Magnaflow 19543 Exhaust Installed

I wanted to hear this exhaust for myself. I think it might be even better sounding after a few miles in the exhaust.

Here a couple of drive bys with a little more speed and throttle. My boy was driving and he was pretending to be responsible.

Listen to it in your truck or save your time!
🔥🔥🔥

Reactions: AXE
I wanted to hear this exhaust for myself. I think it might be even better sounding after a few miles in the exhaust.

Here a couple of drive bys with a little more speed and throttle. My boy was driving and he was pretending to be responsible.

Listen to it in your truck or save your time!
I may be swapping the Borla ATAK, it wakes the dead at start up (and I left factory resonators and added an aftermarket resonator) Overall sounds good but that seems to be a solid sound but maybe a bit more mild overall.

I may be swapping the Borla ATAK, it wakes the dead at start up (and I left factory resonators and added an aftermarket resonator) Overall sounds good but that seems to be a solid sound but maybe a bit more mild overall.
what are you gonna swap it out for?

About 10 days post install, I am very happy with the exhaust. Price, quality, ease of install, and sound are all 9.5-10/10.

Startup sound is a little loud for first 2 seconds, then just a little louder than stock until it idles down. Idle is just a little louder with a nice deep sound. Awesome deep growl sound when getting on the throttle and also when backing off throttle, especially in tow/haul mode L1-L5. When steady state throttle at 55-75 mph you can hear the exhaust in back cabin, slightlyless in tow/haul L8-10. Some may consider it "drone", I just think its normal exhaust note from a less restricted pass through muffler. If you have radio on at 30-40% volume you don't really hear it. Tow/haul mode L8 has very little exhaust note when cruising 55-75 mph. I folded my tonneau cover up and it wasn't as noticeable either.

I think the transmission shifting in auto low gears has improved with "learning". However, I still think the reduce back pressure makes shifting a little early. Still think it seems a little soft at times with variable throttle inputs. I think the AFM kicking in is contributing.

I might try the exhaust this thread is about, I read earlier on it doesn’t have the cold start roar and the clips seem to have a solid tone.
Hottexhaust.com has a 20% off coupon when you sign up with them. You total price with discount will be around 530.00 with free FedEx shipping. That's what I ended up paying which I think is a great deal.

I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks now that there are a few others getting these installed. Hopefully everyone else finds them to be a good deal.

I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks now that there are a few others getting these installed. Hopefully everyone else finds them to be a good deal.
Do you have any pro tips when it comes to cutting the pipes, making sure it's a square cut ? I though of getting painters tape and carefully going around the pipe and then follow the leading edge of the tape with the blade all the way around to get a square cut.

Do you have any pro tips when it comes to cutting the pipes, making sure it's a square cut ? I though of getting painters tape and carefully going around the pipe and then follow the leading edge of the tape with the blade all the way around to get a square cut.
Jig Saw with a long blade. Don’t over think it.

Before you start, get some saftey glasses or goggles that seal around your eyes, cause hot metal will be flying in your face. Some light gloves might help protect your fingers. Let your stock exhaust cool, it gets hot with just a couple minutes idle time.

The stainless steel on the pipes is very rigid, so getting a decent square cut is not difficult with a sawzall and 6 inch blade. Just make sure you square up when you start the cut. I used painters tape to give me a visual to make sure the blade wasn't drifting. Make sure you have a new sharp blade as the SS is hard and a dull blade will make a bad cut.

Need to debur all the new cuts as well as the Magnaflow cuts as they are rough. I used a die grinder and medium grit bit. You could use 100 grit sandpaper or a round file too. I also deburred the cuts where the clamps go to make a smooth clamping surface.

Need to support the pipe/muffler your cutting out as its heavy. I wrapped a couple rubber bungee cords around the stock pipe and drive shaft. Paracord or some 1/4 inch braided rope would work. Then I supported muffler with an adjustable height rolling stool under middle of muffler. A five gallon bucket would work too. You'll look better with your face in tact and all your teeth when smiling after you hear that exhaust rolling.

Before you start, get some saftey glasses or goggles that seal around your eyes, cause hot metal will be flying in your face. Some light gloves might help protect your fingers. Let your stock exhaust cool, it gets hot with just a couple minutes idle time.

The stainless steel on the pipes is very rigid, so getting a decent square cut is not difficult with a sawzall and 6 inch blade. Just make sure you square up when you start the cut. I used painters tape to give me a visual to make sure the blade wasn't drifting. Make sure you have a new sharp blade as the SS is hard and a dull blade will make a bad cut.

Need to debur all the new cuts as well as the Magnaflow cuts as they are rough. I used a die grinder and medium grit bit. You could use 100 grit sandpaper or a round file too. I also deburred the cuts where the clamps go to make a smooth clamping surface.

