Magnaflow 19534 Direct fit muffler kit

SeaHunt

Reaction score
Received my Magnaflow kit today and went ahead and installed it. A special shoutout to AXE that gave me a bunch of pro tips which made the installation much easier. I had it done by myself within 2 hours. I guess it's not too bad for a 70 year old fart. One thing I had to do was to cut the pipe coming from the CAT to 4 inches instead of the 6 inches they tell you or else there was no way to get the assembly to go together. Also, I ended using an 8 inch Sawzall blade instead of a 6 inch. I love the sound and best of all no drone issues. The loudest it gets is when you do a cold start and even that isn't too bad. Once again, thank you AXE for all your help and tips.

Attachments

• 20230823_144350.jpg
    20230823_144350.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 153
  • 20230823_155440.jpg
    20230823_155440.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 20230823_155448.jpg
    20230823_155448.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 20230823_155631.jpg
    20230823_155631.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 109
Received my Magnaflow kit today and went ahead and installed it. A special shoutout to AXE that gave me a bunch of pro tips which made the installation much easier. I had it done by myself within 2 hours. I guess it's not too bad for a 70 year old fart. One thing I had to do was to cut the pipe coming from the CAT to 4 inches instead of the 6 inches they tell you or else there was no way to get the assembly to go together. Also, I ended using an 8 inch Sawzall blade instead of a 6 inch. I love the sound and best of all no drone issues. The loudest it gets is when you do a cold start and even that isn't too bad. Once again, thank you AXE for all your help and tips.
Looks good, so does your driveway 👍🏼

Excellent! I think it's the only way to enjoy the 6.2L motor to its full extent. I'd like to think I'm still working on my rigs when I'm in my 70s.....God willing! My grandpa was still getting after it at 92 and my Dad's doing it now at 79......my kind of guys!

Excellent! I think it's the only way to enjoy the 6.2L motor to its full extent. I'd like to think I'm still working on my rigs when I'm in my 70s.....God willing! My grandpa was still getting after it at 92 and my Dad's doing it now at 79......my kind of guys!
Thank you for those kind words my friend. I try to stay active here in Naples Florida. I'm starting to get into pickle ball now besides golfing. I'm in a 55 plus community where I live. I have a few friends that own C8 Vettes and one guy just traded his Lambo SUV for a Ram TRX. That truck is dope !

Reactions: AXE
It's like women...... the better looking they are...... the harder they are too maintain!
You ain't kidding, I have a neighbor that's close to 75 and you should see the Colombian babe he's sporting. She could be his granddaughter, lol. She must be 25 to 30 at the most. Talking about gold digger, lol.

Great feedback on your install SeaHunt. I am still awaiting delivery on mine. So no cabin drone at all? That is probably my biggest concern since I travel often during the month for business. I'm so used to the quiet cabin that I'm not sure what to expect.

If you want a quiet cabin, do not replace the stock exhaust. This thing makes noise, which is what everyone wants when going to aftermarket exhaust.

Last edited:
Exhaust noise or (notes) is expected but I was most concerned about drone. I have 2 other vehicles with the Corsa Sport System and Corsa Extreme System and no drone for either one, so I am used to exhaust notes of a clean system. Thanks

Exhaust noise or (notes) is expected but I was most concerned about drone. I have 2 other vehicles with the Corsa Sport System and Corsa Extreme System and no drone for either one, so I am used to exhaust notes of a clean system. Thanks
I can tell you for sure your gone hear it in automatic from 55 to 75 mph. I'm not sure it's "drone"cause everyone perceives it differently. You can get a little less "drone" in manual L8-L9, but you gotta get the rpms above 1700 and it goes away. I ran 78 to 83 mph the other day and it's almost always there at that speed. Just gotta turn up the radio.

Great feedback on your install SeaHunt. I am still awaiting delivery on mine. So no cabin drone at all? That is probably my biggest concern since I travel often during the month for business. I'm so used to the quiet cabin that I'm not sure what to expect.
As AXE mention in his comments, are you going to have a quiet cabin ? The answer is no. I would say it probably about 20% louder then the stock muffler but not bad at all. I take my wife to therapy everyday and we ride about 25 miles each way and we speak at a normal level just like before and the radio is at the same level as before or maybe a bit higher but thats it. As for the droning sound, I really don't hear it at all, I've gone as fast as 85 MPH with the cruise control on and then as slow as 50 MPH while doing around 1400 - 1700 RPM and still no drone. That little appendage the pipe has that comes out the side is suppose to be the anti-drone technology. I think you'll be very happy with it and the way it sounds. the loudest it gets is when you do a cold start but that only lasts less then a minute.

Just installed mine today. Drone is gone compared to the FlowFX swap I did. Still loud enough to hear but doesn’t have that constant “base” sound in your ears like just a muffler swap.

Just installed mine today. Drone is gone compared to the FlowFX swap I did. Still loud enough to hear but doesn’t have that constant “base” sound in your ears like just a muffler swap.
Excellent, all my buddies have installed this muffler kit and are very happy with the outcome. It does get a little loud at cold startup but then it quiets down within a min.

Can someone please post a video with cold start followed by settle down? My Borla Atak is starting to wear on me.

It's not bad, you sure as hell aint scaring anyone beyond 30 feet. I wish it was louder so I could remote start it in the Home Depot parking lot when someone is loading their goods next to me.

Listen to these clip with good headphones or through your truck speakers. Phone speakers are useless for matching sound.

I've posted several clips in my install thread.

Attachments

• 20230815_114542.mp4
    16.8 MB
  • 20230810_101331.mp4
    11.2 MB
Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back