New features for 2023

It is not the dealers fault that your truck didn't have whatever it is you expected. You bought it that way.

The dealership should not have to eat the cost of a factory feature that you feel should be there.
I will just add this...you are correct in that it's not the dealers fault this wasn't there. It is GM's fault it wasn't there as it was supposed to be there from the ZR2's introduction. This is why any dealer anywhere should do it without hesitation and file it as a warranty claim. It's not our place to have to fight with GM for a mistake that was made on their part. The dealership is the avenue to get things done thru GM.

I won’t bore you with the “keyboard tough guy” comment. Kiss dicks queerhead.
With all due respect, Gearhead has been here for 6 months more than you and over 9 months more than me...he clearly knows a TON more than we do about everything.....................

With all due respect, Gearhead has been here for 6 months more than you and over 9 months more than me...he clearly knows a TON more than we do about everything.....................
You missed the point but there's surprise in that. I know how it works with GM and warranty and there's a good chance that GM won't pay for the warranty claim if there's not a bulletin for the updated graphic. Therefore, the dealer eats the labor cost for the technician to perform the update.

But hey, what the hell do I know??

You missed the point but there's surprise in that. I know how it works with GM and warranty and there's a good chance that GM won't pay for the warranty claim if there's not a bulletin for the updated graphic. Therefore, the dealer eats the labor cost for the technician to perform the update.

Exactly!

freedom-free.gif

Nobody cares what you know. The dealership ain’t going under, they’ll be there to take money long after we’re all forgotten about.

This is exactly what my service advisor told me. Not that they wouldn't do it as a courtesy, but they are most definitely not obligated to perform it for free. When we bought these trucks we all knew the flaws and options that came with them from the factory. Any updates are just gravey.

Last edited:
There’s a lot of context I failed to mention in my original post, because honestly I didn’t think it mattered. Apparently several people care and want to make sure dealerships get every penny laying on the ground, so I’ll elaborate.
The truck was taken in for the DRL recall and an oil change. They had no clue the update for the gauge cluster even existed. I walked them onto it with the labor code provided in the forum by a generous member. They stated they would update the gauge cluster while they were at it. No mention of a charge at this time. I left and awaited the call to come get my truck. I never received a call informing me that the update would cost me or even a call that my truck was ready for pickup. When I called them, they said it had been ready for some time by that point. I showed up to get the truck and this is when they decide to tell me “oh by the way, that’ll be 152 for the animation update because warranty doesn’t cover that”. I explained how this could have been prevented and told them they can pay their employees a second time to uninstall because at that price point, I don’t want it. Then they decided that they will try to recoup from GM. For those that do care so much, I truly hope this explanation will suffice.

You do that. You should probably just stick to making posts about all of the crap you add to your truck anyway.
Fucking this. Is there an ignore feature? I could go without seeing this dude's posts about his next stupid mod.

And your warranty on a 22 shouldn't cover a feature on a 23 that you feel you should have gotten....

Fucking this. Is there an ignore feature? I could go without seeing this dude's posts about his next stupid mod.

And your warranty on a 22 shouldn't cover a feature on a 23 that you feel you should have gotten....
Scroll up and read my last post. If you think that’s just all good and I should have paid them, then you are a dealerships wet dream.

Just got mine back from the dealer today. They completed the DRL fix and updated my truck with ZR2 specific animation.
1. The animation is changed on the gauge cluster but NOT the main screen. (This should answer the question for anyone that was wondering.)
2. They tried to charge me 152 for the update. Obviously I didn’t pay them. They said they will try to get GM to cover and I wished them luck in that venture.
3. The labor code 2810195 is what they used to locate the update and install.
I have to drop off my truck off this Saturday for the DRL Recall fix and I told my advisor about the update and he has no idea of what I’m talking about I think. I gave him the labor code and he says he can’t find any updates so I wonder if the update would be available when they plug it in? Either way I hope that’s the case.

I have to drop off my truck off this Saturday for the DRL Recall fix and I told my advisor about the update and he has no idea of what I’m talking about I think. I gave him the labor code and he says he can’t find any updates so I wonder if the update would be available when they plug it in? Either way I hope that’s the case.
I Really don’t know. I would just tell them that several other people have had this update located and installed at the dealer using the same labor code. Crossing my fingers it works out for you!

This was posted on a Facebook group. This is what the dealership used to update the Driver Information Center graphics. I’m still on the fence about the update. I’d rather have a graphic that carries over to the infotainment center.
3A52045F-46B1-4A18-970C-99C6E8D72D44.jpeg

I heard back from my dealer today… He found the labor code and confirmed it is for the start up display update. I’ll be traveling for work next week and then having it done on my return. Overall, I’m satisfied with the truck, but for the flagship model of the line this seems pretty ridiculous.

Most Member Reactions

Back