Magnaflow 19543 Exhaust Installed

I think Flow master & Borla are the only ones who don't use some kind of packing.
I think that's the long running debate between Flowmaster and Magnaflow both of which have a great classic muscle car sound.

I'm very interested in doing this to my truck. My question is, Do you experience any kind of exhaust leaks since clamps are being used and not welded ?? That would be a deal breaker for me, Thanks !
I have not had any leaks. The pipe joints overlap about 3”.

Installed the Magnaflow 19543 exhaust system. It really sounds great. Not loud on startup, sounds great running through the gears (especially manual 1-5 and tow/haul mode), easy install, excellent materials and craftsmanship, low cost at $528 delivered in 2.5 days from Hottexhaust.com. I believe that is a Magnaflow company. Not much drive time, but I can recommend this one

axe where are you in AZ, I'm in Prescott, would like to hear your truck in person

Reactions: AXE
axe where are you in AZ, I'm in Prescott, would like to hear your truck in person
I'm in North Peoria judt south of you as the crow flies. I may actually be coming up to Prescott Valley soon. Was thinking of bringing my SXS into Go AZ Motorcycles for service. Got an electrical/ignition issue I can't sort out. I'd probably be there mid morning or noonish.

PM me your number, I'll try to let you know.

I jus
Here are a few pictures of parts and install. Really a nice quality system and

Here are a few pictures of parts and install. Really a nice quality system and fairly easy to install.
I just received my kit just like your and was going over the install notes and your images before tearing into mine. I notice that the area were you cut the pipe close to the rear axle only has one set of hangers and the way I'm looking at the install notes it seems to me I would have 2 hangers and not only one like your image shows. Did you perhaps cut the rear area in 2 different sections ? Just want to make sure I don't fu*k it up when I start cutting. Also, do you recommend a chain type cutter over a sawsall or angle grinder? Seems that the chain type cutter would give you a cleaner and straight cut. I can borrow one from a friend if needed. Thanks !

I think that's the long running debate between Flowmaster and Magnaflow both of which have a great classic muscle car sound.
I was just looking at your pictures of the parts in the exhaust. I noticed Magnaflow used a Hemholtz resonator, to eliminate the drone. they work really well. Foose used Magnaflow on all their builds, on Overhaulin'.

I believe Eric Buhl invented this for the intakes on his bike to please the EPA, of course. EPA didn't like the intake noise level on Harley engines, ,LOL.

I jus

I just received my kit just like your and was going over the install notes and your images before tearing into mine. I notice that the area were you cut the pipe close to the rear axle only has one set of hangers and the way I'm looking at the install notes it seems to me I would have 2 hangers and not only one like your image shows. Did you perhaps cut the rear area in 2 different sections ? Just want to make sure I don't fu*k it up when I start cutting. Also, do you recommend a chain type cutter over a sawsall or angle grinder? Seems that the chain type cutter would give you a cleaner and straight cut. I can borrow one from a friend if needed. Thanks !
That is exactly what happened. The black and white photo in my instructions was hard to read. I did my first cut between the hangers and when I laid it out to take the photo I knew it wasn't cut right, so I cut again in the right spot. As a note Magnaflow has color photos on their website and it's easier to see.

I used a small Milwaukee 12V Sawzall for that cut and it was easier to get into that tighter spot. That is the hardest cut and the cut is on a slight bend in the pipe. Mine stayed pretty square, but not perfect like the other two. I wrap some tape around it so I can use it as a guide so the sawzall bladed doesn't drift.

Last edited:
Here's the stats after my first tank of gas post muffler install. Kind of disappointed it made more than 8 mpg.........gonna have to work on that!

Attachments

• 20230817_192336.jpg
    20230817_192336.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 39
That is exactly what happened. The black and white photo in my instructions was hard to read. I did my first cut between the hangers and when I laid it out to take the photo I knew it wasn't cut right, so I cut again in the right spot. As a note Magnaflow had color photos on their website and it's easier to see.

I used a small Milwaukee 12V Sawzall for that cut and it was easier to get into that tighter spot. That is the hardest cut and the pipe is on a slight bend. Mine stayed pretty square, but not perfect like the other two. I wrap some tape around it so I can use it as a guide so the sawzall bladed doesn't drift.
Ok my friend, thank you for the clarification on those cuts. I was starting to get a little worried about that. I also have a small Sawzall from Dewalt with some good carbide tip blades. One more question, What size blade did you end up using ? I have a 6, 8, and 12 inch 14 TPI Diablo Demon carbide blade which is suppose to be appropriate for cutting the stock SS exhaust pipes. Thanks again for your help and guidance.

Here's the stats after my first tank of gas post muffler install. Kind of disappointed it made more than 8 mpg.........gonna have to work on that!
Your muffler will not have that impact on mileage. Actually, it will have about ZERO impact on mileage.

Ok my friend, thank you for the clarification on those cuts. I was starting to get a little worried about that. I also have a small Sawzall from Dewalt with some good carbide tip blades. One more question, What size blade did you end up using ? I have a 6, 8, and 12 inch 14 TPI Diablo Demon carbide blade which is suppose to be appropriate for cutting the stock SS exhaust pipes. Thanks again for your help and guidance.
At first I was gonna use a 4 inch blade cause I knew it would be tight , but eneded up using 6 inch and held it so it wouldn't hit the underside and shock.

I just used a standard dewalt metal blade. It's a little slow when your starting and passing through backside where you cut more metal. The middle cut is pretty fast.

That Diablo carbide blade will make for quick cuts.

At first I was gonna use a 4 inch blade cause I knew it would be tight , but eneded up using 6 inch and held it so it wouldn't hit the underside and shock.

I just used a standard dewalt metal blade. It's a little slow when your starting and passing through backside where you cut more metal. The middle cut is pretty fast.

That Diablo carbide blade will make for quick cuts.
Excellent, I bought 3 sizes of blades just to be sure. Thanks for your help my friend, I really appreciate it.

Your muffler will not have that impact on mileage. Actually, it will have about ZERO impact on mileage.
You've never driven with me and a new muffler with sustained rpms at 3500 to 5500 rpm.......lol
@securityguy you’ve got this place on lock down, nothing slips past you, fitting handle my man. However, I’m with @AXE i can guarantee a muffler impacts my mileage, at least for a while 😅😅😅

I wanted to hear this exhaust for myself. I think it might be even better sounding after a few miles on the exhaust.

Here a couple of drive bys with a little more speed and throttle. My boy was driving and he was pretending to be responsible.

Listen to it in your truck or save your time!

Attachments

• 20230818_141942.mp4
    11.1 MB
  • 20230818_141917.mp4
    13.1 MB
  • 20230818_141839.mp4
    9.2 MB
Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back