB just sits in the top part of my pocket. My earbuds and stuff sit below it. So that stuff isn't getting smashed together when I move around. Seems to work well for me.
That is a dang good idea. I have a phone in my left pocket and if it isn't by itself I break screens. I don't put anything in my back pockets because I don't like sitting on lumps. So, I have my Right pocket left. You name it, it's in there! Maybe high time to do the tux thing. Going to change options for my other keys as well. Most of the keys I carry I need once a year. Why am I carrying these things? Too bad I'm not 30 years younger. I'd be a lot more comfortable carrying it in a Murse.... :oops:

Maybe this would help? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have actually unlocked the doors a couple of times by accident, had a second set of keys in my pocket that did it.

View attachment 9587

Oh, and finding the list of stations is a royal pain in the ass. I wish they would take BMW's approach that not only shows you the list, but it also shows you what's playing! (honestly, it's the only thing I like about my wife's X3...)
Oh hell, don't get me going on that one! For $85K, I should be able to voice over ANYTHING and get what I want. I have yet to get anywhere close to the radio station I want with voice over. But just three screens away is a memory button for your station. Hey GM; NOT AT 70 MPH! $85K should get you hands free. But don't think other profiles are better. Some may have fixed one thing, but the whole thing is an overthought mess.

Last edited:
Oh hell, don't get me going on that one! For $85K, I should be able to voice over ANYTHING and get what I want. I have yet to get anywhere close to the radio station I want with voice over. But just three screens away is a memory button for your station. Hey GM; NOT AT 70 MPH! $85K should get you hands free. But don't thing other profiles are better. Some may have fixed one thing, but the whole thing is an overthought mess.
AMEN !!!!!

BMW was smart, they put a button that says Media, and it defaults to what I described above. Problem is it's on the console so you have to look DOWN to find it... 🤷‍♂️

That is a dang good idea. I have a phone in my left pocket and if it isn't by itself I break screens. I don't put anything in my back pockets because I don't like sitting on lumps. So, I have my Right pocket left. You name it, it's in there! Maybe high time to do the tux thing. Going to change options for my other keys as well. Most of the keys I carry I need once a year. Why am I carrying these things? Too bad I'm not 30 years younger. I'd be a lot more comfortable carrying it in a Murse.... :oops:
They are awesome. A little pricey, but you won't wear it out. I've worn mine every day for the last 3 years. They had like 4 to choose from when I bought mine. They only had one left side option at the time. I actually bought another today after I looked them up to post that link, lol

They are awesome. A little pricey, but you won't wear it out. I've worn mine every day for the last 3 years. They had like 4 to choose from when I bought mine. They only had one left side option at the time. I actually bought another today after I looked them up to post that link, lol
I did buy one, but I'm a cheap A and bought the $30 Amazon Version. If I really like it, I'll upgrade. Thanks! Good advice!

I take it everyone has these issues, but I want to list some of them and see if others experience the same.
2023 Silverado ZR2. First; best look and mechanics of any truck I have owned. That being said....

1. The FOB is now 30 percent larger. They had to make it that big so they could fit a 2 inch long key inside. (WTH) But also, there is no longer an indention where the buttons are. So every time it goes in my pocket, it gets one of the buttons pushed. I came out one morning to have the doors unlocked and windows down. Even worse; no lock back function. So if I park downtown, leave the vehicle for a few hours and at some point click the FOB accidentally, it unlocks and stays that way. I carry my keys the same as I have for the past 30 years. Never had an issue until this new MASSIVE FOB with huge buttons and no protection.

2. Where do I start with the Infotainment system? How about here; It does almost nothing correctly. If I press the voice over button and say, 'Call Bob Smith on Mobile'. I get a message that says 'I can't call Bob Smith using Apple Car Play, you will have to use Apple Car Play.' Huh? So you press and hold the button for a couple of seconds, and you get your apple car play dialog and then you can ask it to call. That seems to work.

3. Cannot voice over to get ANY radio station. Or, should I say, any radio station you want. So I say, 'Tune to 750 AM.' I get KAMA 750 Hispanic Channel in CA. Ok, so I spell it out. "Tune to 750 AM Radio Atlanta.' I get 750 the Game in Ohio. Ok, so lets just tune it manually. Hard to find the screens to get you to the tune dialog. So, lets tune it on the dashboard. Use the right left buttons till I see the radio station on the screen..... then what? I can't roll through stations that way as it seems to just be a display of what station you are on.

You can finally get yourself to a lot of things sitting still messing with it, but definitely not something I can use at 70 MPH.

Is anyone else have issues like these? It just seems to be completely overthought.
Same here.

Ok; here is the update for my infotainment issues. Not saying this fixes all issues but…. The issues are more with Apple Car Play. And even more confusion when both Google and ACP are both on. For new users, BE SURE you understand that giving the Voice Over button a quick click will get you Google, and a push and hold or a couple of seconds will get Siri/ACP. Some things are better on Google. For example; I CANNOT voice in ANY radio station on ACP. It will take me randomly to anything from Trey Hensley, to Paw Patrol, to a radio station in LA. Google gets it right for the AM/FM stations anyway.
However if ACP is on, simply doing the quick click and telling it to Call Bob Smith on mobile nets you a stupid response. Turn off ACP, then voice over a contact person works fine. Also, press voice over button for 2 seconds to get Siri and it works fine.
If you have ACP on and your phone is not in the charger, you may not be able to use the bar on your steering wheel to change stations. Put phone in charger, or turn off ACP.
The only logical advice I have is to maybe leave both on and learn which method to use for which program gets it right. Other issues like Pandora going silent and having to fumble through clicks to get it going again are unresolved. Simply an inconsistency between outside APPS and GM programming I guess.

Most Member Reactions

Back