New features for 2023

GearheadSS

Founding Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make a new thread with new features for 2023. Feel free to post any that you discover.
New DIC startup screen. It also has a cool ZR2 animation at startup.
NEW DIC 2.jpg

They finally put a ZR2 in the drive mode screen.
NEW DIC 1.jpg

Center armrest loses the "phone holder"
2023:
2023-Chevy-Silverado-ZR2-Bison-1500-Interior-005-cockpit.jpg

vs. 2022:
2022-Chevrolet-Silverado-ZR2-012.jpg

8ball_99

Reaction score
I REALLY hope they push the screen changes to the 22. Looking at a high country on the dash bugs me.

On the flip side I'm glad I have the other armrest. I put a charger there and my wife and kids use it constantly.

Mikkeee

Reaction score
I have a 23 and it does not have the ZR2 animation or the ZR2 in the drive mode. I must have just missed it.

GearheadSS

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a 23 and it does not have the ZR2 animation or the ZR2 in the drive mode. I must have just missed it.
My 2023 doesn't have the ZR2 startup or the ZR2 in the drive mode screen either. :unsure:
Interesting. When were your trucks built? The ZR2 that we just got in that has these things was built on 12/5/22.

RVA_ZR2

Reaction score
Interesting. When were your trucks built? The ZR2 that we just got in that has these things was built on 12/5/22.
Since you have access to a truck with this new animation, any chance you could post a video showing the full sequence on both screens? I like the ZR2 screen photo you posted initially, but I could also live with the circuit-board Chevy sequence I currently have. I especially want to stare at a ZR2-specific model on my guage cluster daily vs. the chromed out LTZ. Fingers crossed for a OTA update in the near future for this!

Gbu27

Reaction score
Man I really do hope they push the ZR2 animation. Small things like that make the truck feel the kind of special it should have. That and I want to do the ZR2 stitching in the headrest it should have had from the factory as well imo

Last edited:

GearheadSS

Founding Member
Reaction score
Since you have access to a truck with this new animation, any chance you could post a video showing the full sequence on both screens? I like the ZR2 screen photo you posted initially, but I could also live with the circuit-board Chevy sequence I currently have. I especially want to stare at a ZR2-specific model on my guage cluster daily vs. the chromed out LTZ. Fingers crossed for a OTA update in the near future for this!
I will try. This week is pretty hectic but I'll try to grab a video of it.

NickR2

Reaction score
Probably removed from console top because wireless charging is no longer supported.
I wanted to make a new thread with new features for 2023. Feel free to post any that you discover.
New DIC startup screen. It also has a cool ZR2 animation at startup.
View attachment 1298

They finally put a ZR2 in the drive mode screen.
View attachment 1299

Center armrest loses the "phone holder"
2023:
View attachment 1300

vs. 2022:
View attachment 1301
I like 2022 console better.
Could be cause 2023 wireless charging no longer supported.

Gbu27

Reaction score
I just want someone to find out if these will be an update for the rest of us! I am honestly surprised they didn’t have this from the beginning.

GearheadSS

Founding Member
Reaction score
Probably removed from console top because wireless charging is no longer supported.

I like 2022 console better.
Could be cause 2023 wireless charging no longer supported.
No it's not that. It's just a complete redesign. That spot doesn't have anything to do with the wireless charging. Wireless charging not being available is just a temporary thing due to microchip shortages. It will be back in production. Fwiw, the ZR2 that we just got in that was built 2 weeks ago has wireless charging.

GearheadSS

Founding Member
Reaction score
Why does even this “update” seem half baked? The new animation is only on the DIC? I know the ZR2 is on a big time constraint so they aren’t selling as many as originally planned but the Trail Boss one looks so much better.

I bet it's coming.

KevO16

Founding Member
Reaction score
I tried to update yesterday and my update button is greyed out. When I tap on it I get this. Anybody else have any luck?
FDE46265-53DF-45BA-BF08-A46EE5072F79.jpeg

Most Member Reactions