Need to support the pipe/muffler your cutting out as its heavy. I wrapped a couple rubber bungee cords around the stock pipe and drive shaft. Paracord or some 1/4 inch braided rope would work. Then I supported muffler with an adjustable height rolling stool under middle of muffler. A five gallon bucket would work too. You'll look better with your face in tact and all your teeth when smiling after you hear that exhaust rolling.
Excellent tips my friend, Yes, I'm a strong supporter about have protective gear on all the time, especially your eyes and face. Question, When it comes time to install the new setup, do you have enough slack or back and forth play to get everything lined up and put into place ? It's not like you have a flange and you just bring up the two faces of the flange and install the bolts. I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to say.

Excellent tips my friend, Yes, I'm a strong supporter about have protective gear on all the time, especially your eyes and face. Question, When it comes time to install the new setup, do you have enough slack or back and forth play to get everything lined up and put into place ? It's not like you have a flange and you just bring up the two faces of the flange and install the bolts. I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to say.
Yes, you have a little play to get the pieces together and aligned, but it definitely requires some patience and manipulation of the parts. It's a little hard laying on your back with stretched arms trying to get them situated. Might help to have a partner help.

I put my clamps on pipe first and just barely tighten to keep them in place.

I started from the rear and worked forward. Also used the bungee cord to keep that in place.

Then put the front end of muffler piece to stock pipe. Then push both ends on to stock pipes as far as far as you can. Then drop the two ends in the middle about 10-12 inches to get them started. You will have to rotate both parts to get them to come together. Then once they are together you can rotate them back and square up the pieces.

Then position pipes so there is equal amounts of slop at each joint. I estimate that was 1/8-1/4 inch. Then you can clamp them down a little each and rotate between them until torqued down. Shouldn't have any gaps around joints when fully tight.

Yes, you have a little play to get the pieces together and aligned, but it definitely requires some patience and manipulation of the parts. It's a little hard laying on your back with stretched arms trying to get them situated. Might help to have a partner help.

I put my clamps on pipe first and just barely tighten to keep them in place.

I started from the rear and worked forward. Also used the bungee cord to keep that in place.

Then put the front end of muffler piece to stock pipe. Then push both ends on to stock pipes as far as far as you can. Then drop the two ends in the middle about 10-12 inches to get them started. You will have to rotate both parts to get them to come together. Then once they are together you can rotate them back and square up the pieces.

Then position pipes so there is equal amounts of slop at each joint. I estimate that was 1/8-1/4 inch. Then you can clamp them down a little each and rotate between them until torqued down. Shouldn't have any gaps around joints when fully tight.
Excellent, Thanks again for that pro tip, I really appreciate it. FedEx shows my kit shows arriving on Tuesday so I'll probably get on it on Wednesday. I got quite a few battery Milwaukee tools in my garage like 3/8 impact guns, 1/2 impacts and ratchets. to make my job easier. I will also take pics and post them up.

Also put the rear one in the exhaust hanger right away. But put the front two in the exhaust hangers last.

If your stock hangers are hard to get off, spray a little dry silicone on shaft. You can use a channel lock pliers to push on the center of hangers and pull rubber over raised end piece. They also make a tool for that job.

Excellent, Thanks again for that pro tip, I really appreciate it. FedEx shows my kit shows arriving on Tuesday so I'll probably get on it on Wednesday. I got quite a few battery Milwaukee tools in my garage like 3/8 impact guns, 1/2 impacts and ratchets. to make my job easier. I will also take pics and post them up.
FedEx required a signature. I just happened to be home.

Installed the Magnaflow 19543 exhaust system. It really sounds great. Not loud on startup, sounds great running through the gears (especially manual 1-5 and tow/haul mode), easy install, excellent materials and craftsmanship, low cost at $528 delivered in 2.5 days from Hottexhaust.com. I believe that is a Magnaflow company. Not much drive time, but I can recommend this one

Question, did you keep the old muffler or did you just toss it away ? It's kinda taking space inside my garage and don't want to keep it around if it's not necessary.

Question, did you keep the old muffler or did you just toss it away ? It's kinda taking space inside my garage and don't want to keep it around if it's not necessary.
I still have it, only because I wanted to make sure I liked the magniflow. I'll probably drop mine off at a metal recycle facility after a while.

I was on an open stretch of highway running 78 to 83 mph. There was more exhaust noise in cab at that speed and it didn't seem to matter if I was running in auto or manual mode. Again, not bad, but your gonna hear it. If I was to use the term "drone", this is probably close to it. It makes a difference with road noise and radio volume.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back